Should India form an alliance with USA/Russia to counter Chineese MIlitary Growth?

Should India form an alliance with-

• Total voters

pmaitra

^^

No_Smoking is absolutely correct. The USA allied with PRC to undermine the USSR. They even allied with PRC and Pakistan in 1971-72. Now they are siding with India because they want India to become a counterweight to PRC. That's good for now. Tomorrow, say PRC disintegrates and India emerges as the sole superpower in South Asia, I can bet my life the USA will try to find another country unfriendly to India to keep India in check.

Mark my words!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Has anyone considered the cost India will have to bear when it takes on two real enemies , China and Pakistan all by herself. How did USA defeat Soviet Union? Read China, Pakistan and Western Europe.

I believe we should evolve a partnership with USA, Japan, Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia and other ASEAN countries in a Asian NATO, where we have to make sure we are and will be treated equal to USA, we shouldnt and will not be (since we dont have the same history) treated similar to Japan.
In asian nato how will usa be part when they are not asian ?

rather we should form a partnership with all those countries excluding usa making ourselves leaders of the asian nato and have an agreement or some sort of partnership with nato.

p.s pakis did fu*k all except act as dallals!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^^

No_Smoking is absolutely correct. The USA allied with PRC to undermine the USSR. They even allied with PRC and Pakistan in 1971-72. Now they are siding with India because they want India to become a counterweight to PRC. That's good for now. Tomorrow, say PRC disintegrates and India emerges as the sole superpower in South Asia, I can bet my life the USA will try to find another country unfriendly to India to keep India in check.

Mark my words!
Everyone with an ounce of knowledge regarding geopolitics knows that.

Thats why we should form our own group in asia and pretend to be friends with nato until chinis implode.

Galaxy

Country flag

Thats why we should form our own group in asia and pretend to be friends with nato until chinis implode.
You are over-estimating our capability, intention and strength of diplomacy.

pmaitra

Exactly. Be friendly with NATO but keep preparing for the day when NATO turns around and threatens us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles