Right to Education

Bachchu Yadav

THE CONSTITUTION (EIGHTY-SIXTH AMENDMENT) ACT, 2002
[12th December, 2002.]

An Act further to amend the Constitution of India. .
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-third Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Act may be called the Constitution (Eighty-sixth Amendment) Act, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.

2. Insertion of new article 21A.- After article 21 of the Constitution, the following article shall be inserted, namely:-
Right to education.-

"21A. The State shall provide free and compulsory education to all children of the age of six to fourteen years in such
manner as the State may, by law, determine.".

3. Substitution of new article for article 45.- For article 45 of the Constitution,the following article shall be
substituted, namely:- .

Provision for early childhood care and education to children below the age of six years.
"45. The State shall endeavour to provide early childhood care and education for all children until they complete the
age of six years.".

4. Amendment of article 51A.- In article 51A of the Constitution, after clause (J), the following clause shall be added,
namely:-

"(k) who is a parent or guardian to provide opportunities for education to his child or, as the case may be, ward between
the age of six and fourteen years.".

SUBHASH C. JAIN,
Secy. to the Govt. of India.

Bachchu Yadav

Now you are a idiot and retard, Who is so shamelessly not answering the question.

Is RTE a legal right or fundamental right ?

pankaj nema

Country flag
That Stupid HALF PAGE summary you have put is NOT even the DRAFT bill

First post the RTE ACT that was passed in 2009

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Bacchu and Pankaj, you both will not post in this thread for the next one hour. Any violation will lead to a three day ban.

Tolaha

A separate article has been written in constitution as article 21(A).

You did not answer my question . Is RTE a legal right or Fundamental right ?
You still not answered the question , Is RTE a legal right or fundmental right ?

Don't act like a fool, Answer that question .
I remember all , But why don't you answer it , Is RTE a legal right or fundamental right ?
I know ,MNREGA and coming right to food are legal right.

Now you tell me , Is RTE a legal right or Fundamental right ?
You are fleeing as not to answer it. You are a coward or answer that.

What does our constituition say ? Is RTE a legal right or fundamental right ?
This is nice. Someone who never bothers to reply to others statements... is being given a taste of his own medicine! :thumb:

Adux

Country flag
Both Pankaj and Yadav, is correct on this, it is both a law and a fundamental right, but it is not a fundamental right that can be enforced in the usual kind of way.

Adux

Country flag
RTE is now a fundamental right under right to freedom. But then tell me about one right that has been in place in true spirit.

For me, the implementation is wrong not the idea. Education is key to solve a lot of problems. But then it cannot be at the expense of others.

We are not building institutions. Mere subsidies will not help.
The Government is making other people throw money and their infrastructure at a problem, which they should be fixing by themselves.

Adux

Country flag
Soon middle class will have to ask for subsidies. I mean I am paying 40k each for my daughter and son and will have to brace up for more. Add to that, books, uniform, transport, it's 60k per child.

And we will also be the ones who will have to pay 100/- for a liter of petrol so that the government can raise funds for subsidies, pay IT, pay sales tax, pay excise. Bah!!!
Tamil Nadu government is coming up with rules to control fees, and make it a maximum of Rs.1000/month irrespective of quality of education or location. That would mean in a country which face 95% dropout at X, and which requires enormous number of new schools, they are making nonviable extremely for a reason.

Adux

Country flag
The Rich dont care about Corruption nor do the Poor, ah, the middle class

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Is a convent under the RTE? These schools don't take govt grants I think.

What about the international schools that have come up whose fees range from 1lac -2 lacs a year!
convent wont be affetced by this law because simply they can argue that they had establish school for betterment of chrisitan community just like AMU WHICH is not argued that it was established for betterment of muslems

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What's really funny is that so many whining in the democracy. Why so na? After all they are our elected representatives. We vote for castes, religion and shit but are not ready to face the consequences of such voting- height of hypocrisy.

Seriously,people need to straighten their priorities.

My point is simple-middle class and its voting pattern. Yusuf bhai said there are various reasons for intellectuals voting to CONs . Off that's true now s the time for them to pay the price. You can't have the cake and eat it too.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Whatever Kapil Sibal does it is all populist and thoughtless.

Another Arjun Singh in the making.

Education is GOVERNMENT'S Business. They are incapable of giving education to all. The Govt schools don't even have teachers and those that have, are hardly qualified or motivated to teach. Should the Govt not apply their minds there?

Without getting into details of the flaw, it is suffice to say, Kapil Sibal has a Communist way of approach - if you cannot make the poor rich, then drag all down and make them poor - equality is thus achieved!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
convent wont be affetced by this law because simply they can argue that they had establish school for betterment of chrisitan community just like AMU WHICH is not argued that it was established for betterment of muslems
Convent and Christian schools will be affected.

Loreto House (convent) and Don Bosco will have to go by the new rules - they are govt assisted.

What they are now deciding is that they will not take Govt aid and so be out of this issue!

AMU will not be affected since it is applicable to schools and not colleges as I understand.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
ok one more question this private run schools aidded or non-aidded are managed by some trust whose ultimate head is some politican , so through this act a politican run school would surlly get fess of 25% of students . second he will gets lots of influence in privately runed school specailly those in non-metroes

in mumbai like metroes were we have super powerfull schools they would continue their fees rasing festival/yera and gov would keep paying money would to them to everyyear

its same like sick sugar factories run by maharashtrain politicans in maharashtra . out-dated technologies never makes profit allthough its head becomes richer by day. they never repays loans and its GoM which has become their gurantoors

Adux

Country flag
Convent and Christian schools will be affected.

Loreto House (convent) and Don Bosco will have to go by the new rules - they are govt assisted.

What they are now deciding is that they will not take Govt aid and so be out of this issue!

AMU will not be affected since it is applicable to schools and not colleges as I understand.
They cannot, RTE applies to all school, irrespective of government aid unless they are minority certifications

Last edited:

Global Defence

Articles