Sri Lanka Watch, News and Discussions

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
no fuel no gas we have electricity thanks to hydropower and few diesel plant.... food will become scarce in the coming months
I don't think It will be a big issue but once the coal stocks are over you will have more cuts, even hydel will be effected more or less.

1652110536438.png

Consider joining India mate we will treat you well.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't think It will be a big issue but once the coal stocks are over you will have more cuts, even hydel will be effected more or less.

View attachment 154932

Lolz nope they wont join for that sinhakese buddhistnationalists theravada,ltte commies,periyarists and muslims who are hinduhaters must be eliminated first

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
no fuel no gas we have electricity thanks to hydropower and few diesel plant.... food will become scarce in the coming months
Save yourself mate , don't go out and becaome a hero etc .
When army shoots , they shoot without concern.
The bullet won't ask you before hitting you, keep ciggies with you
If stopped at a checkpoint etc , offer it to the people manning it .
It reduces their and yours anxiety

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Sri Lanka economic crisis Mahinda Rajapaksa resigns news live updates: Mobs attack ruling party MPs, set houses on fire

1652110503797.png

Things are intensifying in Sri Lanka as Lankan mobs are teaching the politicians a lesson by lynching their MPs. Full support for their action to make the politicians feel the pain, but it is not going to get them anywhere in terms of resolving the issue.

They badly need someone in the finance ministry. That Ali Sabri guy who was selected as the Finance Minister has no clue and Nirmala Sitharaman is stepping in to handle the IMF negotiations with folks from our Ministry of Finance. Though Mahinda Rajapakse has resigned, if order is not restored, Sri Lanka could descend into a civil war.

There were some insane rumours about their president requesting for our military to step in and restore order a few days back (WION made a passing remark about it as it was not verifiable).

HeinzGud

Country flag

View attachment 154932

Coal stocks are already over. The Grid is powered by hydro and diesel plants.

As for joining India.

We never had a freedom struggle just like yours mate. This is the our struggle. It has come after 75 years.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
The democratic protests are over.. Now it's mob justice
Problem is, the outcome will be military junta ruling over the island and that never is a good idea, especially when the military leadership has had a close relationship with the govt that has been responsible for ruining the country in the first place.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Problem is, the outcome will be military junta ruling over the island and that never is a good idea, especially when the military leadership has had a close relationship with the govt that has been responsible for ruining the country in the first place.
Yeah. I fear this might happen. The Mob rule must end tonight.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Yes. In a mob rule, when the victims at the beginning are from the class who are responsible for the mob to rise against, soon it turns on the more weaker section and often when the dust settles the innocent victims numbers more than the culprits. Once the criminal element finds cover, the looting and settling of scores will begin.

I hope your monks starts appealing to the mob and help reign them in. If Sri Lanka shows signs of lawlessness the terms of IMF will become more stringent or may not even materialise.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Dont hate me for asking ths , but are tamils and sinhala divided over these issues ?or opposition to government Is United?
Watch out for ltte fellas, I know you crushed them but still the country is in trouble

Swesh

Dont hate me for asking ths , but are tamils and sinhala divided over these issues ?or opposition to government Is United?
Watch out for ltte fellas, I know you crushed them but still the country is in trouble
Exactly i was thinking about this theoretically it's perfect time for any rebel actor to hop onto burning train. Wachout guyz @HeinzGud

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

View attachment 154932

Sri Lanka doesn't need to join us. Srilankans already have their own identity which will not allow them becoming an Indian. Even if their economical travails can get resolved by joining our Republic, they will always feel cheated and forced into the union.

Heck, unlike Nepal which have close relationship with us due to huge number of Nepalese working in India, Srilanka always had minimum people to people contact with India outside of tourists.

Sonner or later, this will turn into strife and we will have another burning issue to handle.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Tamils haven't overtly supported the cause and I don't blame them cuz we never cared for their plight. They have every right to abstain from participating.

But I think they also want the change. They opposed Rajapakshas' at every turn. It was only through our ballot that Rajapaksas' came to power.

As the saying goes that there is a silver lining behind every dark cloud. This situation would eliminated the racist elements from our polity. LTTE is of no threat now. (AFAIK)

HeinzGud

Country flag
Yes. In a mob rule, when the victims at the beginning are from the class who are responsible for the mob to rise against, soon it turns on the more weaker section and often when the dust settles the innocent victims numbers more than the culprits. Once the criminal element finds cover, the looting and settling of scores will begin.

I hope your monks starts appealing to the mob and help reign them in. If Sri Lanka shows signs of lawlessness the terms of IMF will become more stringent or may not even materialise.
Monks are the ones who actually instigate the violence. Right now, no one is capable enough to stop the violence. It has to peter out itself.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Sri Lanka doesn't need to join us. Srilankans already have their own identity which will not allow them becoming an Indian. Even if their economical travails can get resolved by joining our Republic, they will always feel cheated and forced into the union.

Heck, unlike Nepal which have close relationship with us due to huge number of Nepalese working in India, Srilanka always had minimum people to people contact with India outside of tourists.

Sonner or later, this will turn into strife and we will have another burning issue to handle.
But we make a security deal. In this way we can be safe.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles