Rustom 2/TAPAS/BH-201 MALE UAV News Updates and Discussions

karn

Country flag
Let the breast beating commence in right earnest
Separate DRDO project means they'll change the thing to a twin boom and call it archer .
See y'all back here in 10 years .
Can probably change the thread name to
Rustom 2/TAPAS/BH-201 MALE UAV / Archer

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Separate DRDO project means they'll change the thing to a twin boom and call it archer .
See y'all back here in 10 years .
Can probably change the thread name to
Rustom 2/TAPAS/BH-201 MALE UAV / Archer
Archer ng is completely different design rustom will most probably be given to private sector and well no one knows what happens then we either see massive improvements or just another tot to private companies

anirban8

Country flag
Archer ng is completely different design rustom will most probably be given to private sector and well no one knows what happens then we either see massive improvements or just another tot to private companies
I think the govt is planning on giving up on MALE UAV of these twin piston engine type. Hermes is already coming and we might see focus shift to stealth MALE(swift) or predator like MALE drone projects being funded by the government. Also only TAPAS BH (Rustom 2) is cancelled right rustom 1 (Archer) might still be coming in.

I wonder what would happen to the tapas drone which according to reports were being assembled by HAL. I think there was a number of 60 which was quoted.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I think the govt is planning on giving up on MALE UAV of these twin piston engine type. Hermes is already coming and we might see focus shift to stealth MALE(swift) or predator like MALE drone projects being funded by the government. Also only TAPAS BH (Rustom 2) is cancelled right rustom 1 (Archer) might still be coming in.

I wonder what would happen to the tapas drone which according to reports were being assembled by HAL. I think there was a number of 60 which was quoted.
Gov is just gonna fund Archer ng if possible I have no hope rn even for that and needs to focus on turbo jet powered hale uavs @Chinmoy any insight in all the tapas drama what's going to happen?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
source based news
=====
As per reliable govt sources, the #Rustom2 #R2 #TAPAS programme has been closed in Mission Mode as it fell short of the PSQR set by users. However, sources confirm that the govt has given the go-ahead for the development of this MALE UAV project under separate DRDO funds. ADE has been told to meet the main specs set by the users -- endurance of 24 hours and altitude of 30,000 feet. ADE must get back after achieving these two targets. Best wishes to Team R2 and hope they would bounce back soon

other way to interpret anantha krishnan's source based tweet, could also mean the project is closed in mission mode, it will continue in regular mode.

less stringent timelines ,less oversight but work will go on?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
other way to interpret anantha krishnan's source based tweet, could also mean the project is closed in mission mode, it will continue in regular mode.

Yes work will go on just not the priority and some lead scientists will probably be moved to other projects

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

I do not have much hope about upcoming projects Archer ng was supposed to be flying by now it's nowhere rn no updates no nothing I will wait for def expo for some official word and not some Twitter journalist for these new projects tapas is done.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I do not have much hope about upcoming projects Archer ng was supposed to be flying by now it's nowhere rn no updates no nothing I will wait for def expo for some official word and not some Twitter journalist for these new projects tapas is done.
hope has nothing to with this, these are engineering projects, the usual time-money-resource triangular relationship.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
All projects of ADA have been closed in mission mode. Clear of mission mode means that the government does not expect ADA to deliver anything and it will be presumed that military has to has to import. Israeli import lobby is Happy 😡

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Whenever I come across his posts I feel like I am reading posts of someone from import lobby idk if it's true or not cause drdo has been researching on single engine twin boom design for quite some time now so it could be that too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles