Sri Lanka Watch, News and Discussions

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
Late 40s - early 50s was an ideal time to reunify lost Indian territories because Hitler had put globalist cartel on the back-foot. China took advantage of this situation and expanded its territories. India had much more legitimate claim on Nepal, Sri Lanka and Myanmar. But Nehru was doing more "important" things: writing Discovery of India. Now, the dynamics have changed and the task of unification has become much more arduous. This does not mean, we should scratch our bottom and become Gangadins wholesale. There is hope. We just have to make effort. I am not suggesting we should do Ukraine on Sri Lanka or any of our neighbors but keep the door open in case, they want to return. In other words, there should be well defined covert initiatives in place to foster the importance of reunification.
I don't think any level of affinity will persuade a country to give up its autonomy.

But we could create situation conducive to such outcome. If we virtually control their economy. By controlling their key ports, economic zones, fuel & food supplies. Making Indian Rupee & SL Rupee interchangeable. Heavily invest in their intra projects. Have our warships patrol their shores & have access to their military installations.

We would be literally controlling them without them giving up their national identity.

amit19

Country flag
chatter abt Katchatheevu -

Gujjus don't give anything free

Heard from our sources in Delhi and this news also leaked in SL magazine that India is taking back Katchatheevu island for a 99 year lease like China took Hambantota.

Katchatheevu means Thorium reserve safe from Chinese theft

Its an effort to correct the blunder done by Congress govt

1649012069973.png

gajapati

Country flag

Heard from our sources in Delhi and this news also leaked in SL magazine that India is taking back Katchatheevu island for a 99 year lease like China took Hambantota.

View attachment 148988
The thorium scam still going on ? All media went silent after a time for some reason . A scam of 60 lakh crore its claimed to be .

amit19

Country flag
The thorium scam still going on ? All media went silent after a time for some reason . A scam of 60 lakh crore its claimed to be .
Thorium scam ... you can see Subramanaym Swami's Ram Setu national heritage movement is to disable India from mining thorium from Tamilnadu sands. He is still actively making all the efforts for this. So that Chini can steal it illegally.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
You guys forget that making Lanka part of india would mean Indians can go there to setup business. This would attract foreign investment and domestic investment from rest of India. A beachfront Silicon Valley will emerge.
on the other hand i want srilanka to maintain some of their social laws regarding foreign interference and peacefuls.in fact i want indias lawschange to that of srilanka at a minimum.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
We should not be handing out any loan to Sri Lanka until Sri Lanka joins the union. After that, we will assume all their debts.
no just setup permenant lookout posts or major facilities for our ships to dock without any people transfer.maybe setup a military base like what USA does.

this is the most agreeable offer from our part,taking the whole island could be a hard sell and if it isacheived it is not fine and dandy then,we will have to do a lot of repair in laws and practices due to their mismanagement.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Man there is a difference between willingness & compulsion.

We can't expect a plebiscite in Sri Lanka to join India.

If we would control their ports, their strategic oil reserves, if we have a sizable stake in their SEZ. Control majority of their supplies. They would indirectly be our vassal state. And they would be compelled to share their military & naval bases with us.

If we don't do it China would definitely do it. And they are already ahead of us in this game. We need to catch up.
THIS

srilanka potential for us is its location ,not its small economic potential.

that means to make it ours we dont need to takeover the whole country and INFACT we MUST NOT takeover the whole country.

Instead,only invest or control through agreements in strategic locations that provide the indian state and military key advantages in OUR REGION. and thereby eliminate the chinese by default by occupying these specific point in srilanka as lookouts and bases for resupply and positioning our forces.

infact this way we can control what is most important and useful for us in srilanka as the indian state without the cost of the disadvantages of taking care of the social and economic stuff of srilanka.

humans care about optics and this is a low profile approach that would not provoke bad social events in srilankan population against indians unlike in the FRANKLY UNREALISTIC AND BORDERLINE CRAZY idea of reunification.

For reunification hopes - Only a EU like situation in the future decades can be proposed if we grow economically where it makes sense to develop such a close link and optically feasible.

Last edited:

Covfefe

Country flag
Late 40s - early 50s was an ideal time to reunify lost Indian territories because Hitler had put globalist cartel on the back-foot.
We were still collecting our pieces till 1961. Still fighting for Kashmir. Insurgency still alive in some parts of NE, and we could've Integrated a separate country altogether in 40s and 50s🤔 how strong you think a colonized country was

THESIS THORON

Country flag

View attachment 148988
what is its importance ??

seems too small:confused1:

THESIS THORON

Country flag

srevster

Country flag
after this is over, you should take a month holiday on SL. these days news media skews the perception of reality. in this case conflating strategic issues with day to day sri lankan life.

as far as investing is concerned, requesting @HeinzGud to give a good sales pitch on SL to @srevster :yo: . i will not charge any consulting fee :cowboy:
Just because I’m saying it, doesn’t make it a bad idea. Let’s separate the idea from the person saying it. @ezsasa :)

we need our own Hong Kong and Singapore

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Taking in Sri Lanka may create a problem similar to Kashmir in long run.
Sri Lankan nationalist especially Sinhalese who have no relationship with India will sooner than later play as pawns for our enemies. Basically, we will keep paying for them financially and they will do everything in their power to weaken us.
I don't think Sri Lanka may create a problem similar to Kashmir in long run.
Yes, their might be minor insurgency if economic integration is not proper but we can handle it.
Problem with Kashmir is that it has direct border with the nutcase country like Pakistan which is overtly hostile to India.
That won't be the case with Sri Lanka.
If we play our cards right even US might support us to reduce PRC's influence from IOR.

here2where

Sri Lanka's cabinet resigns en masse amid worsening economic crisis

son sent resignation letter to father.
brother sent resignation letter to brother.

lanka is a family-run bakery for chinese snakes.

Roshan

Country flag
Few decades ago, Sri Lankans used to see India as big brother. Unfortunately, the people who were running India at that time, had nothing but contempt for Dharmic countries like Sri Lanka, Nepal, etc. Long story short, their attitudes towards India has changed drastically. I mainly blame Congress for that.

I have spent a lot of time with Sri Lankan Buddhists. They are great human beings. They have much in common with us Hindus.
I can confirm this, they visit Hindu temples on important occasions. Buddhists and Xtians alike. I was told that they don't sell alcohol during Shivratri days but I'm not sure. Jayasuriya also visits tirupati.
Sinhalese hating us is something i discovered online and was surprised by since most Indians who are not from T Nadu are quite indifferent about them.

Re integration it has to be a desperate enough situation like the Kashmir king signing an instrument of accession in 1947 but that hasn't come yet is my sense. It's okay to idly brainstorm and game it in a situation where our hand is forced just to pre empt a security threat on our southern tip but not otherwise.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles