Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
su 57 is also dud like this that's why we rejected it . don't fall in the trap of Russian PR if u want to know reality just check India's armed forces feedback.
same case is also for Chinese weapons Pakistan rejected many of them.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Yes, BUK is very effective, at shooting down huge high flying civilian airliners...

Pantsir-S1 has a weak spot for low speed drones.. That's why Israeli loitering ammunition were able to take it out... Between, why do you act like the high priest of american weapons by cussing Russian weaponry... Patriots too have a checkered history... A congressional investigation found that during gulf war 1, a maximum of 1 ballistic missile might have been intercepted, as compared to claims of 98 percent hits by the Raytheon fanboys in the military.. You also have saudi patriot missiles, making a U turn and hitting the ground... No, SAM system is invincible, and lots of factors apart from SAM capability are involved like operator training, whether saturation strike is happening... and so on..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pantsir-S1 has a weak spot for low speed drones.. That's why Israeli loitering ammunition were able to take it out... Between, why do you act like the high priest of american weapons by cussing Russian weaponry... Patriots too have a checkered history... A congressional investigation found that during gulf war 1, a maximum of 1 ballistic missile might have been intercepted, as compared to claims of 98 percent hits by the Raytheon fanboys in the military.. You also have saudi patriot missiles, making a U turn and hitting the ground... No, SAM system is invincible, and lots of factors apart from SAM capability are involved like operator training, whether saturation strike is happening... and so on..
Patriot and the whole ABM defense system were untested in Gulf War 1. Note that Patriot is an anti-aircraft missile that later was added the job of ABM. But by Operation Iraqi Freedom PAC 3 had a very high success rate.

But, offense is still the best defense.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Any weapon system is deployed as part of a strategy, it's effectiveness will depend on Crew effectiveness. There is no wonder weapon.
Case being Russian tank in Indian hands did good job where same tank did shit job in Arab hands.

Now in regards to Russian air defence system, pantsir will be deployed as part of air defence system not stand alone. You cannot blame the system for some failure by a rag tag militia.

All system have their plus and minus. That's why your procurement is dictated by your strategy etc
Any air defense system can work autonomously. Of course, working in a common system provides the best result, but the drone is not F-22 and has very modest characteristics.
The modern Russian army is not technological. She lagged behind for several generations and her image rests only on the pas

Akim

Professional
Country flag
This is the only time perhaps that I will side with Putin and Assad in my life, but I hope they bloody the Turkish military enough that they and the vast majority of Turkish civilians will kick Sultan Erdogan out of power!
Everyone has their own opinion. I am not a supporter of Erdogan, but I certainly will not sympathize with Putin.

Waanar

Country flag
This is the only time perhaps that I will side with Putin and Assad in my life, but I hope they bloody the Turkish military enough that they and the vast majority of Turkish civilians will kick Sultan Erdogan out of power!
I see Erdogan as a very good leader for Turkey, since it's clear now that he will lead Turkey into dust.

I don't care if he's kicked out or not. Turkey, as a whole, has supported Porkistan against us every chance it has got and it deserves a revamp in foreign policy (i.e- become absolutely useless as an ally).

Erdogan is already stretching his military thin, and Turkey is the only respectable military and economical force in the M.E.
With it's end and oil's devaluation and/or being rendered obsolete, there will be no backers of Radical Islamists except the western players (who I feel have had enough of their chess games episode.. for now).

Let's hope Erdogan makes Turkey poor and useless, especially in light of Erdogan's tacit dream of a new Khalifa.

There will be no new Khalifa after Mia. Period.
As for harboring hopes of a coup, I'd say you put them to rest. As you move westwards (the peaceful areas bordering Europe) to Anatolia, there is a distaste to Erdogan and his state policies, yes, but go east and Erdogan has a strong supporter base there.

The west tries to portray Anatolia as the entire Turkey (which is not true) or they outright jump on the extreme east (Kurdistan) which naturally holds inhabitants who hate Turkey as a whole and not just Erdogan.

It's the juicy part in the middle which will never coup against him and, as was clear in 2016, when the Gulens couped against Erdogan and ended up killing civvies protesting against it, the public resolve against another rebellious attempt has been solidified.

Like it or not, Erdogan is here to stay, which is more than what can be said for Turkey.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I see Erdogan as a very good leader for Turkey, since it's clear now that he will lead Turkey into dust.

I don't care if he's kicked out or not. Turkey, as a whole, has supported Porkistan against us every chance it has got and it deserves a revamp in foreign policy (i.e- become absolutely useless as an ally).

Erdogan is already stretching his military thin, and Turkey is the only respectable military and economical force in the M.E.
With it's end and oil's devaluation and/or being rendered obsolete, there will be no backers of Radical Islamists except the western players (who I feel have had enough of their chess games episode.. for now).

Let's hope Erdogan makes Turkey poor and useless, especially in light of Erdogan's tacit dream of a new Khalifa.

There will be no new Khalifa after Mia. Period.
As for harboring hopes of a coup, I'd say you put them to rest. As you move westwards (the peaceful areas bordering Europe) to Anatolia, there is a distaste to Erdogan and his state policies, yes, but go east and Erdogan has a strong supporter base there.

The west tries to portray Anatolia as the entire Turkey (which is not true) or they outright jump on the extreme east (Kurdistan) which naturally holds inhabitants who hate Turkey as a whole and not just Erdogan.

It's the juicy part in the middle which will never coup against him and, as was clear in 2016, when the Gulens couped against Erdogan and ended up killing civvies protesting against it, the public resolve against another rebellious attempt has been solidified.

Like it or not, Erdogan is here to stay, which is more than what can be said for Turkey.

Israel has a very good military and an assured economy as it is essentially USA's 51st state.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thats why Chinese Secretly Choose to copy BUK System as HQ-16 but not Pantsir System from Russia
BUK cannot replace Pantsir since BUK is medium range SAM while Pantsir is close or point defense SAM. BUK is optimized for high flying target while Pantsir is supposed to take care of low flying targets in a layered AD system.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
BUK cannot replace Pantsir since BUK is medium range SAM while Pantsir is close or point defense SAM. BUK is optimized for high flying target while Pantsir is supposed to take care of low flying targets in a layered AD system.
Yes I know that but I was commenting on him saying how BUK and TOR are a better System than Pantsir is. So I thought that’s why Chinese choose to copy BUK and TOR but not the Pantsir. They were all offered to China but the Chinese didn’t buy the Pantsir.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles