Russian involvement in Syrian crisis

bhramos

Country flag
Turkey getting ready for war with #Russia !

Omer Celik, spokesman for Party of #Turkey, said that Turkey had begun consultations with NATO regarding events in Idlib.

After the declaration of war on #Syria, Turkey may close the Bosphorus Strait for movement of Russian ships.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
The S-400 was probably sold under certain conditions. I also believe the system is plenty potent, you have to remember that an ancient S-200 shot down an F-16 a few years ago when it flew high enough to be engaged. Moreover old Soviet missiles have shot down modern western aircraft over Yemen pretty much on a monthly basis.

The Turks would be foolish to use the S-400, I’m sure Russia has a counter for it since they developed it and besides Russia could cut off the supply of missiles and other support and logistics if need be.
I am pretty sure, Russia has not included the profiles of Su-30, su-34 or pak-fa in s-400 library / database.. The S-400 guards Ankara to defend Erdogan against NATO fighters, in case there is another coup attempt..

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Don't be naive. Russia is now China's b1tch. Russia will do whatever China asks for, kill switch for Indoa's S-400? No problem!
Dude.. you know what that means right?
1. India will stop all defence purchases from Russia, and India has been the biggest market for Russian weapons for a long time.
2. It is part of Russian policy to balance China, by having good partnership with India, and workable relationship with Japan, in case China gets too powerful.
You think Russia will place all its eggs in China's basket. Man grow up.. Russia has been a survivor, and has fought and survived for centuries... They are still apprehensive about Chinese ambitions in the russian far east, as many chinese lay claim to it, as it was part of Qing empire...

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
S-400 can easily be set up and operated by Turkish military since there is already initial training. In fact, Turkey already tested last year S-400's radar against an F-16. Turkey's quagmire in Idlib is a political life and death situation for Erdo and a great national pride issue for Turkey. So hastily assembling S-400 now is better and faster for Turkey than asking the Americans for Patriot battery.
It takes years to be comfortable operating fighter aircraft and Sam's in combat situations... Also, the S-400 batteries are small in number, and are vulnerable to a Russian Kalibre saturation strike... S-400 is for Turdogan's own protection against the CIA Gulen gang.

Snowcat

Country flag
I was just on peeedeeefff, apparently turkey has been bombing Pantsir batteries and Syrian tanks since yesterday. They have even shared a video, although with a Turkish title, it's probably from a Drone, gotta say it looks really cool. Can't really say if the video is fake or not.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Some news

US imposes sanctions on China for buying Russian weapons

China's Equipment Development Department (EDD) and its head, Li Shangfu, are sanctioned for completing "significant transactions" with Russia's state arms exporter, Rosoboronexport.

The EDD and Mr Li have been added to a Blocked Persons List , meaning any assets they hold in the US are frozen and Americans are "generally prohibited"

Furthermore, the EDD is denied export licences and excluded from the American financial system.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-45596485

US slaps sanctions on Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sc...se-military-unit-buying-russian-jets-missiles
Dude, China was sanctioned in 2018, just before Putin's visit to India for signing the S-400 contract. Putin had made it clear to India. No S-400, no visit. US tries to intimidate India, by sanctioning China, but India didn't budge, and went ahead and signed the contract.. and that is that...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dude.. you know what that means right?
1. India will stop all defence purchases from Russia, and India has been the biggest market for Russian weapons for a long time.
2. It is part of Russian policy to balance China, by having good partnership with India, and workable relationship with Japan, in case China gets too powerful.
You think Russia will place all its eggs in China's basket. Man grow up.. Russia has been a survivor, and has fought and survived for centuries... They are still apprehensive about Chinese ambitions in the russian far east, as many chinese lay claim to it, as it was part of Qing empire...
Well, aside from S-400 Erdo was also contemplating of buying Su-35s. I'm sure with those kind of strategic weapons purchases Turkey is looking for more defense deals or JVs with Russia. Yet Russia still kicked Erdo in the ass.

Why? Russia's strategic interest. Russia places more intetest in its Syrian bases than Turkish weapons purchases.

So between China and India, both S-400 users, to which do you think Putin places more strategic weight? (Be honest)

Atcjurvin

Well, aside from S-400 Erdo was also contemplating of buying Su-35s. I'm sure with those kind of strategic weapons purchases Turkey is looking for more defense deals or JVs with Russia. Yet Russia still kicked Erdo in the ass.

Why? Russia's strategic interest. Russia places more intetest in its Syrian bases than Turkish weapons purchases.

So between China and India, both S-400 users, to which do you think Putin places more strategic weight? (Be honest)
Putin doesn't give a damn. in syria Russia is directly supporting assad and as u said they have bases there so it is more strategically important to them rather than some silly conflict between India and China.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Putin doesn't give a damn. in syria Russia is directly supporting assad and as u said they have bases there so it is more strategically important to them rather than some silly conflict between India and China.
You're evading my question. Anyway, I know you know the answer to my question. And there's nothing silly in case of a military skirmish between the 2 most populous vountries in the World.

Btw, I'd root for India if that happens.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was just on peeedeeefff, apparently turkey has been bombing Pantsir batteries and Syrian tanks since yesterday. They have even shared a video, although with a Turkish title, it's probably from a Drone, gotta say it looks really cool. Can't really say if the video is fake or not.

Most likely those videos are accurate. But what is interesting is the footage of a Pantsir being bomb. The radar was clearly rotating at the time it was hit.

I remember how Russian defenders downplayed Israeli video footage of its cruise missile hitting a Pantsir battery. The defense was that that Pantsir was not turned on. Now, in this Turkish video the Pantsir is clearly active.

Waanar

Country flag
You're evading my question. Anyway, I know you know the answer to my question. And there's nothing silly in case of a military skirmish between the 2 most populous vountries in the World.

Breh, if China and India go at it full swing, you'd be dead. This ain't a football match.
Ram ram, keep quiet.:scared2:

No, but seriously. From what I do understand, Russians always had a fight to pick with Turkey which defense analysts of the past did foresee (reason why Turkey joined NATO).
Not to mention that Turkey was a catalyst to balkanization of Serbia, something the Russians and Serbians both know as Turkey's regional ambition's expression.

Russia is unpredictable regarding how it weighs China in comparison to India and what the future is going to be like.

Only time can answer...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Breh, if China and India go at it full swing, you'd be dead. This ain't a football match.
Ram ram, keep quiet.:scared2:

No, but seriously. From what I do understand, Russians always had a fight to pick with Turkey which defense analysts of the past did foresee (reason why Turkey joined NATO).
Not to mention that Turkey was a catalyst to balkanization of Serbia, something the Russians and Serbians both know as Turkey's regional ambition's expression.

Russia is unpredictable regarding how it weighs China in comparison to India and what the future is going to be like.

Only time can answer...
Why would I die? Mindanao is too far away from India and China. So you can nuke each other and we'd survive.

But I doubt it'll reach that point. The most likely scenario is a conventional war for a particular area that would last for at least a week. A series of A2A engagements, artillery duels and maneuvers. Then World powers will intervene.

Waanar

Country flag
Why would I die? Mindanao is too far away from India and China. So you can nuke each other and we'd survive.
You can be on the opposite end of earth and still die by nuclear winter induced famine. :p
But I doubt it'll reach that point. The most likely scenario is a conventional war for a particular area that would last for at least a week. A series of A2A engagements, artillery duels and maneuvers. Then World powers will intervene.
Yes, in that case.. well.....

fuck

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

That would depend on the circumstances. Only if China is getting thrashed in the Himalayas by India, and Xi Jinping begs Putin to save his ass, would Putin think about degrading Indian S-400s.
There is no chance of Putin degrading Indian weapons of russian origin in the initial phases of the conflict.. Russia shares with India, the technologies that it won't even share with China.. especially nuclear submarine and reactor technology..
Yes, diplomatically it might favor China. But, disabling your most potent weapon systems to impress China, is like cutting your cock so that you stay loyal to your wife (Here China)..

Also, dont compare with the syria situation... Turkey is actively undermining Russia in Syria, and India does no such thing..

abhay rajput

Country flag

If that was to happen it would have happened in 2017 , because we are not getting weaker but stronger..
https://thediplomat.com/2017/07/why-is-russia-aiming-missiles-at-china/
Russia and China aren't friends , they have many unresolved issues between them. Most importantly Russians and Chinese have bad blood read some real history not given by your masters.. Russia have taken a lot of land of China and Russians know very well how much of snakes Chinese are.
https://amp.scmp.com/comment/opinio...na-fact-xis-friendship-putin-betrayal-chinese
Many more things.. the fact is Russia doesn't need China or any other country simply no country will dare to attack Russia same with USA.. they need vessels just like USA but unlike USA Russia knows they can't control Chinese. The day Chinese nuclear arsenal cross 300 we will talk then but in current world nuclear weapons are the deciding factor ... The only reason that have stopped us for a long time .. so until someone figure out a way from this dilemma there is not going to be any war between nuclear countries. It's as simple as that and yes that's applies to Pakistan too..

Neptune

Country flag
Most likely those videos are accurate. But what is interesting is the footage of a Pantsir being bomb. The radar was clearly rotating at the time it was hit.

I remember how Russian defenders downplayed Israeli video footage of its cruise missile hitting a Pantsir battery. The defense was that that Pantsir was not turned on. Now, in this Turkish video the Pantsir is clearly active.

However, the Turks blurred out the details suggesting this could be older videos that they just released for propaganda or even videos from Libya. Regardless, the Turks put out outright propaganda, if we are to believe their fantasy claims then they killed like 50,000 Kurds and 50,000 Syrian soldiers :lol:

The only thing that matters is what’s won or lost in Idlib and right now the Syrian army keeps taking large swaths of territory in Idlib. The Turks and their Al-Quida brothers in arms are getting spanked even though they appeared to concentrate a main thrust aimed to dislodge the SAA. The important thing is that the Turks and Al-Quida are spread thin in Idlib and as a result the SAA keeps advancing.

Tvastr

Country flag
That is from the Turkish Ministry of National Defense official YT channel. The strikes supposedly were in response to the 35+ Turkish terrorists killed recently. So definitely not fake, but could be from other operations not related to Syria. A lot of Russian personnel were also killed in this strike if Turkish sources are to be believed.

Erdo desperately trying to salvage something from his little Ottoman fantasy expansionism. Too bad he has miscalculated and will pay severely for this gambit.

Hopefully more of these Turkish terrorists are dispatched to hell by the Russians and SAA after this misadventure.

Neptune

Country flag
The Turks do appear to use propaganda from Libya, the destroyed Pantsir looks like the models sold to the UAE. The Pantsir likely had I’ll trained crew. The best weapons systems on earth or worthless without proper training.

54B02557-1439-484B-A33E-73271F0FAD47.jpeg

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Turks are wiping out insane numbers of SAA elements with drones only. This is a game changer, something that is going to be watched very closely by many big armies and airforces. Never seen that before on such scale.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles