Sri Lanka Watch, News and Discussions

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
These young lads got no idea that what terrible misfortune is waiting for them!! typical gen Z. While country is at verge of bankruptcy and almost became a failed state!! they are busy posting their selfies in Insta stories!!
1657470634424.png

kamaal

Country flag
The protest is well coordinated and looks like common middle class citizens have come out express themselves. This is no civil war or armed conflict, so there is no question of sending military help by India. The only question how will they bring political solution if they keep on burning the residents of national leaders.
Our intelligence agencies needs to study this movement though, as this pattern can be replicated here by outside forces.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The protest is well coordinated and looks like common middle class citizens have come out express themselves. This is no civil war or armed conflict, so there is no question of sending military help by India. The only question how will they bring political solution if they keep on burning the residents of national leaders.
Our intelligence agencies needs to study this movement though, as this pattern can be replicated here by outside forces.
Already done in Farmers protests and SC/ST act protest

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
These young lads got no idea that what terrible misfortune is waiting for them!! typical gen Z. While country is at verge of bankruptcy and almost became a failed state!! they are busy posting their selfies in Insta stories!!
View attachment 163523
I see , what I needed to see
Thanks sir

armortec

Not directly related to current events

How ex-SAS mercenaries under the guise of a "private security firm" Keenie Meanie Services trained the Special Task Force (STF) and participated themselves in the civil war and Tamil genocide in Sri Lanka. Later provided anti-protester training. Underneath the irreverent humour and smiles the Anglo thirst for war is quite something.

Accepting civilian refugees is good PR cover for participating in and profiting from the war that made them refugees.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Not directly related to current events

How ex-SAS mercenaries under the guise of a "private security firm" Keenie Meanie Services trained the Special Task Force (STF) and participated themselves in the civil war and Tamil genocide in Sri Lanka. Later provided anti-protester training. Underneath the irreverent humour and smiles the Anglo thirst for war is quite something.

Accepting civilian refugees is good PR cover for participating in and profiting from the war that made them refugees.
So India training Tamil separatists is ok.... But Sri Lankan getting trained from SAS is bad?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Training for what? butchering Tamil Hindus?
Not to sound rude or apathetic but not everything is about religion or race.
STF was trying to accomplishment strategic goal of its state (i.e. neutralizing LTTE).
Whether they used illegal methods is a different issue and is up for investigation.

Last edited:

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Saw disturbing pictures coming out of Sri Lanka on Sky News.

People are destroying gov buildings and taking selfies there. Complete collapse of all institutions in Sri Lanka.

Financial instability is one thing. It can be fixed with tough policy measure but what is happening in Sri Lanka is political crisis and most importantly a constitutional crisis. The country currently has no government or a power center that can keep country together. There is no one there who has trust of people to make hard decisions. Sri Lanka has become a lawless land.

When financial problem first took hold of Sri Lanka, I had hope that in few short years things will go back to somewhat normal. Meanwhile people will suffer some temporary pain and in general they will learn a basic economic lesson of fiscal deficit. Unfortunately because of events that followed in Sri Lanka I think it is heading towards a much worse fate. In a power vaccum, many different power centers emerge who control their sphere of influence based on their individual ideology. This will further complicate things for any central power to maintain proper control over entire country. Also in the midst of all this chaos no true statesman will emerge to fix their economic problems but rather individuals who wants to take advantage of this situation for their personal favor.

Situation looks very bleak for Sri Lanka. This reminds me of Ukraine situation few years ago. People destroyed their own government and now that country is fighting for survival. If it wasn't for western countries pumping endless supply of cash and weapons, Ukraine wouldn't even exist today.

We have seen this movie played before. Gov does something wrong, people destroy their own gov thinking things will go better but instead things go much much worse for them. Commie revolutions of past, Color Revolutions, Arab Spring, etc. The list is long, the method is same and outcome is predictable.

Those who are taking their families to desecrated gov buildings for taking selfies should prepare themselves for even worst situation in future.

shade

Country flag

Latest news, tomorrow if there's PLA roaming around in Colombo the same media will be dumb, deaf and blind and so will the average Bheek Lankan.

The Bheek Lankans are exactly like meme related, they see "Indian Troops" even when they aren't there

1657526014017.png

armortec

So India training Tamil separatists is ok.... But Sri Lankan getting trained from SAS is bad?
I was undecided whether to post in this thread or a UK one after watching. The main point I was highlighting was the nature of the British involvement and their mentality toward warfare - yes it was their methods that were used. In their own words the mercenaries were just bored of the day to day grind and wanted "a bit more action". The intelligence official they couldn't keep a straight face when recalling the grenades-in-wine-glasses story (and so not having any wine glasses left for parties) in the documentary. It was just entertainment for them.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
View attachment 163523
Activism / revolution is all fun and fancy . But what after that .. I dont think tourism ll pick up anytime soon or oil prices ll go down significantly unless there is a recession in USA , Europe . Sri lanka ll have tough times . At least for a decade economy wont be normal . Structural changes takes a lot of time .

shade

Country flag
Activism / revolution is all fun and fancy . Bu what after that .. I dont think tourism ll pick up anytime soon or oil prices ll go down significantly unless there is a recession in USA , Europe . Sri lanka ll have tough times . At least for a decade economy wont be normal . Structural changes takes a lot of time .
US puppet state.
"revolutionaries" end up being CIA assets.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles