Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Even if you somehow believe Russia linked information from the S-400 radar to crusty 1960s Soviet era radars that Syria operates how do you expect Pantsirs and S-200 do do anything substantial?

For one the Pantsir is a very short range system and it’s spread out throughout the country, that means aircraft can easily bomb targets out of the Pantsirs reach.

Secondly, the S-200 was designed for targeting high altitude threats such as bombers. So aircraft can simply fly under 5,000 feet and avoid being shot down. That Israeli F-16 that was shot down was shot down because it flew too high and as a result the S-200 did what it was designed to do.

So you have two very limited air defenses systems that do not cover all of Syria. It’s funny how now Turkish drone videos are pretty much none existent. The Turks had a field day over Idlib earlier in the week, once Syrians moved their air defenses in the region then those drone have been falling out of the sky and the Turks have been losing ground again.

You forgot to mention that Syria has S-300...

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Is it me or none of you is seeing the bigger picture here?

Erdogan is a bitch of the west. He would have never dared to attack Russians without the backing of his masters. Once again west outwitted the Russians and once again a whore of an Islamic country will sacrifice it's muzzie soldiers for the benefits of her western overlords.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
“Always With India”: Syrian Envoy On Centre’s Jammu And Kashmir Move

Published March 3, 2020 | By admin SOURCE: ANI India’s decision to end the special status of Jammu and Kashmir is an internal matter, Syrian envoy to New Delhi Riad Abbas said on Monday, adding that any government has the right to take decisions to protect its citizens. “Every government has the right to do whatever it likes on its land to protect its people. We are always with India on any action,” Mr Abbas told news agency ANI. The Syrian envoy welcomed India’s position on the military operation launched by Turkey in north-east Syria and said that his country looks forward to enhancing the relations with India “which has a strong voice in the international arena under a leader like Prime Minister Narendra Modi.” “The Syrian government and the people of my country highly appreciate the India government’s stand on the matter,” he said. India had expressed deep concerns over the unilateral military offensive by Turkey in north-east Syria, saying that Ankara’s actions can undermine “stability in the region” and has the potential for causing humanitarian and civilian distress. “We are deeply concerned at the unilateral military offensive by Turkey in north-east Syria. Turkey’s actions can undermine stability in the region and the fight against terrorism. Its action also has the potential for causing humanitarian and civilian distress,” the Foreign Ministry had said in a statement. India had also called upon Turkey to exercise restraint, respect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Syria, and urged for the peaceful settlement of all issues through dialogue and discussion. Turkey on October 9 began its military operation in north-east Syria to remove Kurdish-led forces from the border area. The move came days after the US announced it was withdrawing its troops from the region, leaving the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), without American military support.

Neptune

Country flag

This is either false news or the Turks have lost their minds and are looking to be pounded by Russia. Syria does not operate SU-25, only Russia does.

This is very typical Turkish cowardly behavior. They are only known to ambush ground attack/bombers but will sit in hangers when fighters show up. They fire MANPADS and then deny it when caught red handed.

The Turks are truly a special kind of scoundrel, they bomb Kurds near US soldiers so the US soldiers had to evacuate and now they demand the US help them. If Russia decides to target F-16 and destroy ever a Turkish outpost and soldier I hope the Turks will for once not cry for help from the people they throw under the bus.

Edit, I believe this was the incident where it was claimed two Syrian SU-24s were shot down. I believe only one was shot down, the other SU-24 landed.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Map of the operation to liberate the city of Sekarib from the Syrian army with the support of allies. yesterday vs today

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is either false news or the Turks have lost their minds and are looking to be pounded by Russia. Syria does not operate SU-25, only Russia does.

This is very typical Turkish cowardly behavior. They are only known to ambush ground attack/bombers but will sit in hangers when fighters show up. They fire MANPADS and then deny it when caught red handed.

The Turks are truly a special kind of scoundrel, they bomb Kurds near US soldiers so the US soldiers had to evacuate and now they demand the US help them. If Russia decides to target F-16 and destroy ever a Turkish outpost and soldier I hope the Turks will for once not cry for help from the people they throw under the bus.

Edit, I believe this was the incident where it was claimed two Syrian SU-24s were shot down. I believe only one was shot down, the other SU-24 landed.
Syria says 2 warplanes downed by Turkey as tensions soar

Syria’s official news agency said two of its warplane were shot down by Turkish forces inside northwest Syria, amid a military escalation there that’s led to growing direct clashes between Turkish and Syrian forces.

SANA says the jets were targeted over the Idlib region, and that the four pilots ejected with parachutes and landed safely.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/01/syria-turkey-russia-planes-shot-down-118382

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Syria’s official news agency said two of its warplane were shot down by Turkish forces inside northwest Syria, amid a military escalation there that’s led to growing direct clashes between Turkish and Syrian forces.

SANA says the jets were targeted over the Idlib region, and that the four pilots ejected with parachutes and landed safely.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/01/syria-turkey-russia-planes-shot-down-118382
Assad fan boys are so delusional they can’t read their own official agency dispatches when it is not what they want to read.

Neptune

Country flag

One aircraft was filmed going down not two as far as I know. News outlets always make mistakes so just because they report something doesn’t make it accurate

Neptune

Country flag
Assad fan boys are so delusional they can’t read their own official agency dispatches when it is not what they want to read.

Terrorist fanboys like you are too ignorant and lazy to comprehend facts of evidence and decipher how misinformation or lack of evidence in the initial moments can lead to incorrect information. I explicitly stated “ I believe only one was shot down, the other SU-24 landed.

Notice I stated I “believe” meaning it was not an explicit fact I could prove. I said I believe because only one SU-24 was filmed going down and then there was talk on social media (yes it’s not always reliable) that only one was shot down. Im sorry to tell you but both the Syrian and Turkish side has reported incorrect information, sometimes purposefully and other times erroneously. We can paint a picture based on all sources and evidence, so if anyone is a delusional fanboy it’s you, or at the least you don’t read what other members like myself actually say and blurt out nonsense to try to ‘one up’ people based on your bias view.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
One aircraft was filmed going down not two as far as I know. News outlets always make mistakes so just because they report something doesn’t make it accurate
Give it a break. Assad is not disputing the downing of 2 of his Su-24s. He os only saying, "So what none of my pilots died?"

If Assad is not disputing it what would you dispute it?

Neptune

Country flag
Give it a break. Assad is not disputing the downing of 2 of his Su-24s. He os only saying, "So what none of my pilots died?"

If Assad is not disputing it what would you dispute it?

Assad has nothing to do with the SU-24 incident. I would like to know where is the second SU-24 in the video? Virtually every aircraft that has been shot down in modern times has been filmed.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Assad has nothing to do with the SU-24 incident. I would like to know where is the second SU-24 in the video? Virtually every aircraft that has been shot down in modern times has been filmed.
Then you better question Sana News agency...

Turkish regime’s air force targets two Syrian aircrafts in Idleb

Idleb, SANA- Two Syrian aircrafts, while carrying out a mission against positions of terrorist organizations in Idleb area, were targeted by the air force of the terrorist Turkish regime.

A military source told SANA in a statement that at 13:25 pm on Sunday, Turkish air force intercepted two Syrian aircrafts and downed them over the Syrian territory while the two aircrafts were carrying out a mission against armed terrorist organizations in Idleb area.

The pilots used parachutes and landed safely, the source added.

https://www.sana.sy/en/?p=187095

That's Assad's official news agency...

New threads

Articles