GPS Splitter.
Aviation Clock.
Upgraded VORTLS.
Flight Data Transfer Unit.
Indigenous DMG.
IFF CIT.

HALs Indigenous Super Sukhoi proposal .
That's some deep fucking upgrades! :truestory:
Although HVT has confirmed that any sort of engine, material or design change is not on the table. Just tech.

ashdoc

Country flag
View attachment 46681

HUMS
VACS
Modified INGPS
EO/IO
AESA Radar
Upgraded Radio Altimeter.

Advanced Weapons Control system.
Enhanced EW suite.
New LDP.
Higher Size MFDs.
Advanced TACAN.
Indigenous SSDVRS.
Indigenous Mission Computer.
Digital HUD.
Blanking Unit.
Enhanced FDR.
Software Defined Radio.
HMRS.
GPS Splitter.
Aviation Clock.
Upgraded VORTLS.
Indigenous DMG.
IFF CIT.

I want longer range AAMs first . Where are they ?

Neptune

Country flag

India already has long range missiles, R-27, Astra, R-77, and Meteor (only for Rafale). An aircraft with a medium range missiles can take down an adversary armed with long range missiles. All depends on flight parameters of both aircraft when a missile is launched.

The longest range missiles in the world won’t mean squat if a single MKI is facing 8 aircraft again while flying low altitude defensive maneuvers. Money and resources would be better spent if India improved its state of readiness, data-link and coordinations between aircraft and air defense units.

piKacHHu

Country flag
Given the large RCS Su-MKI has got, It needs a long range BVR missile with range comparable to at least AMRAAM C/D variants or better. We know its capability in WVR engagements thanks to TVC and aerodynamics, but why let the situation go to the uncharted territory of WVR combat where pilots skills add more weight in getting the kill. Stand-Off engagement doctrine is better suited for a heavy fighter which has sufficient space for sensors and weapon suite.

WARREN SS

Country flag
View attachment 46681

HUMS
VACS
Modified INGPS
EO/IO
AESA Radar
Upgraded Radio Altimeter.

Advanced Weapons Control system.
Enhanced EW suite.
New LDP.
Higher Size MFDs.
Advanced TACAN.
Indigenous SSDVRS.
Indigenous Mission Computer.
Digital HUD.
Blanking Unit.
Enhanced FDR.
Software Defined Radio.
HMRS.
GPS Splitter.
Aviation Clock.
Upgraded VORTLS.
Indigenous DMG.
IFF CIT.

Except AESA HAL almost has 90 % of Tech in House

UTTAM is GAas Based AESA Similar To RBE2
With Quad Pack T/R Modules And MKI's Engine Power Provide Peak power 20kw(N011M bars)

UTTAM 1500 Version Will best Suited For MKI's Its Will 300 Km for 2m2

Karthi

Country flag

Except AESA HAL almost has 90 % of Tech in House

UTTAM is GAas Based AESA Similar To RBE2
With Quad Pack T/R Modules And MKI's Engine Power Provide Peak power 20kw(N011M bars)

UTTAM 1500 Version Will best Suited For MKI's Its Will 300 Km for 2m2

The most amazing thing may be Indigenous SDR, so that MKI or any other Aircraft can instruct/ Command other platforms including Ship's, UAVs etc to fire suitable Missiles to take on anything at Air , Ground and Sea . That exactly what I want in Super Sukhoi

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Astra 120 Km , Novatar / DRDO K170 300-400 Km , probably Brahmos AAM , SFDR Astra 2 , if we use UTTAM in Super Sukhoi may be just may be Meteor
WE don't have ks-172 and I think reason for that is unknown.

ashdoc

Country flag
Astra 120 Km , Novatar / DRDO K170 300-400 Km , probably Brahmos AAM , SFDR Astra 2 , if we use UTTAM in Super Sukhoi may be just may be Meteor
Maybe we should fund development of longer range versions of R 77 AAMs . They will be easily compatible with sukhois as both products will be Russian.

Karthi

Country flag
Maybe we should fund development of longer range versions of R 77 AAMs . They will be easily compatible with sukhois as both products will be Russian.

We are developed own Mission Computer for MKI so in future we don't need Russian help to integrate anything, we can add anything as wish

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
As far as I know it's already inducted , India funded it development , and got the Missile .
Nah, according to me deal fell through, otherwise we could have seen it by now.
Such a big power booster cannot remain in secret.
Although I can be proved wrong if I see a source or picture of it in service.

piKacHHu

Country flag
As far as I know it's already inducted , India funded it development , and got the Missile .
It's been speculated that India acquired Novator but never got confirmed. No picture is available with Su-MKI sporting KS-172. Showcasing anti-AWACS capabilities does have strategic impact, given that our adversary is fielding a number of medium range AWACs that could be targeted with this missile.
Maybe technological challenges in development of Active seeker and data links required for long range engagements >200 kms has halted its development as the Russia itself is lagging in these fields as compared to its western counterparts.
Regarding BVR missile for MKI , immediate solution is integration of Derby-ER provided Russia accept the Indian request for providing source code for its mating with Bars. However, there may be downside related to reliability of this "Jugad" if Russians are not whole heartedly involved.
Our hopes hinges on early development of Astra Mk2 or SFDR missile with improvements in MKI radar so that it can detect early and get the first shot in BVR combat.

Karthi

Country flag
It's been speculated that India acquired Novator but never got confirmed. No picture is available with Su-MKI sporting KS-172. Showcasing anti-AWACS capabilities does have strategic impact, given that our adversary is fielding a number of medium range AWACs that could be targeted with this missile.
Maybe technological challenges in development of Active seeker and data links required for long range engagements >200 kms has halted its development as the Russia itself is lagging in these fields as compared to its western counterparts.
Regarding BVR missile for MKI , immediate solution is integration of Derby-ER provided Russia accept the Indian request for providing source code for its mating with Bars. However, there may be downside related to reliability of this "Jugad" if Russians are not whole heartedly involved.
Our hopes hinges on early development of Astra Mk2 or SFDR missile with improvements in MKI radar so that it can detect early and get the first shot in BVR combat.

I have asked to some people , waiting for reply , may be still under development . Sorry if i posted wrong , many news and websites mentioned that MKI using it but no official word

Karthi

Country flag
I have got reply from an authentic person , he said K172 was not very successful, not sure about the project is completely Dropped Technology & learning is being utilised by RCI & DRDL for making other platforms.

I was wrong Sorry for the misinformation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles