The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
thanks for great pics, i did nt know that M4 is now inducted into IA.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
can any one identify the weapon showned here which has the barell resembling that of an insas?

Rage

DFI TEAM
can any one identify the weapon showned here which has the barell resembling that of an insas?
You mean this one?:

--

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that's a modernised AKS-47 variant with folding metal stock.

--

The paramilitaries have them en masse (being phased out for the BSF with Beretta's MX-4 carbine) as in the above pic.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Here are some new pics of the Rashtriya Rifles (old pics rather, just never posted before).

The Advanced Commando Combat System [ACCS] being imparted to the Rashtriya Rifles (also to the Garuds, NSG, SSG and Para SF before).

A very old pic from BR:

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
sorry rage i was not reffering to the bulgarian ak47s,i was enquiring about the weapon shown below

Rage

DFI TEAM
sorry rage i was not reffering to the bulgarian ak47s,i was enquiring about the weapon shown below
No idea mate. You may be on to something here.

It's not any recognizable weapon to me. The only clues are that, as the picture says, it seems to be from the Delft-island operation and that that seems to be some kind of auto-SLR.

@ Tojo, that's 10 Para Cdo., part of the Army's Parachute Regiment (1, 9, 10 and 21 are referred to as Para Cdo's.)

Koovie

@ Rage thx for the info, I was confused by those diving suits

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
it may be FN FAL 1C....In addition to 1,9,10,and 21 3,2and 4th battalions are also PARA COMMANDO batallions..now they all are designated as PARA SF....

Koovie

if so muchl Para regiments have been converted into SFs, are there any ""normal" paratroopers left??? and if yes, how many?

Rage

DFI TEAM
it may be FN FAL 1C....In addition to 1,9,10,and 21 3,2and 4th battalions are also PARA COMMANDO batallions..now they all are designated as PARA SF....
This seems to have been new.

I believe the 3rd and 4th conversions are now in process. Not sure if they have been completed. If so, that'd take the total to 7 Para Cdo. designates.

if so muchl Para regiments have been converted into SFs, are there any ""normal" paratroopers left??? and if yes, how many?
From Wikipedia: "The Parachute Regiment presently has seven special forces, three parachute, two Territorial Army and one Counter-Insurgency (Rashtriya Rifles) battalions in its fold".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para_Commandos_(India)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles