Small arms of India

sorcerer

Country flag
'Nidar' Meant for Office Goers

AGRA: Boosting the 'Make in India' initiative, Rifle Factory Ishapore has indigenously developed the country's lightest revolver, 'Nidar' which weighs a mere 250 gm, half the weight of an earlier model 'Nirbheek', which was exclusively designed for women. According to officials, the idea behind creating Nidar was to arm office-going professional men and women, so that they can defend themselves on city streets.

The premier Indian small arms manufacturer will launch the revolver on February 2. Any citizen with a valid arms licence can buy the .22 calibre revolver, which is priced at less than one-third of the .32 calibre Nirbheek, which costs around Rs 1.22 lakh.

"The .22 calibre Nidar is the lightest revolver ever made in India, with the cheapest price tag of Rs 35,000. It is capable of firing eight rounds loaded in a revolving chamber, compared to Nirbheek, which has a six-round capacity," said PK Aggarwal, officer-in-charge of Rifle Factory Ishapore.
"Unlike the expensive titanium alloy used in Nirbheek, for Nidar we developed a totally new alloy of aluminium which is called 'DTD5124'. It is very light and has supreme metal strength," he added.

The weapon, said the factory's public relations officer SS Naskar, can be carried in a small purse, handbag or even trouser and jacket pockets. "Initially we wanted Nidar to be exclusively dedicated for women, but due to strenuous resistance from arms dealers against the 'women's firearm' tag which went with Nirbheek, we had to design the weapon for both men and women. Arms dealers claimed there were less takers for revolvers with a 'women's firearm' tag," he said. The revolver, said its makers, can fire with accuracy up to seven metres and has a barrel length of 40.3mm.

When TOI asked local office-going women for their opinion on the new lightweight revolver, they expressed interest and excitement. "I will definitely buy one, as I often face miscreants chasing my car. However, I will need training to fire the weapon," said Deeksha Singh, who works with a finance company at Sanjay Place.

"The price of the revolver is just a fraction of any other and it is easy to carry in a purse, according to the manufacturers. I will place an order for it soon," said Ayesha Sana, whose father owns a double-barrelled shotgun.
Source>>

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
'Nidar' Meant for Office Goers

AGRA: Boosting the 'Make in India' initiative, Rifle Factory Ishapore has indigenously developed the country's lightest revolver, 'Nidar' which weighs a mere 250 gm, half the weight of an earlier model 'Nirbheek', which was exclusively designed for women. According to officials, the idea behind creating Nidar was to arm office-going professional men and women, so that they can defend themselves on city streets.

The premier Indian small arms manufacturer will launch the revolver on February 2. Any citizen with a valid arms licence can buy the .22 calibre revolver, which is priced at less than one-third of the .32 calibre Nirbheek, which costs around Rs 1.22 lakh.

"The .22 calibre Nidar is the lightest revolver ever made in India, with the cheapest price tag of Rs 35,000. It is capable of firing eight rounds loaded in a revolving chamber, compared to Nirbheek, which has a six-round capacity," said PK Aggarwal, officer-in-charge of Rifle Factory Ishapore.
"Unlike the expensive titanium alloy used in Nirbheek, for Nidar we developed a totally new alloy of aluminium which is called 'DTD5124'. It is very light and has supreme metal strength," he added.

The weapon, said the factory's public relations officer SS Naskar, can be carried in a small purse, handbag or even trouser and jacket pockets. "Initially we wanted Nidar to be exclusively dedicated for women, but due to strenuous resistance from arms dealers against the 'women's firearm' tag which went with Nirbheek, we had to design the weapon for both men and women. Arms dealers claimed there were less takers for revolvers with a 'women's firearm' tag," he said. The revolver, said its makers, can fire with accuracy up to seven metres and has a barrel length of 40.3mm.

When TOI asked local office-going women for their opinion on the new lightweight revolver, they expressed interest and excitement. "I will definitely buy one, as I often face miscreants chasing my car. However, I will need training to fire the weapon," said Deeksha Singh, who works with a finance company at Sanjay Place.

"The price of the revolver is just a fraction of any other and it is easy to carry in a purse, according to the manufacturers. I will place an order for it soon," said Ayesha Sana, whose father owns a double-barrelled shotgun.
Source>>
First, I jumped on watching this revolver for my younger sister. She has to work late many times.
But on watching it's cost, I'm thinking, I should first try to get a car for her. :D

Gessler

Country flag
First, I jumped on watching this revolver for my younger sister. She has to work late many times.
But on watching it's cost, I'm thinking, I should first try to get a car for her. :D
What a cheap brother you are !! :mad2:

You should give her a Mk-48 Mod-0

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
What a cheap brother you are !! :mad2:

You should give her a Mk-48 Mod-0
Man, Rs. 1 lakh isn't pocket money. I have to handle my family, all expenses and then, monthly save 30000-35000 Ruppes. I have managed to collect from 2 lakh ruppees and she is wishing for a car from an year to me.
I guess getting her a large car or SUV at Rs.10 lakhs instead of getting a toy like gun of Rs. 1 lakh will make her happier. I will buy her gun later. :p
@Indx TechStyle you can get cheaper ones from Maulana Nitish Kumar's 'Make in Bihar' campaign but these guns are illegal, let me warn you. These are the main suppliers to all anti-national forces be it naxals or jihadis. A handgun costs around 3K rupees.
Hope that they may have not put "chara" instead of gun powder. :taunt:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No point in buying any small arms if you are living in Indian towns and cities. At least from a practical point of view.

In fact there are only few districts in india left, where you a gun is a necessity. And majority of them fall in UP , Bihar and Jharkhand.

Even if you are a enthusiast, not worth the effort. NRA Membership does not come cheap.

Nuvneet Kundu

No point in buying any small arms if you are living in Indian towns and cities. At least from a practical point of view.

In fact there are only few districts in india left, where you a gun is a necessity. And majority of them fall in UP , Bihar and Jharkhand.

Even if you are a enthusiast, not worth the effort. NRA Membership does not come cheap.
That's the exact conclusion I arrived at when I did the math. One must see where the balance of probability lies. One must take a statistical stock of how many Hindus are being attacked cumulatively, per annum, then we can decide if a gun makes sense or not. Of course I am talking about general trends and statistical patters, this doesn't apply to individuals who live in extraordinarily lethal habitats (i.e muslim majority areas). But as a trend, there are better ways to spend the money which would yield more results than buying a gun (read : political activities).

As for self defense, it's never the lack of equipment that has been our bottleneck. Never. It's the lack of a will to fight that has landed us in trouble. You can arm yourself with AK47 and Javelin missiles if you want, but if you are intellectually disarmed, then no weapon can save you. Hindus should go through a mental renaissance and go through the kind of indoctrination that Jews go through when they learn Krav Maga. If you arm your mind to fight, your body will follow. Hindus buying guns is just an excuse to push the real issue under the rug and living in a false sense of security.

If you live in a country where lakhs of Kashmir Pandits can be put through genocide while the government stands by idly and watches despite half of India's army being posted in Kashmir, if you live in a country where you aren't allowed to build a temple on the holiest site of Hinduism which is the birth place of Ram, because muslims might feel bad, you need to understand that we are already under siege. Not all threats come down to a fist fight. We are being subjected to ideological subversion, and no bullet can defeat that. If WW1 has taught anything to French, it's that if you build fortifications and wait to be attacked, eventually you will be attacked and over run. We are facing a cultural blitz kierg from ideologies hostile to not just Hinduism as a spiritual entity but the motherland as a geographical entity as well.

But @Indx TechStyle is a sickular, he doesn't understand that. Usko thodi kheer de do, banda khus ho jata hai :D

Yo sir @Sakal Gharelu Ustad Can this become a blog post titled 'Why guns wont save Hindus'?

Spindrift

The .22 revolver that IOF makes is a copy of S&W airlite. The new is also a copy of it the only difference between the old and the new one is they apparently are using a new aluminum alloy.

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned

Anupu

Country flag
Man, Rs. 1 lakh isn't pocket money. I have to handle my family, all expenses and then, monthly save 30000-35000 Ruppes. I have managed to collect from 2 lakh ruppees and she is wishing for a car from an year to me.
I guess getting her a large car or SUV at Rs.10 lakhs instead of getting a toy like gun of Rs. 1 lakh will make her happier. I will buy her gun later. :p

Hope that they may have not put "chara" instead of gun powder. :taunt:
It's worth 35K by the way.... just to make sure in case you got it wrong.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

I live in Gujarat surat and I have never felt any need of weapon any day. Infact, nothing wrong happens here with anybody and crime rate is very very low. City remains in news for its development.

Panjab47

Banned
Guru Gobind Singh Ji said a man who has Kesh but no weapons, consider him half a man.

What do you say to this, any arguments? @HariPrasad-1 @ezsasa

@Indx TechStyle well, either way by exposing/breaking friendship with the abrahamic musalman quom you did more for safety of family/civilization than single 22cal revolver likely ever would.

Although, 8 shots + 2 speed loader for 24 total is not bad. At least there is open/conceal carry in India.

None in most of west beside USA.

Expect 4shots to down attacker, 3 with regular (30 or 40 Cal pistol /revolver like 32,9mm,40,45,357) & two with rifle.

20ft or 7m they said is about right. Good pistol will go to 10-20m, big revolver to 40ish but realistically even with full size pistol people train between 5-9yd.
--
Also remember, guns are not magic always good to have melee backup.

Lot of gun deterrence is psychological.

I think USA study found:

70% of time saying you had gun or showing deterred.

10 brandishing it (pointing at them)
10 warning shot
10 shooting at them to wound/kill

In India personally a snub nose revolver (3" or less barrel)

Too much dust otherwise compact / sub compact pistol but, still probably revolver & kirpan as backup.

Pistol advantage is with double stack magazine 12-17 shots without much size increase. Probably more maintenance & less reliable in India + weight increase.

Also, last point/thing:

Shorter barrel = more recoil.

http://www.snubnose.info/docs/Theory.htm
38+p 2" seems to be very good, wonder if available in India. Especially as backup gun.

Remember most important thing:
THE BEST GUN IS THE ONE YOU HAVE ON YOU & WORKS

Weapons are a science/dharam, don't buy primarily based on looks or coolness.

Take care of your Shastar & they will take care of melechas.

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
India has a pathetic arms industry for civilians,selling 100 year old Webley ugly derivates for 60,000 + INR,sporting Rifles and 12 Gauge shotgun with ancient design.

Adding to the above,having a Bwood actress for a night in India is easier than issuing weapon license due to Red tape.

Last time it was late 70s and 80s when govt issued some awesome firearms to Civilians and mostly Ex servicemen - those were the recovered US made weapons from Pak POWs M1 carbine,M1 Grand and Springfield.

Last edited:

Panjab47

Banned
Nidar looks like a toy gun, I would start laughing if I saw that.

Remember that heavy clothes especially few silk shirt can easily stop that.
American bootleggers used to do just that, to make early ballistic vests post ww1. Less of problem in India except einter/cold climate.

This is joke, criminals have ak47 civilians have cap guns.

Gun control purpose is controlling population not reducing crime. Look at Jamaica among highest gun crime rates but, one bullet can get you life sentence..

American bootleggers used to do just that, to make early ballistic vests post ww1. Less of problem in India except einter/cold climate.

Gun control purpose is controlling population not reducing crime. Look at Jamaica among highest gun crime rates but, one bullet can get you life sentence..

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2016/01/kimber-introduces-k6s-357-magnum-revolver/

Why don't we have this? 23oz yea almost double 13oz of 38+p revolver but 357 is among highest % q shot stop. 88-95%.

Although 38+p is still in low mid 80s so lighter weight may be worth. Still, wtf is 32 bore that everyone sings about?

That can bounce off your forehead at right angle..

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Kimber-K6S-at-Range.jpg

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Nidar is .22 and Even a .32 Rivolver/Pistol has low chance of killing an adult unless the bullet hits a critical organ.

There was a case in which a well built man had snatch the .32 and bludgeon the assailant to death even if though he was wounded.

Paki's are fortunate than us,you can buy Kalashnikov variants for 10,000 - 30,000 PKR thus a 40 kg Mallecha is more Kshatriya over the border.

Anupu

Country flag
What would be a sensible small arms according to you guys? Could you give a few examples

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles