Sukhoi Su 30MKI

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
It IAF who never encountered MKi criticism post-Balakot, In fact, they built their case on it to import Rafale and 114 Gripen ( Rafale aspect could be justified)
While I agree that IAF used Balakot Mirages as case builders for showcasing the poor inventory diversity, IAF never propped a Rafale against an MKI.
In fact no professional Air force in the world would make such a comparison. MKIs are air superiority fighters, which means they can do almost anything you want them to do. In a theatre of war though, their main function is crossing enemy lines and clearing SAM sites for the Bomber like Rafale and Mirage, which are more suited for ground attack roles.
MKIs are huge aircrafts, Rafales are just the right size, A MKI can deliver a Brahmos. A MKI can airdrop a 100kt Nuke. Rafales simply do not have the engine power to either of that. So a comparison between the two would be pointless and borderline mischievous.
Disclaimer: I ❤ SU-30 MKI

Tang

Country flag
While I agree that IAF used Balakot Mirages as case builders for showcasing the poor inventory diversity, IAF never propped a Rafale against an MKI.
In fact no professional Air force in the world would make such a comparison. MKIs are air superiority fighters, which means they can do almost anything you want them to do. In a theatre of war though, their main function is crossing enemy lines and clearing SAM sites for the Bomber like Rafale and Mirage, which are more suited for ground attack roles.
MKIs are huge aircrafts, Rafales are just the right size, A MKI can deliver a Brahmos. A MKI can airdrop a 100kt Nuke. Rafales simply do not have the engine power to either of that. So a comparison between the two would be pointless and borderline mischievous.
Disclaimer: I ❤ SU-30 MKI
Rafale is better than Su30MKI in most of the scenario, be it bvr or wvr.
Rafale is not just a bomber same as Su30MKI is not just a fighter.
Both are multi-role jets, but currently, Rafale is much advanced than Su30MKI.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And what about the upgraded Su30mki under super sukhoi program with AESA RADARS and Astra MK2 and SFDR missiles ?

rone

Country flag

Burning moment for some people.
nope its not recce pod its ew variant growerlski look at wing tips and centerline pod recon pod is much grater , mki just practicing counter ew exercise nothing much am not Sucre it is in Ladhak but one thing is sure not in combat mod , ccm and mram missing, i think there will be another flying formation following it

rone

Country flag
It's a shame how such a good and advanced aircraft has been dragged through mud in recent types just so that they can build the Rafale hype.
dont take word of Indian prestitues when feb 27 happen they cried about we dont have long range AAM , all fools forgot aim 120 c max range is 90 km against medium maneuverable aircraft ( yes i know all going to tell me its not its 110 km ) the PAF f16 fired in 30,000 feet (ideal altitude to fire aim 120 ) in SAW mod but it never assured any kill, it only to harass cap ac's and give a opening for ADF to strike in or lunch sow, also if aim 120 have 110km range give me any proof from past 40 years where aim 120 shoot down a fighter over 60km range
aam never follows a fighter jet ( unless you watching a movie ) it just intercept with the fly path, also all current su30 mki after 2018 have Indian made mission computer and RWR only glass cockpit and radar update left to improve e technical aspects of the mki

Dessert Storm

Country flag
nope its not recce pod its ew variant growerlski look at wing tips and centerline pod recon pod is much grater , mki just practicing counter ew exercise nothing much am not Sucre it is in Ladhak but one thing is sure not in combat mod , ccm and mram missing, i think there will be another flying formation following it
Could you expand the 'growerlski' part. Particularly interested in knowing how near to a Growler can it become max in percentage terms.
Reason- I have been looking for material which can give pointers/possibilities on MKI+EW MKI in the flavour of Growlers+F15EX combo.

rone

Country flag
Could you expand the 'growerlski' part. Particularly interested in knowing how near to a Growler can it become max in percentage terms.
Reason- I have been looking for material which can give pointers/possibilities on MKI+EW MKI in the flavour of Growlers+F15EX combo.
i explained in 2019 it self how su30 mki can be converted in to ew version or strike group protection ew aircraft, anyways am posting some reference photos

KNIRTI-SAP-518-MiroslavGyurosi-1S.jpg

SAP-518 EWSP pods ( wing tip pods )

Su-30MKI+SAP-14+SAP-518-MiroslavGyurosi-1S.jpg

SEAD / DEAD config su30 mki /mkm just look at picture it so evident in ew config ther is more focus on wvr combat than bvr also any aircraft in a operation duty fly with out aam on pylon considered as training missions

but in the twitter video the center line pod not SAP14 it more look like some other jamer pod

for more info about su30 mki/mkm ew config red this

( https://malaysiamilitarypower.blogspot.com/2013/10/enter-malaysian-growlerski.html )

Dessert Storm

Country flag
i explained in 2019 it self how su30 mki can converted in to ew version type or strike group protection ew aircraft anyways some reference photos

View attachment 59073

SAP-518 EWSP pods ( wing tip pods )

View attachment 59074

SEAD / DEAD config su30 mki /mkm just look at picture it so evident in ew config ther is more focus on wvr combat than bvr also any aircraft in a operation duty fly with out aam on pylon considered as training missions

but in the twitter video the center line pod not SAP14 it more look like some other jamer pod
How would that be Vs the Growler

rone

Country flag
How would that be Vs the Growler
growler is a different beast , growlerski have similar capability not equal, growlerski meant to a strike support or SEAD aircraft but f18 growler can even do sigint to communication interception, currently there is no counter part to cover all aspect f18 growler in estern block

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Will super sukhoi be more capable than The rafales? Discuss about the possible upgrades and proposed features both rafales and sukhoi are 4th generation aircraft

Dessert Storm

Country flag
growler is a different beast , growlerski have similar capability not equal, growlerski meant to a strike support or SEAD aircraft but f18 growler can even do sigint to communication interception,
That's a big letdown for me (not from u, the OEMS). Domestically too we r developing only EW suit not a full EW aircraft. I am amazed to note that even with its obvious Force Multiplier benefits we ain't seem to be working on it.
Thanks for your inputs 🙏

rone

Country flag
Will super sukhoi be more capable than The rafales? Discuss about the possible upgrades and proposed features both rafales and sukhoi are 4th generation aircraft
off course not rafale is 4.5 + gen the super mki will be 4.5 gen if you want full list of su smki upgrade am happy to share

the upgrades will be
1: current mdf display replaced with duel or single panoramic amlcds ( possibility of touch screen )
2: current ew systems components such as eraly version rwr replaced by DCMAWS and digital RWR ( dhurthi rwr )
3: PESA radr replaced by AESA x band rar ( either Russian or Israeli not Indian as of 2025 time frame )
4: irst upgrade 101KS-V IRST( mostly licence production or Indian one currently in development )
5: and finally engine AL-41F-1S ( as hvt posted in twitter its hard to change teh engine but AESA and panoramic display are power drainers so new improved engine a need of hour )

Dessert Storm

Country flag
off course not rafale is 4.5 + gen the super mki will be 4.5 gen if you want full list of su smki upgrade am happy to share

the upgrades will be
1: current mdf display replaced with duel or single panoramic amlcds ( possibility of touch screen )
2: current ew systems components such as eraly version rwr replaced by DCMAWS and digital RWR ( dhurthi rwr )
3: PESA radr replaced by AESA x band rar ( either Russian or Israeli not Indian as of 2025 time frame )
4: irst upgrade 101KS-V IRST( mostly licence production or Indian one currently in development )
5: and finally engine AL-41F-1S ( as hvt posted in twitter its hard to change teh engine but AESA and panoramic display are power drainers so new improved engine a need of hour )
AESA is more efficient than PESA radars ain't that true.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Whatever, stay in your fairytale. You are entitled to it.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

the upgrades will be
But su30 mki has bigger nose cone than rafales it can incorporate more powerful AESA Radars

JBH22

But su30 mki has bigger nose cone than rafales it can incorporate more powerful AESA Radars
Based on interaction with western teams the IAF is like star struck who sees his neighbour in BMW and want one irrespective of his own pocket limitations.
Some criticism valid but nothing that cannot be tweaked with adequate pressure from us.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Based on interaction with western teams the IAF is like star struck who sees his neighbour in BMW and want one irrespective of his own pocket limitations.
Some criticism valid but nothing that cannot be tweaked with adequate pressure from us.
But none of our neighbor can afford a BMW except China who can afford but doesn’t have access to

Global Defence

New threads

Articles