Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I think spreading awareness is a very important thing and this show does that. That is also why I posted the video. We need to wake up and speak up when we see injustice and greed.
How can I view it in Tamil?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
How can I view it in Tamil?
Dude this post of mine:

Anyway here's the Video of the 1st episode.

Topic: Female Foeticide in India

The video is in Hindi. If you do not understand Hindi, make it a point to watch the video in one of the regional languages by visiting:

Satyamev Jayate

Click on the above link. Then, Locate "Regional" on top right corner and click on it. Choose from: Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada.
Edit: Oops. I just saw that the website has changed a bit from when I last saw it. But when you visit the website above, there is a select language option.

For Tamil, here's the link:

http://www.satyamevjayate.in/regionalplayer/index.php?vid=01

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Dude this post of mine:

Edit: Oops. I just saw that the website has changed a bit from when I last saw it. But when you visit the website above, there is a select language option.

For Tamil, here's the link:

SMJ-Regional Languages
I would not have bothered with the video if not for your post. I searched that youtube link you gave but found that there was no Tamil option. Thats why I asked the link. Anyway, thanks :).

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I agree. But that post was meant for people who bitch about Docs charging more.

Again, As i said, there are several "------" in the Medical profession. I know several idiots who are in it for making money through unnecessary tests and unethical practices. The law is too soft on them and the patients are not having good awareness. That has to be corrected, Even people with good awareness are not able to get their justice, thanks to a slack judiciary. This judiciary has to be corrected.
Very fresh case. My moms sister in Mumbai fell seriously ill. This is just a month back. She was admitted to a hospital where the doctors said she has pneumonia. They said her one lung has completely failed and the other is working at only 25% capacity. All kinds of tests done. When we asked for test reports, they did not give saying they will give only upon discharge.

After discharge, we saw the report and it said no pneumonia. Add to that the mental trauma of expecting her to die any moment and my mom and dad rushing to mumbai.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
^^Sad state. I hope she is fine now.

Are you planning to lodge a complaint? Which hospital was it by the way??

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Very fresh case. My moms sister in Mumbai fell seriously ill. This is just a month back. She was admitted to a hospital where the doctors said she has pneumonia. They said her one lung has completely failed and the other is working at only 25% capacity. All kinds of tests done. When we asked for test reports, they did not give saying they will give only upon discharge.

After discharge, we saw the report and it said no pneumonia. Add to that the mental trauma of expecting her to die any moment and my mom and dad rushing to mumbai.
Why did you not put a consumer case?

As I said, there are pigs in every profession and when the pigs are there in Medical profession, it results in loss of lives :tsk:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
^^Sad state. I hope she is fine now.

Are you planning to lodge a complaint? Which hospital was it by the way??
Right now more interested in seeing my aunt recover. I don't know if my cousins will lodge a complaint. It's their call.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Right now more interested in seeing my aunt recover. I don't know if my cousins will lodge a complaint. It's their call.
And whats worse, even if you put a consumer complaint, the amount they make them pay is too small. Not only that the bureaucracy and the wait behind it is too tiring. Not to meention the fact that you are supposed to "Prove" beyond doubt that the doctors had willfully falsified and caused mental distress to extort money. At the end of it, it will make you wish you had not gone to the consumer court at all. Time to bring in some changes in the Judiciary so that it wont be a pain in the ass for getting justice

amitkriit

My grandmother had liver infection, she was treated for cancer instead. Doctor made good money.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
My grandmother had liver infection, she was treated for cancer instead. Doctor made good money.
Why do you people go there then, without having any idea on what kind of hospital you are visiting. Wont you have a Family doctor for advising/referring you on who you visit?

And in old age, its common to look for cancers. So I wont find the doctor at fault for suspecting it. Anyway, there are some issues which seem like doctor neglect when it is not, and there are some which wont seem like doctor neglect but will actually be of doctor neglect.

Archer

Country flag
Amir wants to be a politician. This is all a nice way to get himself into the middle class's good books to be the next Shri Dutt or Chiranjeevi etc. KBC made Amitabh Bachhan a household name again after his disastrous movie comeback, and umpteen debt issues. Similarly, via this stuff, Aamir wants to rebrand himself as a thinking social activist + celebrity.

Unfortunately for him, in the north, his charisma and PR will get him only so far. The guy is much smarter than the mid life crisis SRK or from one brawl to the next party Salman. But manufactured hype only goes so far.

Real politics is dirty, brutal and no holds barred. Given his so called liberal leanings etc, he may be a good "face" for the INC. But a face is all he can aspire to be as all said and done, the INC is run by a combination of dynasty & money. Aamir will not be anymore important than a Jayaprada was in the Samajwadi party.

If he becomes an independent, then his power will be limited.

All said, he's a very shrewd guy with a political future in mind, but its not going to be easy for him.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Amir wants to be a politician. This is all a nice way to get himself into the middle class's good books to be the next Shri Dutt or Chiranjeevi etc. KBC made Amitabh Bachhan a household name again after his disastrous movie comeback, and umpteen debt issues. Similarly, via this stuff, Aamir wants to rebrand himself as a thinking social activist + celebrity.

Unfortunately for him, in the north, his charisma and PR will get him only so far. The guy is much smarter than the mid life crisis SRK or from one brawl to the next party Salman. But manufactured hype only goes so far.

Real politics is dirty, brutal and no holds barred. Given his so called liberal leanings etc, he may be a good "face" for the INC. But a face is all he can aspire to be as all said and done, the INC is run by a combination of dynasty & money. Aamir will not be anymore important than a Jayaprada was in the Samajwadi party.

If he becomes an independent, then his power will be limited.

All said, he's a very shrewd guy with a political future in mind, but its not going to be easy for him.

In forum we maintain the policy - "shoot the message not the messanger"...it should be followed in real life also. It is not important what fees he is taking or what he will do in future. It is important whether the programme is forcing you to rethink about what is going on around you. BTW..Govinda, Rajesh Khanna, Shatrughan Sinha and many in south did not have to do anything like Satyameva jayate to get a foothold in politics.

Dont be so cynical or someone may guess your identity as any of the followings-

1) A doctor who takes gift from MRs to prescribe their medicine and cut money from labs

or

2) A member of a Khap Panchayat

or

3) Involved in illegal sex determination and killing unborn girl child

ganesh177

Country flag

No pneumonia means both lungs were perfectly fine as well, right ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No pneumonia means both lungs were perfectly fine as well, right ?
I don't know. I am not a doc. There was something that made her ill. There seems to be an infection which caused pus from what I can understand from the reports. Pus in lungs is usually formed when there is TB or Pneumonia usually, but pneumonia was ruled out. It's all too confusing. If a doctor is devious, he can scare the shit out if you and make you spend.

Here is the report

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I don't know. I am not a doc. There was something that made her ill. There seems to be an infection which caused pus from what I can understand from the reports. Pus in lungs is usually formed when there is TB or Pneumonia usually, but pneumonia was ruled out. It's all too confusing. If a doctor is devious, he can scare the shit out if you and make you spend.

Here is the report

:shocked: Did I just abuse your doctor for no good reason?

Lung abscess is as dangerous as the Pneumonia. As far as I can see, treating the disease in presumption of Pneumonia when it is actually lung abcess is not negligence. You may have to give the benefit of doubt to your doctor here.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
:shocked: Did I just abuse your doctor for no good reason?

Lung abscess is as dangerous as the Pneumonia. As far as I can see, treating the disease in presumption of Pneumonia when it is actually lung abcess is not negligence. You may have to give the benefit of doubt to your doctor here.
Like I said, that abscess is usually because of TB or Pneumonia. But ye report ruled out pneumonia. I have other reports which say lung fields are clear while the doc said one lung is finished and the other working at 25%

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Like I said, that abscess is usually because of TB or Pneumonia. But ye report ruled out pneumonia. I have other reports which say lung fields are clear while the doc said one lung is finished and the other working at 25%
Its not simple as that, The lung abcess could have been from a lot of Microbes, not just TB . And Pneumonia is not a cause for Lung abcess, it is a disease per se.. Here go through . Look at the organisms involved. Most of them are involved in Pneumonia too
Lung abscess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pneumonia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The lungs might have actually worked at 25% and could have improved later on. No way to know for sure. And for old age, there might already be a compromised lung function from fibrosis, and pneumonia could have made it worse. even the Lung abcess would have done that. So treating in the assumption of pneumonia is not a delibrate negligence.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its not simple as that, The lung abcess could have been from a lot of Microbes, not just TB . And Pneumonia is not a cause for Lung abcess, it is a disease per se.. Here go through . Look at the organisms involved. Most of them are involved in Pneumonia too
Lung abscess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pneumonia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The lungs might have actually worked at 25% and could have improved later on. No way to know for sure. And for old age, there might already be a compromised lung function from fibrosis, and pneumonia could have made it worse. even the Lung abcess would have done that. So treating in the assumption of pneumonia is not a delibrate negligence.
I am not talking about negligence. I am talking about withholding information and not providing reports even though we asked for it so that we could take second opinion. I am talking about scare mongering. The doctor said my aunt will have to live one oxygen for life.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles