Sukhoi PAK FA

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
PAK-FA is a shoddy attempt by the Russian to produce a stealth fighter - it doesn't have the avionics, radar, networking or sensors that would make a stealth fighter effective.
J-20 is a shoddy attempt by the Chinese to produce a stealth fighter - it doesn't have the avionics, radar, networking or sensors that would make a stealth fighter effective.

binayak95

Country flag
T-50-4 PAKFA Su-57 Frazor get repainted....

Sukhoi T-50-10 Su-57 Frazor ......

I have to say, the Russians know how to build a good bird. Their designs are the most aesthetically stunning. From Yak-9s to MiG 29s and Su-30s to this beautiful bird. Flawed, with a very questionable future ahead, but DAMN! What a beauty!

Vinod DX9

Country flag
India dreams to get a F-22 but in the price of Mig-21

To me, it's a bad decision if we don't get this bird. Fantastic EW capability, future prospect of new kind of radar...and yes good engine...it will help us in Super Sukhoi program too. I say, don't go for PMF . Instead of PMF, make a deal of customized Frazor and Super Sukhoi together. It will be comparatively cheaper.

Thus we will have just two base platforms...
Sukhoi platform for Super Sukhoi and Frazor
Dassault platform for Tejas series, Rafale and AMCA

scatterStorm

Country flag
I believe that FGFA was scrapped due to western influence in defence industry, thus the western military complex was successful.
What now I think, our country might be purchasing as SU57 off the shelf later. But such decisions only end up to be half baked.

At this point we must accept the fate of FGFA deal. Damn it's a good bird, it's a pity. And I am begging this question to ask to myself, what's next?

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I believe that FGFA was scrapped due to western influence in defence industry, thus the western military complex was successful.
What now I think, our country might be purchasing as SU57 off the shelf later. But such decisions only end up to be half baked.

At this point we must accept the fate of FGFA deal. Damn it's a good bird, it's a pity. And I am begging this question to ask to myself, what's next?
Do you have any proper reason as to why India will reject Su57 under western influence? Is Modi an agent of west?

All the projects depend upon technology transfers. No ToT means no deal. The 50% share for Indian modifications is unacceptable as a plane can't run on just 50% parts. The key technology like sensors, avionics etc are mostly software based and sharing source codes is highly unlikely for such a premium fighter. Any plane without ToT is just junk. There won't be any iff the shelf purchase either. No war is won by off the shelf equipment. Wars are not fought with borrowed equipment

You can believe that you are Superman. That won't change the reality. You can even tell yourself that you are batman next.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Do you have any proper reason as to why India will reject Su57 under western influence? Is Modi an agent of west?

All the projects depend upon technology transfers. No ToT means no deal. The 50% share for Indian modifications is unacceptable as a plane can't run on just 50% parts. The key technology like sensors, avionics etc are mostly software based and sharing source codes is highly unlikely for such a premium fighter. Any plane without ToT is just junk. There won't be any iff the shelf purchase either. No war is won by off the shelf equipment. Wars are not fought with borrowed equipment
You can believe that you are Superman. That won't change the reality. You can even tell yourself that you are batman next.[/QUOTE]

Are you naive:dude:, I have a hunch, I am not saying it's cast and stone, so your point then? None I presume. ToT is the end game, yes everybody knows that, but not thinking about other influences is simply putting a blindfold and accepting a fate of a jet, which we presumed to be a part of IAF, its simply unacceptable. The way I see it, I like to question things, even though those questions are way to extreme and outrageous to explain.

Let me jog your memory a bit, the documents that were all over the place for our Scorpin subs wasn't a sabotage to you. To me it was. No matter how are navy may deny it, but it was act of sabotage, we may even have been sold a lie, yes our MoD may have sold a lie to there own people who pay taxes.

You can believe that you are Superman. That won't change the reality. You can even tell yourself that you are batman next.
Be careful with what you type, because last time I checked "belief" is a very strong word, it may be unreal but history has shown, it even pushes armies to win a war. Oh and about your last attempt to be sarcastic... I am no super man or batman, but I do "believe" that you don't need to be a super hero or some shit... because not all super hero wear a cape and tight spandex, sometimes they are just real men who like to think the un-obvious. :yo:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Are you naive:dude:, I have a hunch, I am not saying it's cast and stone, so your point then? None I presume. ToT is the end game, yes everybody knows that, but not thinking about other influences is simply putting a blindfold and accepting a fate of a jet, which we presumed to be a part of IAF, its simply unacceptable. The way I see it, I like to question things, even though those questions are way to extreme and outrageous to explain.

Let me jog your memory a bit, the documents that were all over the place for our Scorpin subs wasn't a sabotage to you. To me it was. No matter how are navy may deny it, but it was act of sabotage, we may even have been sold a lie, yes our MoD may have sold a lie to there own people who pay taxes.

Be careful with what you type, because last time I checked "belief" is a very strong word, it may be unreal but history has shown, it even pushes armies to win a war. Oh and about your last attempt to be sarcastic... I am no super man or batman, but I do "believe" that you don't need to be a super hero or some shit... because not all super hero wear a cape and tight spandex, sometimes they are just real men who like to think the un-obvious. :yo:
First, the hunch is reasonable only if RSS is agent of USA. Why will RSS refuse to get advanced technology to India if Russia was offering it? Russia itself accepted that all technology can't be shared in interview. So, it can be outright declared that Su57 would not he capable of being made in India. In case of war, India can't mass manufacture it for use as some parts will still have to be imported.

Scorpene leak was indeed a serious issue. But the problem here is that France already knows the details of the submarine. If France wished, they can simply hand over the documents to CIA or ISI for favours. The idea of secrecy in imported items is a joke. India wants scorpene for the technology and expertise. India can now build its own submarine without French assistance by indigenously manufacturing the parts. So, regardless of the leak, the main intention of technology acquisition is not hindered. The submarine may even be junked but the technology and expertise will stay with India and will help in making hundreds of submarines as and when needed in future.

Here are the answers to your questions. There is no need to think of yourself as hero without cape

bhramos

Country flag
Beautiful pic of the Su 57

2nd flying Su-57 prototype T-50-2 (052 Blue) with an Izdeliye 30 turbofan engine on the left. Probably at LII im. M.M.Gromova in Zhukovsky.
It was indeed taken at Gromov Flight Research Institute earlier today.
Note the stylised "LL" (in Cyrillic) graphic on the vertical stabiliser, acronym that stands for Letayushaya Laboratoriya - flying lab.

bhramos

Country flag
T-50-2LL landing at Gromov Flight Research Institute !!!

photographer credits to Sasha Buzulutsky

Kchontha

Country flag
Last update in April almost a month ago is thread dead or it has been moved ?
No this thread is alive and kicking but hibernating because everybody is damn busy talking about Western and American beauties like rafale and f35 etc instead of this ruskies beauty but they don't imagine and realise that this dark horse beauty will be defending indian sky and creating havoc at enemy camps.

kamaal

Country flag
No this thread is alive and kicking but hibernating because everybody is damn busy talking about Western and American beauties like rafale and f35 etc instead of this ruskies beauty but they don't imagine and realise that this dark horse beauty will be defending indian sky and creating havoc at enemy camps.
I think PAKFA has shown everything it has got, now Russia should show some confidence in the platform and buy these machines so that IAF could respond to that. FGFA now looks dead, as HAL is not workshare it wanted and Russia is also not ready to share some of the critical technology.

For me FGFA is dead, Su-57 will have to bring something out-of-box to lure IAF. And G2G is the only way left.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Su-57 "Frazor" revealed to have fired a cruise missile during operational training in Syria.

During a meeting at the Russia Ministry of Defense, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu disclosed that the Su-57 test fired a cruise missile during a deployment in Syria in February.

A video of the aircraft shows it firing an inert missile which is believed to be a Kh-59MK2 which is a modified variant designed to fit in the internal weapons bay of the Su-57 and was unveiled at the MAKS 2015 airshow.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TejasMrca/photos/?ref=page_internal

bhramos

Country flag
#Sukhoi Su-57 Frazor successfully fires Cruise Missiles in Combat in #Syria !!!

#Russia has experienced in Syria, advanced cruise missiles from the fifth generation of the Su-57 fighter, said Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.

"To assess the combat capabilities of the declared capabilities of the military equipment being developed, in February this year, practical launches of advanced cruise missiles of operational-tactical designation from the fifth-generation aircraft of the Su-57 were carried out," Shoigu said at a meeting of the board of the department.

Kchontha

Country flag
FGFA now looks dead, as HAL is not workshare it wanted and Russia is also not ready to share some of the critical technology.

For me FGFA is dead, Su-57 will have to bring something out-of-box to lure IAF. And G2G is the only way left.
I never commented on the dead or alive of FGFA but on the nature of this thread. FGFA baseline aircraft su 57 is developing into a potent platform. Due to lack of publicity stunt as compare to its Western counterparts it seems less attractive, but if fully matures it would only be f22 comparable aircraft available.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Pak-Fa: It’s not over yet !! India to Russia
NSA Ajit Doval and foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale recently visited Moscow to meet Russian NSA and foreign minister besides other senior-level officials to discuss a way out amid impending US sanctions on Russian defense firms that might impact supplies to India.

India and Russia are close to sealing a deal for the purchase of S-400 Air Defence System, along with Purchase of four frigates and lease of a Nuclear Attack Submarine which could draw US Sanctions on India if the deal goes through. India and Russia also touched upon stalled Pak-fa 5th generation program at great length.

Previously India had conveyed to the Russian Government that it will not like to pursue co-development of the 5th Generation FGFA Stealth fighter aircraft based on SU-57 due to technical deficiencies and on the adverse recommendation of the Indian Air Force
Russia is keen on to pursue the program and is gearing up to start production of 12 limited production aircraft order placed by the Russian Airforce, Indian team reportedly have told Russia that it will reconsider the purchase of SU-57 if Russia is able to fix all the technical drawbacks associated with the program in near future.

IAF Chief and Government of India have confirmed that they are not interested in the purchase of Stealth fighters like F-35 from the United States of America but instead will focus on the development of the indigenously developed 5th Generation fighter aircraft called AMCA locally.

India and Russia likely will go for Government to Government Deal for the purchase of limited numbers of Sukhoi Su-57 in future when the production stabilizes and drawbacks associated with the program are addressed by the Russian engineers.

But Russian Air Force, in particular, is a reluctant customer of Sukhoi Su-57 Stealth warplane and is keen on acquiring more numbers of Su-30SM, Su-35, and Mig-35 to replace aging fleet. Russia will only be successful in fixing Sukhoi Su-57 if Russians can get more orders from Russian Air Force or from another export customer so that they have enough funds to rejuvenate the program again to iron out technical drawbacks.
http://idrw.org/pak-fa-its-not-over-yet-india-to-russia/

WolfPack86

Country flag
India and Russia likely will go for Government to Government Deal for the purchase of limited numbers of Sukhoi Su-57 in future when the production stabilizes and drawbacks associated with the program are addressed by the Russian engineers.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I think India would procure limited number of SU-57 fighter aircraft in near future.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles