The Football thread

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
4 times in a row we've played well at stamford bridge and dropped points because of the cunting ref.

Rage

DFI TEAM
You see Villa's drives today? Utter crap. That guy Houllier should be given the boot <sorry for the bad pun>.

Anybody got money riding on the Cup?

mayfair

You see Villa's drives today? Utter crap. That guy Houllier should be given the boot <sorry for the bad pun>.

Anybody got money riding on the Cup?
I made a killing betting on Brum against La Arse...:pound:

plugwater

Rage, Looks like your team is in pole position for EPL !!

Manutd without Rio, Vidic against pool, Its going to be fun this weekend in Anfield :D

mayfair

Manc, what are your predictions for the Champions league reverse leg features coming up?

plugwater

Barcelona 2 - 1 Arsenal(Penalties maybe)

Spurs 1 - 1 ACM

Bayern 2 - 0 Inter

Real 3 - 0 Lyon

Chelsea 3 - 0 Copen

Manutd 2 - 1 Marseille

Have no clue over Valencia and Roma matches..

Your predictions ?

mayfair

Barcelona 2 - 1 Arsenal(Penalties maybe)

Spurs 1 - 1 ACM

Bayern 2 - 0 Inter

Real 3 - 0 Lyon

Chelsea 3 - 0 Copen

Manutd 2 - 1 Marseille

Have no clue over Valencia and Roma matches..

Your predictions ?
Much the same, expect I think Barca may prevail 3-1 or something like that and Spurs-Milan game may be decided on penalties. Valencia should put one over Roma, the rest in line with what you have said, though I think Lyon may score one goal at the Bernabeu, like the previous seasons.

plugwater

Real never get past the round of 16 in last 5 years i think, so if they do that 2011 might be their year.

Anyone can win in Barca vs Arsenal match. Game will be very much open like the first leg, one who take their chances wins the round.

mayfair

Barca have an away goal and they play very well at home. So I still feel they'll edge it. Real are better placed to go through but Lyon have been the fly in the ointment for at least 3 of those 5 instances when they failed to go beyond last 16, so they'll be wary.

mayfair

Much the same, expect I think Barca may prevail 3-1 or something like that and Spurs-Milan game may be decided on penalties. Valencia should put one over Roma, the rest in line with what you have said, though I think Lyon may score one goal at the Bernabeu, like the previous seasons.
Should have put a bet on that!! Arsenal may claim to be done in by the van Persie sending off, but they were hardly in the game at all, they barely got a sniff at the goal and the goal they did "score" was an own goal. Back to the drawing board for Wenger, I suppose now he'll turn full focus on the league.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Arsenal are out! woot woot!

Exquisite is the word for Xavi's play on Barca's second goal. Brilliant!

Arse nal deserve it though. Right from Szczesny getting hurt off from a mundane save to van Persie playing on in the 56th after the whistle was blown. It was an arse anal display all around. Kockamammy!

What'd you think of that final bit between Wenger and the ref tho? Ooh!! that brittle French temper! :D

plugwater

Arsenal are favorites to win the league ! hope they dont bottle it as well.

mayfair

Arsenal are out! woot woot!

Exquisite is the word for Xavi's play on Barca's second goal. Brilliant!

Arse nal deserve it though. Right from Szczesny getting hurt off from a mundane save to van Persie playing on in the 56th after the whistle was blown. It was an arse anal display all around. Kockamammy!

What'd you think of that final bit between Wenger and the ref tho? Ooh!! that brittle French temper! :D
I think it was his frustration at yet another disappointment in Europe. I think he knew that they were outplayed and the performance was not exactly inspiring. The sending off gave him an excuse to vent his frustrations.

Last edited:

plugwater

But wouldn't that be at the expense of youse?
Yes, But honestly noone deserved to win the league this time.

Also i need SAF to invest in our squad if we win this he ll go on and buy an unknown 18 year old for our midfield problems.

mayfair

So Champions league results for the week

Schalka 3-1 Valencia (4-2 agg)

Tottenham 0-0 AC Milan (1-0 agg)

Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal (agg 4-3)

Shakhtar Donetsk 3-0 Roma (agg 6-2)

plugwater

So three mediocre teams in last 8. Hope Merseille dont beat us!! I am starting to lose all my hopes for this season.

Global Defence

Articles