Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
as these gun companies are in overdrive of making guns which patents are expiring or so; i think they should bring say...*ahem* modern version of pump action M1 Garand with detachable magazine fed configuration for civilian shooters; already there is one .30-06 calibre rifle available here in name of IOF .30-06 bolt action and maybe a manual pump action garand like rifle would do good.

something like this
1686695114988.png

this is custom build from Springfield M1A 'Socom 16'; a new fork of M1 Garand with M14 Features on it by Springfield Armory of the USA

Lonewarrior

Country flag
as these gun companies are in overdrive of making guns which patents are expiring or so; i think they should bring say...*ahem* modern version of pump action M1 Garand with detachable magazine fed configuration for civilian shooters; already there is one .30-06 calibre rifle available here in name of IOF .30-06 bolt action and maybe a manual pump action garand like rifle would do good.

something like this
View attachment 210145
this is custom build from Springfield M1A 'Socom 16'; a new fork of M1 Garand with M14 Features on it by Springfield Armory of the USA
Do you really think Indian firms are competent enough to completely redesigned the charging mechanism and make a proper shotgun like pump mechanism!?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Are NVGs legal here in India? If i were to for instance buy a pair and get it shipped, will i get into any trouble for that?

kaboom

Country flag
Are NVGs legal here in India? If i were to for instance buy a pair and get it shipped, will i get into any trouble for that?
I guess it isn't , but it can be included as criminal Conspiracy and land you in trouble
News headlines will be like " ghatak night vision durbeen ke sath pakda gaya hindu atankwadi , dilli ko dehlane ka tha plan "

well you can easily make digital ones using using esp32 modules, IR compatible cameras and an IR illuminators

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Your answer is logically correct but this is not the actual case.

Moreover in countries like India where there's always a soldier standing with a baseball cap next to a soldier shooting to catch all spent cases do you really think actual ammo won't be accounted for?

This concept of having some prohibited bore and some non-prohibited one is an old British concept that's followed by only a few nations. In all other countries there's either a full relaxation on weapon or you can only own 12 gauges and .22LR.

Basis of this old British concept?
If something is a "military caliber" then it's going to be much more deadly then "civilian caliber" so don't allow the civilian to own it.

Results of this stupid concept?
In India it's illegal to own a 9mm but it's legal to own a 7.63x25mm Tokarev and .45 ACP both of which are relatively more deadly.
Actually, he is right.

You are talking about ammo counting in training scenario.

However, operational stuff is much different. Quite often, troops will cite higher ammunition spent than the actual amount, so that the remainder can be utilised later without showing anything officially.

If we allow free acess to civillian market, instead of using for mostly benign things (like shooting random Pakis) many will start selling the ammo. When you spend 1000 rounds in an op, its dificult to see if you spent 1000 rounds or 1200. And 20% is a big margin.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Anyone knows about this company hearing for the first time they even have optics
Screenshot_20230615-163044_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20230615-163050_Chrome.png

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Looks good @Lonewarrior @Johny_Baba how are they any good? And it's definitely not an Indian company are they tying up with a local company for a jv?
Tactix...nice name, let's talk a bit about Tactix's tactics

> Buttstock, foregrip, handguards, picatinny rails all from a Turkish company by the name DLG Tactical
> All the optics are from a small firm in USA by the name FireField
> Their survival kits are from BCB International, UK

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Anyone knows about this company hearing for the first time they even have optics View attachment 210347

View attachment 210346
Scopes seems from this company

So another screwdrivegiri?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Tactix...nice name, let's talk a bit about Tactix's tactics

> Buttstock, foregrip, handguards, picatinny rails all from a Turkish company by the name DLG Tactical
> All the optics are from a small firm in USA by the name FireField
> Their survival kits are from BCB International, UK
Yes was tryna look through that so we have another screwdrivegiri on our hand uff kinda dissaponting got my hopes high for no reason

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Seems like an Indian startup sorry my bad

Anyone knows about this company hearing for the first time they even have optics View attachment 210347

View attachment 210346
Scopes seems from this company

So another screwdrivegiri?
Aise shaqqi girlfriend ki tarah kya message pe message krte rehta hai re! Thodi der ruk ja, sabr kar...

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Now someone tell me why the f Alpha Defence keeps behaving like a 14 yo defence anal-yeast teenager high on Red Bull!?
Screenshot_2023-06-15-16-38-30-23_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

Saalon ko dhele bhar ki akl to hai nahi...aur aaj sekrit UAV ka blueprint leak kar rahein hain, kal Screwdriver-giri ko start-up bana de rahein hain, VSHORADS ke spike ko prove bana de rahein hain

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Now someone tell me why the f Alpha Defence keeps behaving like a 14 yo defence anal-yeast teenager high on Red Bull!?
View attachment 210349
Saalon ko dhele bhar ki akl to hai nahi...aur aaj sekrit UAV ka blueprint leak kar rahein hain, kal Screwdriver-giri ko start-up bana de rahein hain, VSHORADS ke spike ko prove bana de rahein hain
I think they know they just tryna 1up that bot account

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles