Paksitani TV serials seem to be of Very High Quality

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I watched a few and they are very impressive eg
actresses are equally beautiful as their indian counterparts , actors more handsome , taller , better build ?
and the music in the above was better than indian ( certain parts of it where the pop music band came on )...... or is it merely that their make-up artistes are better ?
the Pakistanis shown on this program seem more masterly and carry themselves superbly ( is it moghul influence ?), architecture seems better, furnishings better, dancing better ..... hmmm these pakistani actors and actresses should come to bollywood india for better mutual benefit - otherwise all we get is veena M (!) even though i think Meera was great !

admittedly i havent watched enough Pakistani tv serials .... as such i am requesting the opinion of this forum -------- what does this forum think ?

incidentally to those who are wondering, let me clarify ......when it comes to defence matters im more biased towards india , but in cultural matters somehow i seem to feel that pakistan has the edge , even though i wished it were india , but i cant deny the fact that pakistan seems to have the edge in cultural quality ?

well in that case i'll congratulate both nations - jai hind and pakistan zindabad - even if we cant seem to agree on the border, at least let's try to cooperate on cultural matters ?

your opinions please .especially Pakistani members like
ref @Neo @Zarvan
also indian members :-
@angeldude13 @anupamsurey @bose @brational @blueblood @Bangalorean @ersakthivel @Blackwater @bengalraider @cobra commando @DingDong @Hari Sud @Kunal Biswas @LETHALFORCE @mhk99 @Neil @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sorcerer @TejasMK3 @Yusuf @jackprince @Bangalorean @indiandefencefan @aliyah @hit&run @VIP @Razor @Blood+ @SANITY @Screambowl @Sylex21 @tsunami @Zebra
@jaci_zenfone2
@roma
Will reply in detail later, but I completely disagree that any of them should be let into India/Bollywood to further their careers. We shouldn't be allowing even one of them inside. There have been discussions on this forum in the past regarding the same topic (allowing Paki artists in India). You can go through those and see the reasons.
you are absolutely right ! my mistake in terms of choice of words ...i have edited and made a correction to read "mutual benefit" ...i.e. both bollywood and the actress concerned might benefit ....... but i understand you and others might object to that for good reasons too ...i will try seek out those threads you referred to ...no offence sir .... and i hope on cultural matters we can allow more leeway, especially as regards certain SPECIFIC actresses ?

Last edited:

pmaitra

@roma, when Tom Cruise acts in films, he is usually cast in a way where others are smaller in stature than him, to make him look bigger.

Are you falling for the Aman ki Tamasha stuff? Well, to each his/her own.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
@roma

Will reply in detail later, but I completely disagree that any of them should be let into India/Bollywood to further their careers. We shouldn't be allowing even one of them inside. There have been discussions on this forum in the past regarding the same topic (allowing Paki artists in India). You can go through those and see the reasons.

Zarvan

actresses more beautiful than indian, actors more handsome , taller , better build ?
and the music in the above was better than indian ( certain parts of it where the pop music band came on )...... or is it merely that their make-up artistes are better ?
the Pakistanis shown on this program seem more masterly and carry themselves superbly ( is it moghul influence ?), architecture seems better, furnishings better, dancing better ..... hmmm these pakistani actors and actresses should come to bollywood india for better career development - otherwise all we get is veena M (!) even though i think Meera was great !

admittedly i havent watched enough Pakistani tv serials .... as such i am requesting the opinion of this forum -------- what does this forum think ?

incidentally to those who are wondering, let me clarify ......when it comes to defence matters im more biased towards india , but in cultural matters somehow i seem to feel that pakistan has the edge , even though i wished it were india , but i cant deny the fact that pakistan seems to have the edge in cultural quality ?

well in that case i'll congratulate both nations - jai hind and pakistan zindabad - even if we cant seem to agree on the border, at least let's try to cooperate on cultural matters ?

your opinions please .especially Pakistani members like
ref @Neo @Zarvan
also indian members :-
@angeldude13 @anupamsurey @bose @brational @blueblood @Bangalorean @ersakthivel @Blackwater @bengalraider @cobra commando @DingDong @Hari Sud @Kunal Biswas @LETHALFORCE @mhk99 @Neil @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sorcerer @TejasMK3 @Yusuf @jackprince @Bangalorean @indiandefencefan @aliyah @hit&run @VIP @Razor @Blood+ @SANITY @Screambowl @Sylex21 @tsunami @Zebra
@jaci_zenfone2
Indian dramas are nothing but torture cell

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I'm not interested in this family drama series. I only love comedy shows but not all of them are good. Tarak Mehta has lost its edge a long time ago. The only best show I've ever seen on Indian Television is "Sarabhai vs Sarabhai".

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
@roma :dude: I don't watch dramas.
I laugh in the face of fear.
I LOL in the face of danger.
I eat glass pieces in breakfast.
But when they tell me to watch these love dramas,I hid myself in the closet like a little kid hiding from boogey man.

Blackwater

Pakis serials were interesting and popular in 80ties and may be 90ties because of these facts

That time there were no cell phones around

that time doordarshan was worst than somalia

people got time not so rush rush life.

Now days all paki woman watch Indian serial because of these reasons

obsessed with India and Indian kufur Hindu culture.

indian serial extravaganza sets, sareees,dress,jewelry

paki woman like bitchiness and leg pulling and conspiracies in Indian serials

so @Zarvan what ever your topic is ,the fact is Indian serials and channels are more popular in pakis home than india

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I do not watch either Indian or Pakistani TV serials.

Indian serials are dumb and nauseating.

Pakistanis TV serials are slow boring and bigoted.

Having said that the Pakistani serial I watch frequently is Kabaarnaak. I like it for its Punjabi jugatbazzi and few topics they touch upon language and geography. The history they discuss is biased at times.

anupamsurey

Country flag
@roma, i dont know what to make of it. I have watched some paki shows but they are just like Indian sops. but I agree that their pop songs in those shows are good. anyway suits personally. I hate drama serials, i love sitcoms, certain internet shows and few other genres. btw have you watched korean shows.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
actresses are equally beautiful as their indian counterparts , actors more handsome , taller , better build ?
the Pakistanis shown on this program seem more masterly and carry themselves superbly ( is it moghul influence ?), architecture seems better, furnishings better, dancing better ..... hmmm these pakistani actors and actresses should come to bollywood india for better mutual benefit - otherwise all we get is veena M (!) even though i think Meera was great !

I do not watch serials regularly I only watch when my family members force me to by grabbing mt remote, But I think there is quality in India !

blueblood

@roma , I too have heard the same. They did a good job of making their audiences letting go of shit that is presented here.

India used to make excellent TV shows before the advent of Ekta Kapoor and her tribe. It was all downhill from there. OTOH Pakis are yet to make a Surabhi or a Nukkad. They have decent actors but nowhere close to the superb actors Indian TV had back them. Back then, many of the NSD (National School of Drama) alumni found their way into TV.

Now they hire any decent looking tom, dick and harry from a small city with no talent whatsoever for a minimal salary (industry has now abandoned per episode pay).

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Pakistani stage dramas are bone cracking funny, but some times they cross the line when spout against India and Hindus. If have to watch Punjabi comedy I will watch Pakistani comedy any day over Indian side of Punjabi comedy who many times steal Pakistani content, are shoddy ''bonkbazzi'' loud barking.

Now a days Indian Punjabi content is all about sexy skirt wearing chick and transvestite gays pretending to the sole custodian of Punjabi Sabyachaar (Culture). Fukrey BC.

GokuInd

What's with the newfound Pakophilia, @roma ?
IMO nothing but total embargo suffices. Boycott all cultural, sports and economic relations and suspend all "talks". A great boon for Indian taxpayers BTW. Let's see who crumbles first!

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Indian dramas are nothing but torture cell
Indian dramas were at same spot may be better 20 years back, like Pakistani dramas are now. But today the Indian industry focuses more towards profit than quality.

Pakistani production will change when they are rich after 20 years. You guys have just started LOL!!

Illusive

Country flag
@roma @pmaitra Its a good thing for us, competition will bring a change into the madness that is Indian drama( or movies for that matter).

When India gets out of the mentality of formula's for audience then we could expect something good, the thing is these Indian dramas are shoved down the throat of people because there is no other alternative apart from dance shows which nowdays have become a formula too and the people watch them like a sheep(older generation like mums)

This will change when people like roma will demand for better drama or movies and they find alternatives.

When TRP's fall and they notice it growing towards paki drama, then these Indian producers will realize their mistake or become more competitive or aware of the taste of the present generation.

Illusive

Country flag
Indian dramas were at same spot may be better 20 years back, like Pakistani dramas are now. But today the Indian industry focuses more towards profit than quality.

Pakistani production will change when they are rich after 20 years. You guys have just started LOL!!
What about western drama, how they make quality stuff and get lots of profits too. Its profit driven in India but thats just partly the reason, the bigger reason is they can't come up with something better or original. Intellectual or lets say artistic laziness on Indian part.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles