The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Nice, though i don't understand but very - very impressive..

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Field Marshal General Sam Manikshaw is the greatest General the Modern Age has ever seen. No one can achieve what he achieved in 10 days against the pukes. Not even the present day Americans are able to achieve anything like what he achieved 4 decades back, even with the much sophisticated and highly flexible equipment used in the modern age war-fare.

HAIL GENERAL MANICKSHAW........

Through DFI i want say that my mother, who is a Kuchipudi dancer presented a small solo dance ballet in front of Field Marshal General Manickshaw......

And I am also proud that I hail from the place were he lived in his last years at Coonoor. I am from the nilgiris district. We are from Andhra Pradesh, but my mother's father used to work in the CORDITE FACTORY Aruvankadu at Ooty. My mother is born and brought up at Ooty and as a person living in Ooty she joined a college which is near by Field Marshal General Manickshaw's residence at Bandi-cholai, near coonoor.....

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
was this pic similar to Soviet troops leaving Afghan!!!
it remembers me the same.
Except for the time, means, INDIANS are returning after a VICTORY and the RUSSIANS were leaving Afghan due to the up-risal against them and also defeat faced by them.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

The revolver held by the female police officer looks like a S&W, .38 Special caliber or .38 S&W. My question is about the front sight; seems larger than normal or perhaps hooded?

She has her trigger finger outside the guard. The guy with the AK has his finger on the trigger. His being a "take no prisoners" attitude?

lemontree

Professional

The revolver held by the female police officer looks like a S&W, .38 Special caliber or .38 S&W. My question is about the front sight; seems larger than normal or perhaps hooded?
The lady is holding a Webley Scott Mark IV .455 cal. India police have many of these British era weapons.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles