Saudi women with 'tempting' eyes may be forced to cover them

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
In Islamic terminology, the term hadith refers to reports of statements or actions of Muhammad, or of his tacit approval of something said or done in his presence.Traditions of the life of Muhammad and the early history of Islam were passed down mostly orally for more than a hundred years after Muhammad's death in AD 632. Muslim historians say that Caliph Uthman ibn Affan (the third khalifa (caliph) of the Rashidun Empire, or third successor of Muhammad, who had formerly been Muhammad's secretary), is generally believed to urge Muslims to record the hadith just as Muhammad suggested to some of his followers to write down his words and actions. Therefore if a muslim man or women follow it its good rather than arguing on laws or teaching principles of Islam.
Muhammad is not to be worshiped/follwed...he said so himself. Only god has to be followed and quran is the word of god so only quran has to be followed.

Like i said hadith is not compulsory only the quran is.

arshi

he is to be followed...my dear friend he is an example for mankind that's why we have Sunnahs or deeds to be followed.When you read Quran you will understand it.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
he is to be followed...my dear friend he is an example for mankind that's why we have Sunnahs or deeds to be followed.When you read Quran you will understand it.
He is not to be followed. he is a mere man and even jesus has higher standing him in quran.

No messenger is to be followed...only the word of god is to be followed that the messenger brings to the people and in this case that is contained in the quran.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
In short quran is ncert textbook and hadith is kunji.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Personally, I don't care what Quran says or what the fine differences between Quran and Hadiths are, or whether Mohammed should be worshiped and/or followed. All I care is that individual liberty should be respected.

Since this article talks about KSA, I can't care less. But in India, if a college going Muslimah girl is forced to cover up by the community Mullah, I will not stand for it. Neither should the Indian state. Irrespective of what any religious book teaches (or not).

arshi

In the Holy Quran the only verse that refers literally to the status of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as a role model is as follows: "Verily in the messenger of Allah you have a good example for him who looks unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much."

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Arshi, who cares? Take the religious discussion elsewhere please. Maybe open a new thread (if the forum allows it).

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ok, the thread is not about what Islam says. Let's get off preaching here please.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
In the Holy Quran the only verse that refers literally to the status of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as a role model is as follows: "Verily in the messenger of Allah you have a good example for him who looks unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much."
In that quote itself you can see that he follows allah. And where are allahs word written ? in quran or hadith ?

arshi

i am not preaching anything here just clearing some doubts

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Arshi, who cares? Take the religious discussion elsewhere please. Maybe open a new thread (if the forum allows it).
The thing is, every discussion about muslims eventually ends up in the grip of "Quran say this, Quran says that". Meaning it takes an unavoidable religious turn :(
I've seen it happen so many times

Regards,
Virendra

ashdoc

Country flag
How sensible and suitable indeed !!
Thankfully, there won't be any accidents because of this.
on the other hand--

if a woman is completely blinded by the veil over her eyes , the chances of her banging into you on the street , and you being able to feel some luscious female flesh might increase manifold :taunt:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles