Shouldn't we modernize our overall defence system in much faster way?

Jeet

There are so many things which we are supposed to do, But we dont do..

nranandkumar

modernisation in defence alone cannot do any good to a nation only a over all political and ecomonical development will automatically develop other things

smilegentel

if i remember we havent come out with anything unique in terms of weapons since 1792 (i.e it was the first time a rocket was used as a weapon of war by Tipu sulthan)

Just possesing weapons dont make us strong , inspite of having the 4 the biggest defence spending on our armed forces, we let some half baked paki fanatics to hold the whole country ransom for three days on 26/11 and it was not the first time it has happened with us. War is a state of mind and its here we are found wanting.

Let me give you a example , Why is tht Mr Hafiz Sayid a free man today, cause we rely on Pakistan to bring him to justice. Which will not happen cause they will not do anything to harm a asset which LeT is to the Pakistani establishment . So we are left with a option of God to take him , I guess we should arrange the meeting.

A nation of 1.2 billion people who talks abt beign a world power can,t arrange a covert operation to take out Hafiz and his croonies???. Thats a shame and telling on our colective mind set as a nation .

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
if i remember we havent come out with anything unique in terms of weapons since 1792 (i.e it was the first time a rocket was used as a weapon of war by Tipu sulthan)

Just possesing weapons dont make us strong , inspite of having the 4 the biggest defence spending on our armed forces, we let some half baked paki fanatics to hold the whole country ransom for three days on 26/11 and it was not the first time it has happened with us. War is a state of mind and its here we are found wanting.

Let me give you a example , Why is tht Mr Hafiz Sayid a free man today, cause we rely on Pakistan to bring him to justice. Which will not happen cause they will not do anything to harm a asset which LeT is to the Pakistani establishment . So we are left with a option of God to take him , I guess we should arrange the meeting.

A nation of 1.2 billion people who talks abt beign a world power can,t arrange a covert operation to take out Hafiz and his croonies???. Thats a shame and telling on our colective mind set as a nation .
Covert operations has never been our strength. (or it is so good that no one hears about it...)

We are like a batsman who always gets on backfoot and taps the ball down instead of getting forward and smashing a boundary

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Yes, modernising evrthying does not increase the power. It is the attitude to bring the enemy completely, which is required. If INDIA had attacked pakistan soon after the 26/11 it would have brought an end of the cross border terrorism upto some extent:angry_10:. The government did not do so due to the pressure from the U.S.

Last edited:

smilegentel

why a war with pakistan is not the best thing to do ?

Yes, modernising evrthying does not increase the power. It is the attitude to bring the enemy completely, which is required. If INDIA had attacked pakistan soon after the 26/11 it would have brought an end of the cross border terrorism upto some extent:angry_10:. The government did not do so due to the pressure from the U.S.

Let see why didnt attack Pakistan , one we no valid proof but only assumptions
that goverment of Pakistan endorsed it all we have shady names and figures but nothing which will implicate anybody with some authority in paki land .

But with LeT its different we have tangable proof and the pakis say they are non state actors, That the beauty of it all war by proxy.

So today we got Pakistan where the NWFP is lost to Taliban , Balochistan is at war with the punjabi majority army, Karachi,where mohajirs are fighting the pujabis. Else where in Azad Kashmir the Shias fighting the Sunnis, and so on . Pakistan is one state in turmoil and on par with a failed state . The Indian position beign tht Pakistan will dissolve itself in around a decades time .

But one thing which will unite all this waring fractions in Pakistan is a war with India , Talibs will fight along with Paki army if they are fighing India , Sunnis fighting side by side with a Shia if they are fighting India , So why provide a excuse to unite a failing state and make life easier for them. And in the current International set up we will not reach any where before the international pressure will curtail our military adventurism .

Do we have it in us to take whole of Pak in 10 days ?? and what if we win can we handle the whole hostile population it will be more like a America in Afganisthan kinda disaster. We are better off leaving Pakis alone , But hunt Hafiz syed kinda scums to their graves so the message is sent across, you mess with us you will be in Allah,s company in fast track.

smilegentel

Indias Covert operations ???

Covert operations has never been our strength. (or it is so good that no one hears about it...)

We are like a batsman who always gets on backfoot and taps the ball down instead of getting forward and smashing a boundary
The covert operations all i got to hear this days are how RAW managed to scuttle the elections for the nepali PM these days , Its time they stop harassing the hapless Nepalis who left to their own devices will be real happy going back to the stone age under the maoists, The most precious lessons are the one which are learned by experience , So Combodia or polpot will not serve them as a steady example .

Now dont offend Chanakya by stating covert operations has never been our strength, He has a whole lot of chapters on it 325 years before Christ. The general opinion is tht RAW has around 25,000 assests in paki land . And Indian capacity for covert operations was scaled down in 1997 under I.K Gujaral. But we can get Hafiz Syed even with our limited operations capability, Remember 100s die in Pakistan on a daily basis in various blast and shooting incidents . Example Benazir Bhutto

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I highly doubt we are responsible for those blasts.

If we are i will gladly shake hand of anyone from raw and offer them sweets on the 1st of every month.

smilegentel

I highly doubt we are responsible for those blasts.

If we are i will gladly shake hand of anyone from raw and offer them sweets on the 1st of every month.
we are not directly responsible for those blasts , but what i meant there was we can arrange one for Hafiz sayed and it will not be out of place since we get least a dozen blasts every week in Paki land.

neo29

In India, if a government work has to be done then file moves from desk to desk at slow pace. Just look at CWG, the approval for building living quarters was done very late after file moved from table to table for years. Afzhal and other convicts who are supposed to be hanged not done yet. Court cases go on for generations. Defence deals go on for decades.

This is a huge loop hole in the system and government must take action on this.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If want to modernise our defence, first we want to modernise our pockets.

This the slogan of our political establishment.

They fill up their pockets with modern equipment in such a way that it can carry heavy payloads of gold and currency.:emot15::emot15::emot15:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles