Should France jointly develop AMCA for a 5th gen fighter for Armee de l'Air?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Now we are talking, that would be a good idea. It would serve both interests and needs. I guess that would be in the future and brits are going be pukeing blood.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Now we are talking, that would be a good idea. It would serve both interests and needs. I guess that would be in the future and brits are going be pukeing blood.
I think it would be good business. We already are to have an engine tie up for it. The avionics of Rafale NG are 5th generation. Stick it in a 5th gen airframe and you have top notch fighters. It would be easy transition for both India and France as we will both make the previous plane.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I think it would be good business. We already are to have an engine tie up for it. The avionics of Rafale NG are 5th generation. Stick it in a 5th gen airframe and you have top notch fighters. It would be easy transition for both India and France as we will both make the previous plane.
Exactly, the Kaveri is in collaboration with France already the avionics are some what there and the airframe is the tough part but nothing that cant be over come if two nations choose to participate in it. I hope Dassult puts it on the table with Rafael that sure will win the L1 tender.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
They have to dump Saab. Can't work with no Chicom company.

pankaj nema

Country flag
AMCA if at all we finally decide will be a twin engined Low observable aircraft
More like a twin engined LCA with stealth characteristics

But after spending 30 BILLION each on FGFA and Rafale GOI might not finance an expensive project

pankaj nema

Country flag
AMCA needs Kaveri Snecma tie up and it is likely that this Kaveri Snecma tie up will happen

BUt we have not even finalised the Radar and EW package for LCA mk2 so it is very very premature
to talk of AMCA

Right now ADA is just designing the EXTERNALS of AMCA plane

What will we put INSIDE it ? Even ADA does not know :rolleyes:

p2prada

ADA will accept only consultants for the AMCA. I guess all the big western names will be considered. Dassault, Saab, BaE, EADS and LM. LM was the L1 in the bid for LCA consultancy recently. But EADS(L2) won because LM messed up somewhere.

The problem with a joint development with France is that the French will want everything. They will want the AMCA to be designed in French companies in France, use French directors and management, use French technology. Basically Indian money and a French aircraft like the PAKFA JV. There is no point to it.

Zebra

Country flag
@ Armand2REP ,

Please add a poll also .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The problem with a joint development with France is that the French will want everything. They will want the AMCA to be designed in French companies in France, use French directors and management, use French technology. Basically Indian money and a French aircraft like the PAKFA JV. There is no point to it.
So what is the point of signing on with PAK FA? Russia already is developing everything. India only has pittance work. Dassault's joint work on NEURON shows how we get partners involved.

Country flag
Did SAAB sell their defense division to China ?? I thought Volvo was sold to China?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles