PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
AMD Ryzen 3000 Prices in India Revealed, Reviews Coming Soon

These prices are excluding the GST TAX (18%). The 3200G and the 3400G are one of the most price efficient SKUs we’ve seen in the desktop market. For just 10K, you can get a CPU-GPU combo for casual 1080p-720p gaming and general day-to-day use. Moving up the ladder, you’ve got the Ryzen 3600 priced at 14,490 and the 3600X at 17,690. Both these chips are priced in the same range as the 2600 and the 2600X and offer substantially better performance.

At the top, you’ve got the Ryzen 7 3700X, 3800X and the Ryzen 9 3900X priced at 24,990, 28,490 and 35,990, respectively. Again these prices aren’t final and will include 18% GST TAX...

https://www.techquila.co.in/amd-ryzen-3000-prices-in-india/

Haldiram

Country flag

A chauhan

Country flag
I'm out of touch with gaming since 2 years now.

Which graphics card goes well with this new set of AMD processors? Are there games that can take advantage of the 16 cores?
I don't think there are games which take advantage of multiple cores, but soon there might be patches for the same by gaming companies. AMD is also launching RX5700 series of GPU.

I guess it can handle any high end GPU e.g. 1080 or 2080.

A chauhan

Country flag
No. :(

Naaye game ki kya baat kar rahe ho, purane game bhi nahi khel paaya in do saalon me. Lag raha hai COD 4 khelneko mil jaaye toh dil khush ho jayega.
PUBG khelo bro, you will take at least 6 months to get bored to it. Then too it will always feel new, and it's an ideal game in my view.:) Damn addictive.

You can hide in grass, use snipers, ARs, scopes. You can throw granades strategically, use smoke grenades tactically. It has three classic modes solo, duo and squad. 100 players land, last man, duo or squad standing wins. Too much fun. I am playing it for 7 months, still crave in my office to play it :laugh: btw I play it with my Bhanja and 2 friends. Bhanja is studying in LPU but servers work amazingly, we talk real time make strategy. Great game in my view, one final word it's not repetitive.

Last edited:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
PUBG khelo bro, you will take at least 6 months to get bored to it. Then too it will always feel new, and it's an ideal game in my view.:) Damn addictive.

You can hide in grass, use snipers, ARs, scopes. You can throw granades strategically, use smoke grenades tactically. It has three classic modes solo, duo and squad. 100 players land, last man, duo or squad standing wins.
mobile or emulator?
now days as season ending is around the corner...hackers pop up to push their ranks with wall hacks , aim bots and what not.....there is no such match where my team wasn't fcuked by hackers....

A chauhan

Country flag
mobile or emulator?
now days as season ending is around the corner...hackers pop up to push their ranks with wall hacks , aim bots and what not.....there is no such match where my team wasn't fcuked by hackers....
:hmm: there might be hackers, but I have faced them once or twice out of 100s of matches. I play in both mobile and emulator. Now I have installed Ping pc lite as well which was launched on this 4rth July.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
:hmm: there might be hackers, but I have faced them once or twice out of 100s of matches. I play in both mobile and emulator. Now I have installed Ping pc lite as well which was launched on this 4rth July.
Pc lite doesnt have anti cheat codes.... possibility of hackers is high......

Haldiram

Country flag

You can hide in grass, use snipers, ARs, scopes. You can throw granades strategically, use smoke grenades tactically. It has three classic modes solo, duo and squad. 100 players land, last man, duo or squad standing wins. Too much fun. I am playing it for 7 months, still crave in my office to play it :laugh: btw I play it with my Bhanja and 2 friends. Bhanja is studying in LPU but servers work amazingly, we talk real time make strategy. Great game in my view, one final word it's not repetitive.
I want to.

I've always been unlucky with my Desktops. Benco, kuch na kuch ho jata hai. My first one got blown due to brownouts, second one got shorted due to moisture or dust what I don't know. No desktop I've had has lasted for more than 2 years. For all the curses I heap on laptops for being twice as expensive as similar spec-ed desktops, it's been laptops that have given me 7+ years of longevity.

Laptops have good circuitry to prevent overcurrent and undercurrent, that keeps them alive longer and deliver more bang for the buck through longevity, even though they are underpowered. Anyway, I might be changing houses in a year so finding space for the Desktop rig + stabilizer + UPS will be an issue. So I'm thinking whether to revive my Desktop (just need new GPU, which burned last time), or shall I forget the keeda of customization and overclocking and take a one time hit and get a gaming laptop and finish the matter forever. Projector bhi lena tha. Address change ke chakkar me wo bhi atka hua hai. Fish tank bhi leni thi. Bencho...sabh pending pending.

A chauhan

Country flag
I want to.

I've always been unlucky with my Desktops. Benco, kuch na kuch ho jata hai. My first one got blown due to brownouts, second one got shorted due to moisture or dust what I don't know. No desktop I've had has lasted for more than 2 years. For all the curses I heap on laptops for being twice as expensive as similar spec-ed desktops, it's been laptops that have given me 7+ years of longevity.

Laptops have good circuitry to prevent overcurrent and undercurrent, that keeps them alive longer and deliver more bang for the buck through longevity, even though they are underpowered. Anyway, I might be changing houses in a year so finding space for the Desktop rig + stabilizer + UPS will be an issue. So I'm thinking whether to revive my Desktop (just need new GPU, which burned last time), or shall I forget the keeda of customization and overclocking and take a one time hit and get a gaming laptop and finish the matter forever. Projector bhi lena tha. Address change ke chakkar me wo bhi atka hua hai. Fish tank bhi leni thi. Bencho...sabh pending pending.
I also have postponed sound system plans for address change :(

PUBG pc lite can be played on 10 years old laptop, as it is claimed. My budget build i3 6100 with 1050ti gives 60+ fps in ultra settings. So you can just guess, you still might be having good laptop, which laptop you are using ?

Haldiram

Country flag
I also have postponed sound system plans for address change :(

PUBG pc lite can be played on 10 years old laptop, as it is claimed. My budget build i3 6100 with 1050ti gives 60+ fps in ultra settings. So you can just guess, you still might be having good laptop, which laptop you are using ?
I'm using HP laptop with i3. But I've put Ubuntu on it. << That's a sign that a guy has given up on gaming life. I'll just buy a GPU and revive the Desktop. No point procrastinating. Baki, ek saal baad dekha jayega.

There are good soundbars that are almost as good as a full home theater. Get a Yamaha YAS-108, has 2 inbuilt sub-woofers + mini-tweeter speakers all in a single bar, no need for separate surround speakers, anyway the wires and mounting of 5 speakers is a pain. Nice, small setup, easy to transport while shifting homes.

It has speakers on both sides to throw the Left-Right channel sounds to bounce off the wall and create a surround effect.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
I have been looking at a mid range laptop approx - 1 to 1.2lakh. with good thermals and slim design ( i know both don't gel together well:shoot:)

Need 16 GB RAM atleast, but the prices in India are so expensive compared to US for the same laptops.

Lets wait and see if AMD reveals new gen laptops with their latest processors.

A chauhan

Country flag
I'm using HP laptop with i3. But I've put Ubuntu on it. << That's a sign that a guy has given up on gaming life. I'll just buy a GPU and revive the Desktop. No point procrastinating. Baki, ek saal baad dekha jayega.

There are good soundbars that are almost as good as a full home theater. Get a Yamaha YAS-108, has 2 inbuilt sub-woofers + mini-tweeter speakers all in a single bar, no need for separate surround speakers, anyway the wires and mounting of 5 speakers is a pain. Nice, small setup, easy to transport while shifting homes.

It has speakers on both sides to throw the Left-Right channel sounds to bounce off the wall and create a surround effect.

Actually for me size does matter :biggrin2:

I have built an MLTL (Mass Loaded Transmission Line) speaker just for my hobby and fun :biggrin2: and it is 5 feet tall which is working as expected, it sounds as heavy as theatre and clear as well, I'll build one more similar speaker, but my mom is scolding me for its size :rofl:. That is why I have postponed it.

Install Pubg Pc lite asap it's free, try it first if it runs smooth then you don't need a GPU. Although a GPU is still desirable. But for pubg mobile tencent gaming buddy emulator you definitely need a good GPU. Both can be played on pc.

https://lite.pubg.com/download/
Check your system specs...

Minimum System Requirements
OSWindows 7,8,10, 64bit
CPUCore i3 2.4GHz
RAM4GB
GPUDirectX11 Intel HD Graphics 4000
HDD4GB

Recommended System Requirements
OSWindows 7,8,10, 64bit
CPUCore i5 2.8GHz
RAM8GB
GPUDirectX11 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 or
AMD Radeon HD 7870
HDD4GB

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I'm using HP laptop with i3. But I've put Ubuntu on it. << That's a sign that a guy has given up on gaming life.
For most it was never about gaming but giving up on the dumpster fire known as Windows 10.

Haldiram

Country flag
I have been looking at a mid range laptop approx - 1 to 1.2lakh. with good thermals and slim design ( i know both don't gel together well:shoot:)

Need 16 GB RAM atleast, but the prices in India are so expensive compared to US for the same laptops.

Lets wait and see if AMD reveals new gen laptops with their latest processors.
Ye accha hai na?

upload_2019-7-10_13-50-2.png

RAM is upgradable to 32GB.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles