Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I kinda believed the same, until the guy (or gal) actually whitewashed the Nazi battalions like Azov and painted a picture of them being extremely humanitarian and peace-loving organizations, who are in his own words, "respected by a lot of people".

For me personally, any sympathy I might have had flies out of the window at that point. And I think any brown guy would probably think the same, if he's not self-loathing. Why in the hell would I ever cry for white supremacists?
I must say this, I'm not saying every white guy in Ukraine is with this racist shit. I'm talking about the people in Eastern Ukraine, definitely have a lot of sympathy for them.

The people in the Donbass and other areas, even a large part of the population in Odessa are not with these white supremacists, but in fact have been their victims for the last 8 years and now have to suffer in this war. I sure hope things turn around for them and fortunes are in store for them.

JBH22

Please do not believe the western narrative about Russian casualties. Right now it is under 2000 and I tend to believe the Russia version over the western version just because of the sheer amount of propaganda and lies being pushed out of the western world.

And please do not believe that the Russians are going to accept this. The only way they would accept this if Donbass and Luhansk were completely liberated and all Russian gains be folded into the Donbass and Luhansk republics and Novorussiya state and Ukraine do not join any military alliance and have no foreign troops stationed and all sanctions lifted up and all Russian assets return back to Russia. Anything less than that, Russia have no incentive to halt this conflict.
To be fair no one can tell the real figures be it equipment destroyed or loss of life.
Putin even if he pulls back the sanctions are not going back, neither he will have a guarantee that Ukraine will honour its arrangement. So basically he has to go for the partition to justify this invasion.
Since Day 1 it was a do or die enterprise for him.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Have ever Heard About standoff

Most of LGM are Dropped from 15 km away
Well most probably it will be useful for su 25 and to take down helicopters, definitely not for high flying Tactical bombers like Su 34.

Neptune

Country flag
This idiot's content is blocked in my country.
You can listen to fairy tales, but I repeat: Russia uses expensive "Kh-series" cruise missiles, because air defense often destroys Russian Su.
Russian drones are flying around destroying everything in Ukraine. How can Ukrainians shoot down fast expensive Sukhois but slow cheap drones are still flying? The first week of the war Ukrainians shot down some low flying Sukois using MANPADs but since then Ukrainians air defenses have been largely destroyed and Russian aircraft started flying higher, using electronics warfare and AWACS aircraft. Even pro Ukrainian propaganda in the video below is showing how Ukrainian soldiers are running and fleeing because of Russian drones.

Ukrainians have almost no air defenses besides short range MANPADs. Russia posted videos of destruction of S-300s and BUKs. In fact more Ukrainian aircraft have been shot down the past week, with even the Ukrainian Ministry of defense acknowledging losses

Sukois and Russian helicopters are operating in Ukrainian airspace every day. The Russian ministry of defense releases videos often.

Dead Ukrainian pilots confirmed:

42BE82DC-9BC3-409B-98AA-98A770BD9FDD.jpeg

270E86BF-874D-427B-B785-B9B74F355E29.jpeg

Destroyed Ukrainian aircraft, there is a lot more but just a few pictures for proof:

B3F1F3EB-71B9-49D4-8374-047DB97E4CEC.jpeg

B7EFDF2E-BB71-460D-B15B-EA502F5304F0.jpeg

Ukrainian BUK destroyed:

Orion drone destroying Ukrainian artillery:

SU-25 from a few days ago destroying Ukrainian targets:

Jimih

Country flag
I must say this, I'm not saying every white guy in Ukraine is with this racist shit. I'm talking about the people in Eastern Ukraine, definitely have a lot of sympathy for them.
Didnt Western Ukraine part of then USSR supported Hitler's Nazi party? The Ukro Nationalists didn't wanted to live under Russia led union.

Pugilist

Country flag
A rather long video but one of the best and most comprehensive analysis of Russian tactics, demolition of western propaganda etc etc.

SCOTT RITTER traverses a lot of ground from strategic, geo politics, battle tactics in Ukraine to how Nazis have highjacked Ukraine.

Must watch especially for those idiots who blindly regurgitate American propaganda on this forum.

Blademaster

This guy, John Mearsheimer, is pretty bang on target with his analysis.

Among the salient points he brought up:
The much more important point is: he understands that he cannot conquer Ukraine and integrate it into a greater Russia or into a reincarnation of the former Soviet Union. He can’t do that. What he’s doing in Ukraine is fundamentally different. He is obviously lopping off some territory. He’s going to take some territory away from Ukraine, in addition to what happened with Crimea, in 2014. Furthermore, he is definitely interested in regime change. Beyond that, it’s hard to say exactly what this will all lead to, except for the fact that he is not going to conquer all of Ukraine. It would be a blunder of colossal proportions to try to do that.

sachincba

Country flag
Ukraine's 10-point plan Journalist Farida Rustamova obtained the full list of Kyiv's proposals to Moscow on March 29

Source: Meduza
Journalist Farida Rustamova obtained a list of the written proposals Ukrainian negotiators delivered to their Russian counterparts in Istanbul on March 29, 2022. Russia and Ukraine have not agreed to these measures, but Moscow says it will study and discuss the ideas. Russia’s lead negotiator, Kremlin adviser Vladimir Medinsky, summarized some of these proposals to journalists on Tuesday, while Rustamova got access to the text of the communiqué. Meduza translated Ukraine's proposals below. Kyiv's fundamental offer to Russia is “permanent neutrality.”
Proposal 1: Ukraine proclaims itself a neutral state, promising to remain nonaligned with any blocs and refrain from developing nuclear weapons — in exchange for international legal guarantees. Possible guarantor states include Russia, Great Britain, China, the United States, France, Turkey, Germany, Canada, Italy, Poland, and Israel, and other states would also be welcome to join the treaty.
Proposal 2: These international security guarantees for Ukraine would not extend to Crimea, Sevastopol, or certain areas of the Donbas. The parties to the agreement would need to define the boundaries of these regions or agree that each party understands these boundaries differently.
Proposal 3: Ukraine vows not to join any military coalitions or host any foreign military bases or troop contingents. Any international military exercises would be possible only with the consent of the guarantor-states. For their part, these guarantors confirm their intention to promote Ukraine’s membership in the European Union.
Proposal 4: Ukraine and the guarantor-states agree that (in the event of aggression, any armed attack against Ukraine, or any military operation against Ukraine) each of the guarantor-states, after urgent and immediate mutual consultations (which must be held within three days) on the exercise of the right to individual or collective self-defense (as recognized by Article 51 of the UN Charter) will provide (in response to and on the basis of an official appeal by Ukraine) assistance to Ukraine, as a permanently neutral state under attack. This aid will be facilitated through the immediate implementation of such individual or joint actions as may be necessary, including the closure of Ukraine’s airspace, the provision of necessary weapons, the use of armed force with the goal of restoring and then maintaining Ukraine’s security as a permanently neutral state.
Proposal 5: Any such armed attack (any military operation at all) and all measures taken as a result will be reported immediately to the UN Security Council. Such measures will cease when the UNSC takes the measures needed to restore and maintain international peace and security.
Proposal 6: Implementing protections against possible provocations, the agreement will regulate the mechanism for fulfilling Ukraine’s security guarantees based on the results of consultations between Ukraine and the guarantor-states.
Proposal 7: The treaty provisionally applies from the date it is signed by Ukraine and all or most guarantor-states. The treaty enters force after (1) Ukraine’s permanently neutral status is approved in a nationwide referendum, (2) the introduction of the appropriate amendments in Ukraine’s Constitution,and (3) ratification in the parliaments of Ukraine and the guarantor-states.
Proposal 8: The parties’ desire to resolve issues related to Crimea and Sevastopol shall be committed to bilateral negotiations between Ukraine and Russia for a period of 15 years. Ukraine and Russia also pledge not to resolve these issues by military means and to continue diplomatic resolution efforts.
Proposal 9: The parties shall continue consultations (with the involvement of other guarantor-states) to prepare and agree on the provisions of a Treaty on Security Guarantees for Ukraine, ceasefire modalities, the withdrawal of troops and other paramilitary formations, and the opening and ensuring of safe-functioning humanitarian corridors on an ongoing basis, as well as the exchange of dead bodies and the release of prisoners of war and interned civilians.
Proposal 10: The parties consider it possible to hold a meeting between the presidents of Ukraine and Russia for the purpose of signing a treaty and/or adopting political decisions regarding other remaining unresolved issues.
Good... So Russian demands seem to be mostly met for both neutrality, Donbas and Crimea. The proposal does not explicitly refer them as part of Russia or independent. But considering that Ukraine will be neutral and Russia will be free to do anything in these areas, effectively means Ukraine giving up its right on those areas. Referendum would be unnecessary waste of time. Let us see what Russia wants now.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Russian drones are flying around destroying everything in Ukraine. How can Ukrainians shoot down fast expensive Sukhois but slow cheap drones are still flying? The first week of the war Ukrainians shot down some low flying Sukois using MANPADs but since then Ukrainians air defenses have been largely destroyed and Russian aircraft started flying higher, using electronics warfare and AWACS aircraft. Even pro Ukrainian propaganda in the video below is showing how Ukrainian soldiers are running and fleeing because of Russian drones.

Ukrainians have almost no air defenses besides short range MANPADs. Russia posted videos of destruction of S-300s and BUKs. In fact more Ukrainian aircraft have been shot down the past week, with even the Ukrainian Ministry of defense acknowledging losses

Sukois and Russian helicopters are operating in Ukrainian airspace every day. The Russian ministry of defense releases videos often.

Dead Ukrainian pilots confirmed:

View attachment 147732
View attachment 147733

Destroyed Ukrainian aircraft, there is a lot more but just a few pictures for proof:

View attachment 147741
View attachment 147740

Ukrainian BUK destroyed:

Orion drone destroying Ukrainian artillery:

SU-25 from a few days ago destroying Ukrainian targets:

I'm tired of repeating myself.
Where the Russian Aerospace Forces can operate with impunity, they use free-fall bombs. Where they know they will be shot down, cruise missiles are used. You just believe in the power of Russian aviation. But it's not.

When drones fly by - don’t even announce an air raid alert.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
As for tactics and ATGMs, I disagree. I notice that you still have to stick your head out in the open to acquire the targets and that makes you very visible to overhead UAVs with imaging equipment. So I suspect that from now on, armor units will send their UAVs ahead to screen the enemy forces out and have spotters at the standby to take those ATGMS teams out. No armor unit operates in itself. You always have to have infantry support to be successful.
Modern MPATGM available with PRC and Pakistan can have range up to 4 km. It will be very difficult to engage such nimble target on the contrary tank is a juicy target.
We must not to forget it will not be easy to have complete air-superiority over this countries so our UAVs can't always be doing forward recon also we don't have enough UAVs to send them ahead of our armor every time.
Enemy also has UAVs, helicopter, aircraft armed with ATGMS.

The debate as viability of tank as a potent weapon has already begin. Some of the biggest flaws in tank doctrine has become evident in Russia-Ukraine conflict
  1. Tanks require a massive logistic support system
  2. Tank on Tank battle are highly unlikely in today's environment as they use to have during WW2 or during cold-war
  3. Tank are juicy targets for enemy ATGMs and with level of sophistication of ATGMs tank hits are > 90%
  4. Tank is no longer the terror weapon it used to be
Though tank will remain an weapon in army it will no longer be the premier strike weapon. The role has again been reclaimed by infantry.

indiatester

Country flag
I think we are being a bit harsh on Akim here, his nazi rhetoric not withstanding. He belongs to a country which is losing a war and our taunt might not be the easiest thing to deal with so give him a slack. He deserves this much because at the end of the day he is at least not a no Izzat Porki.
I agree. @Akim 's country is under attack and (s)he is supporting it in everyway (s)he can. I don't think (s)he has any luxury of choice in who his/her other comrades are.
There is also no point in asking about Azov atrocities etc because 1) fog of war and 2) (s)he is not responsible for it.
I sincerely wish that (s)he comes out on the other side of this war unscathed and happy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles