Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2prada

US has never gone into battle without 10:1 numerical superiority. So their kill ratios are meaningless. Fact is they lost badly in vietnam. Needed 48 nations to invade iraq.
Not entirely correct.

The US went to war against Iraq in 1991 with 2250 combat aircraft. 137 Iraqi combat aircraft escaped to Iran. The best ones at that along with the best pilots.

Iraqi losses were over 200, but this included transports, helicopters etc. Not more than 50 fighters actually tried fighting the coalition's 2000+ aircraft even after most of their command and control was lost. So, the numerical ratio was actually 50:1 in favour of the US.

The US+allies shot down 36 Iraqi fighters, the coalitions fighter loss was over 40, due to ground fire and accidents. Pretty neat eh!

This was from the Gulf War.

And there he was complaining about a 3:1 advantage for the IAF during Cope India 2004. Funny that!

average american

Well if you all think its fair to put up new planes against planes 30 years older out numbered three to one an manned by your best pilots and think thats a fair fight its ok by me,,, I am glad we gave you an even chance.

Bheeshma

LoL what chance. We gave your pathetic F-16 and F-18's a chance and they lost to Rafale. not that they stood any chance against the MKI either.

average american

Did it ever occur to anyone that the last time the French won a war was during the French revolution and that's because they were fighting the French

Bheeshma

Did it occur to you that they have stood by us, since the 1974 PNE, 1998 shakti tests, kargil and lot of other times when the rest of the world except USSR or Russia was against us.

Like I said when has US ever gone into a war without 10:1 numerical superiority? Even with that the vietnam kill rati was only 2:1 or 3:1 in US's favor. What does it indicate? Quantity over quality?

average american

I keep telling you any time its a fair fight some one made a bad plan. In ten years the SU30 will be the new flying coffins, the Indian goverment is complaining to Russia now about the defective engines. But like usual they blame India and India blames Russia.

Bheeshma

In 20 years they will still be good enough fighters to go along with Rafale and Pak-FA(FGFA). Unlike the already useless F-16/F-18 that US is flogging in the markets. What will MKI not stand upto? The garbage JF-17? The lawndarts of PAF? The Mythical J-20 flying blunder?

Last edited:

EzioAltaïr

I keep telling you any time its a fair fight some one made a bad plan. In ten years the SU30 will be the new flying coffins, the Indian goverment is complaining to Russia now about the defective engines. But like usual they blame India and India blames Russia.
Hardly. The Su-30MKI has a better record than even the F-22 Raptor in flight safety. Are the Raptors gonna be the new flying coffins in 2020? The MKI is here to stay at least till 2025, and probably longer than that.

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
The
AL-31FP, presently rated at 126kN with
afterburning, will offer 20% more power
when uprated by NPO Saturn—its
manufacturer--and will have a total
technical service life of 6,000 hours, instead
of the present 2,000 hours

trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2011/05/super-su-30mki-from-air-dominance-to.html?m=1

average american

When was the last time the US backed off from a war with India? Oh wait 1974. :)

Would you mind posting a source for that, I dont ever remember the USA being close to war with India. You would have thought if the USA was about to go to war with India I would have heard about it.

trackwhack

Would you mind posting a source for that, I dont ever remember the USA being close to war with India. You would have thought if the USA was about to go to war with India I would have heard about it.
You are an average american so, no, I wouldn't have expected you to have heard about it. And I am not spoon feeding you either. Google.: )

Bheeshma

Read up on 1971 war and how nixon and his lapdog kissinger sent the USS enterprise to bay of bengal. The fig leaf was that they wanted to evacuate the americans stranded in dacca. Of course once the soviets subs were detected in bay of bengal the USS enterprise and CBG decided to visit colombo for R&R instead of saving the stranded people.:rofl:

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/dec/26claude.htm

When Pakistan's defeat in the eastern sector seemed certain, Nixon ordered the USS Enterprise into the Bay of Bengal, a move which was a nuclear threat. The Enterprise arrived on station on 11 December 1971. On 6 December and 13 December, the Soviet Navy dispatched two groups of ships, armed with nuclear missiles, from Vladivostok; they trailed U.S. Task Force 74 into the Indian Ocean from 18 December 1971 until 7 January 1972. The Soviets also had a nuclear submarine to ward off the threat posed by USS Enterprise in the Indian Ocean"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971

Last edited:

average american

So now its 1971, not 1974, really I dont remember and thing about a war as far as the USA was concerned in 1974. Heres 1971 in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, it does not seem to mention a possible war with India or Russia...are your sure about all that. http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...oA?p=usa 1971 history&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-701
Usually if we are about to get in a war some one brings it up, usually in the news paper or on TV. I usually kept up with that kind of stuff.

Country flag
Developing the 'Smart Skin' concept for Su-30MKI

The pre-planned product improvement roadmap for the Su-30MKI continues to make steady progress, with two Indian Air Force (IAF) Su-30MKIs, delivered in mid-2002, being dispatched to United Aircraft Corp (UAC) of Russia's Irkutsk-based facility (IRKUT Corp) where both airframes will be strengthened and refurbished, and their navigation-and-attack system will be upgraded in order to arm the aircraft with the BrahMos supersonic air-launched cruise missile for both maritime strike and ground attack. Thus, while all structural and electrical work will be undertaken at Irkutsk, the Tikhomirov-NIIP will upgrade the Su-30MKI's existing NO-11M 'Bars' passive phased-array radar's performance and operating modes by incorporating a radar target extraction LRU. Once all this has been done, the two upgraded Su-30MKIs will be flown back to India to begin the weapons qualification test-firings, which will be jointly conducted by BrahMos Aerospace and the IAF.

And come 2014, UAC, together with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will begin upgrading the first 100 IAF Su-30MKIs by modifying their airframes to make them stealthy, converting the existing 'Bars' into an active phased-array radar, enhancing the situational awareness by incorporating active electronically scanned transmit/receive arrays on the aircraft's wings, and beefing up the defensive-aids suite by installing a combined radar/laser warning system and a missile approach warning system. Tikhomirov-NIIP had by last November begun laboratory-level tests of a 'Bars', which was fitted with an AESA array made up of X-band transmit/receive modules built by Istok JSC. Since then, another two 'Bars' radars have been modified as part of the R&D phase, which will last until 2012, and will be followed by flight qualification a year later. Incidentally, Tikhomirov-NIIP has also developed the Irbis-E passive phased-array radar for the Su-35BM and will soon begin work on modifying the Irbis-E into an active phased-array radar, which will go on board the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) that will be co-developed by UAC and HAL. In addition, both UAC and Tikhomirov-NIIP have come together to develop the 'smart skin' concept under which an AESA array's transmit/receive modules can be placed anywhere on board the Su-30MKI to generate the relevant radiation field required for achieving more than 180-degree field-of-view.

http://www.forceindia.net/specialfeaturereport4.aspx

just4nikhilesh

at 71 war started by pakistan as always they do they start but like always their back on fire ans they call america and then american send their 7 th fleet and Russian support us by sending nuclear sub but we are proud to have brave soldier who did all damage before american come but our AC fleet also prepare for welcome .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles