Sri Lanka Watch, News and Discussions

notaname

Country flag
Well hello. It is nice to be remembered.

Things are going fine as of now. Only concerning issue it the 12 hr power cut and diesel shortage. I hope the power situation will improve with the upcoming monsoon season. Diesel is a concern.
How is the situation now, are you fine?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Need written guarantee they stop harassing poor fishermen.
I agree. This shooting needs to stop. However, more sustainable fishing methods. We need to make them aware of more practical methods of fishing. Most of the coastal fishermen population can be re-educated in this if the Department of Fisheries takes good steps.

This would ensure sufficient catch for our folks and it won't antagonize the Lankans. This way, a clear boundary can be established.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Sri Lanka's GDP per capita is $4095 and Sri Lanka is more than double India's
Life expectancy in Sri Lanka is 77.9 years, 10% higher than the world average, while in India it is 68 years.

Sri Lanka's infant mortality rate is 0.85%, while India's is 4.4%. Sri Lanka's maternal mortality rate is 0.039 per cent, while India's remains high at 1.37 per cent.

Sri Lanka has a high literacy rate of 92.5% and a youth literacy rate of 98%.

87.3 percent of Sri Lanka's population has access to clean drinking water
I understand you are in shock. But perhaps you should get a grip of the reality.

It is Srilanka that has defaulted on its loans, not India.

Wake up!

Butter Chicken

Country flag
India initiates talks on a decade-old proposition to connect to Srilanka's national electricity grid & supply power thru a mile-long underwater transmission line. Such an arrangement already exists with Bangladesh. Great way to nurture friendly relations with neighbours.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Don't mind some of our folks here. They are just making a light conversation around. We are not interested in taking over Sri Lanka. It's more management issue for us honestly. All we want is that you should be stabilized and happy while being friendly enough not to host Chinese military. That's about it.
So please don't get offended.
There were no talk of calling Chinese to Sri Lanka. But with the sale of H'tota port we cannot guarantee for sure. I do not think China would take such a gamble. Anyhow, the relationship with China is almost gone. I don't think Sri Lanka has a future without India and Indian assistance.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
There were no talk of calling Chinese to Sri Lanka. But with the sale of H'tota port we cannot guarantee for sure. I do not think China would take such a gamble. Anyhow, the relationship with China is almost gone. I don't think Sri Lanka has a future without India and Indian assistance.
Then let's progress together into the future as independent countries and partners. Don't lose hope, buddy. Sri Lanka will climb up again. This of this as a chance to get rid of your corrupt politicians. If you understand what I mean.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Sri Lanka's GDP per capita is $4095 and Sri Lanka is more than double India's
Life expectancy in Sri Lanka is 77.9 years, 10% higher than the world average, while in India it is 68 years.

Sri Lanka's infant mortality rate is 0.85%, while India's is 4.4%. Sri Lanka's maternal mortality rate is 0.039 per cent, while India's remains high at 1.37 per cent.

Sri Lanka has a high literacy rate of 92.5% and a youth literacy rate of 98%.

87.3 percent of Sri Lanka's population has access to clean drinking water
Aye chinese cunt, let me educate you.
Sri Lanka has double India'a per capita? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Here, they are about to get officially classified as a low income economy by the IMF.

Their currency has depreciated so much that their nominal per capita has gone to the dogs.

I understand that CCPfags are having meltdowns over Sri Lanka but at least pretend to be factual ......

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
SL is officially bankrupt from a forex pov. Central Bank keeping FM in the dark?
1651725677343.png

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Sri Lanka makes first Default in it's history's.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles