Small arms of India

WolfPack86

Country flag
Some sources are saying that IWI TAVOR 7 is our new ( 7.62*51mm ) Rifle 93000 will be made at IWI-Punj Lloyd Plant in Madhya Pradesh Wait for ( 5.56*45 mm ) Carbine winner & official confirmation

WolfPack86

Country flag
Some sources are saying that IWI TAVOR 7 is our new ( 7.62*51mm ) Rifle 72400 will made at IWI-Punj Lloyd Plant in Madhya Pradesh Wait for 93859 (5.56*45mm) Carbines winner & official confirmation Reposting after some corrections.

Subham Show

Country flag
Some sources are saying that IWI TAVOR 7 is our new ( 7.62*51mm ) Rifle 72400 will made at IWI-Punj Lloyd Plant in Madhya Pradesh Wait for 93859 (5.56*45mm) Carbines winner & official confirmation Reposting after some corrections.
I might be wrong but this will turn out to be a blunder

Subham Show

Country flag
I might be wrong but this will turn out to be a blunder

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Import Madness. Everything from Pistol to howitzers and tanks is being imported by our Indian ? Army

Jackd

There are many systems that are not imported. One has to realize that no country can make everything it requires. I also feel a bit dismayed when hearing about imports but we have to see that for decades the military industry was closed to private players and even if competition existed it wasn't significant. In 2005 or 2006 (correct me if I am wrong), govt started allowing others to make hardware and software for the armed forces. Recently, a spate of equipments made in India have been inducted into the armed forces and there is certainly a hope that most of our products will be Indian made.
Competition is vital to realise this ambition, as competition fosters research and drives companies to produce better products.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Indian Defence Updates says INSAS will be replaced by one of three mentioned guns
SnT K2-C2 is a 5.56 nato assault rifle and I was not able to find any 7.62 nato variant of the same......Any idea about this ?

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Kchontha

Country flag
SnT K2-C2 is a 5.56 nato assault rifle and I was not able to find any 7.62 nato variant of the same......Any idea about this ?

It might be a blunder or mistake from the IA side because this Korean gun (5.56 nato) is still under development and expected to enter service in 2020s. If it is one of the finalists then that means that IA has not decided on which caliber they should standardised.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
It might be a blunder or mistake from the IA side because this Korean gun (5.56 nato) is still under development and expected to enter service in 2020s. If it is one of the finalists then that means that IA has not decided on which caliber they should standardised.

Or I think, The news of shortlisting of K2-C2 and 2 other weapons is just a rumor....

Kchontha

Country flag
Or I think, The news of shortlisting of K2-C2 and 2 other weapons is just a rumor....

Hope my guess is as good as your, imho other two shortlisted weapons are also largely untested and rarely in service with other services around.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
It does not matter to dalals about what product is imported till something is imported which is costly and preferably useless

ACE is an outdated design while tavor 7 is impractical and cannot sustain prolonged firing due to its composite receiver

Inspired Thereof, we are ready to import this useless shit for 10 times the cost of indigenous Rifles

Kchontha

Country flag
It does not matter to dalals about what product is imported till something is imported which is costly and preferably useless

ACE is an outdated design while tavor 7 is impractical and cannot sustain prolonged firing due to its composite receiver

Inspired Thereof, we are ready to import this useless shit for 10 times the cost of indigenous Rifles
For the 7.62x39 RFI, ofb ghatak rifle and AAR came into picture again, even the Russian ak 103 will be cheaper....

Maddy_9UY

Country flag
For the 7.62x39 RFI, ofb ghatak rifle and AAR came into picture again, even the Russian ak 103 will be cheaper....

Galil ACE can fulfill all the calibers mentioned in the requirement.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I didnot see cook off in that video. Cook offs are most likely to occur in DI based guns. Piston stroke guns have less chance of cook offs, unless used in hot conditions and prolonged firing.
My bad.... I've posted the video to only show a jam and cocking off of the gun in field. But as I already mentioned, this is because of other factor rather then mechanical failure. In the same situation I would love to see some much sought after rifles.

binayak95

Country flag
My bad.... I've posted the video to only show a jam and cocking off of the gun in field. But as I already mentioned, this is because of other factor rather then mechanical failure. In the same situation I would love to see some much sought after rifles.
See this video: the M249 gunner puts down sustained fire rate for minutes! This despite the fact that a M249 has greater risk of getting contaminated with dust and debris, given its open architecture vis a vis the INSAS

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles