Pakistan's Ideology and Identity crisis

Shankar Deb

Country flag
A bigger threat than pakistan are people like you living in some kind of a dream world until reality comes knocking.

Kashmiri pandits should be a good example of what happens when you grow lax and put too much trust.
What happened to the Pandits was, and is, outrageous. Yet we allowed it to persist for decades. Why? How can a section of Indians be a refuge in India. It is a collective shame, and we are all responsible.

On the other hand the Pandits cannot go back without some sort of security, so this is a political problem, not a security one alone. Steps taken by this government has started the reconciliation process, and hopefully things will improve to a level that ensures safety to enable the return of the Pandits.

As far as the "reality comes knocking" stage, I will be as scared as the next person

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@Shankar Deb lad listen here the Standard for a radical party of Pakistan are quite different. What is heinous to us might be pretty casual to then.
And last but not the least politics has no affect on Paksitans policy, the military controls all.

Go through this thread, lurk some more.
Everything you are trying to put emphasise on has already been discussed in various thread thoughout the forum.

Pakistani politics and culture isn't something you can gauge by Indian eduaction standards.

shade

Country flag
>b-but muh 5%

"Radicalization" that would shock other countries is mainstream in Pakistan, promoted primarily by their Army/ISI and the clergy there, the 5% that you tote about do over the top bullshit just to distinguish them from the other mullahs, since even the base line Paki wants shariah kanoon and venerates the "martyrs" who shoot and kill supposed "blasphemers".
Pakistan is so saturated with Islamic bigotry that it becomes hard for parties to distinguish themselves from other Parties on the basis or religion.
Which is why Immy's party has so many supports, it promises a welfare state of gibsmedats, not more religion, because Sharia kanoon, Islam in every sphere of life, veneration of "good jihadis" is a base line that cannot be compromised there, nor can it be "built" further upon, since it is already at it's peak.

In anycase Democracy in Pakistan is a scam, the real power always lies in the hands of their Army and secondly their Ulema.
Immy Chan is just a puppet who is controlled by Papa John or whoever is his replacement.

Shankar Deb

Country flag
@ezsasa we have had this for over 100s of times.
Check his IP if he's a paki or a duplicate account.
Might just be commie Jadavpur lad fantasizing to write a thesis on Paki culture.
I am not a "Paki", nor a duplicate, nor a Jadavpur commie, and am too old to start to write a book. I am as right wing as they come, but with thinking abilities, I hope. Sorry to disappoint you.

As proof, read my thread "Taming the Dragon"

Shankar Deb

Country flag
>b-but muh 5%

"Radicalization" that would shock other countries is mainstream in Pakistan, promoted primarily by their Army/ISI and the clergy there, the 5% that you tote about do over the top bullshit just to distinguish them from the other mullahs, since even the base line Paki wants shariah kanoon and venerates the "martyrs" who shoot and kill supposed "blasphemers".
Pakistan is so saturated with Islamic bigotry that it becomes hard for parties to distinguish themselves from other Parties on the basis or religion.
Which is why Immy's party has so many supports, it promises a welfare state of gibsmedats, not more religion, because Sharia kanoon, Islam in every sphere of life, veneration of "good jihadis" is a base line that cannot be compromised there, nor can it be "built" further upon, since it is already at it's peak.

In anycase Democracy in Pakistan is a scam, the real power always lies in the hands of their Army and secondly their Ulema.
Immy Chan is just a puppet who is controlled by Papa John or whoever is his replacement.
I entirely agree with you that their society is deeply wounded, and only they would have to heal themselves. We can only wish them luck.

Shankar Deb

Country flag
@Shankar Deb lad listen here the Standard for a radical party of Pakistan are quite different. What is heinous to us might be pretty casual to then.
And last but not the least politics has no affect on Paksitans policy, the military controls all.

Go through this thread, lurk some more.
Everything you are trying to put emphasise on has already been discussed in various thread thoughout the forum.

Pakistani politics and culture isn't something you can gauge by Indian eduaction standards.
I have lived in the East, West and North of India, and have traveled the rest of India extensively. Also I have gone to many countries and interacted with the locals. My own understanding is that people everywhere are the same, they are concerned about the same things, jobs, salaries, getting married, getting admission for their children in good schools, inflation, security and such mundane things. So I disagree with the 1st part of your comment.

Radicals are a different breed, and they are in every society, because, for them, it is easier to hate. Thankfully they are a minuscule minority, even if very vocal, and prone to violence and intimidation.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I have lived in the East, West and North of India, and have traveled the rest of India extensively. Also I have gone to many countries and interacted with the locals. My own understanding is that people everywhere are the same, they are concerned about the same things, jobs, salaries, getting married, getting admission for their children in good schools, inflation, security and such mundane things. So I disagree with the 1st part of your comment.

Radicals are a different breed, and they are in every society, because, for them, it is easier to hate. Thankfully they are a minuscule minority, even if very vocal, and prone to violence and intimidation.
finally someone talking some sense.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
My own understanding is that people everywhere are the same, they are concerned about the same things, jobs, salaries, getting married, getting admission for their children in good schools, inflation, security and such mundane things.
These all are primary needs and when all these get satisfied people go for secondary stuff like Religion, ideology and political belief. U went all over the world and didn't realize this simple fact

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Parliament attack required only 5 terrorists, silent majority does not matter when it comes to terrorism.
India's issue is not with their radicalisation, let their radicals blow up their own people, that's none of our concern.
Our issue is that they send their terrorists our way, to spread terror in our country.

Shankar Deb

Country flag
Parliament attack required only 5 terrorists, silent majority does not matter when it comes to terrorism.
India's issue is not with their radicalisation, let their radicals blow up their own people, that's none of our concern.
Our issue is that they send their terrorists our way, to spread terror in our country.
Completely agree

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag

No the base line must be aligned to complete non interference in others affairs and no expansionist aims of any kind,either through conversions or prolystization for a muslim to be considered non radical.

The ones engaged in relatively normal behaviour are just support personal and willrise up along with the radicals against you where it matters in time and at the very least not help you get displaced or get harmed in any way.

My standard for non radicalization is if a society will chiefly support an outgroup religious person if he blasphemes aginst Islam.

In Pakistan ,muslims minorities like Shias get persecuted for their differences and so there is no need to talk about other minorities which are almost finished anyways.

Anyways I am not against pakis being radical as I don't think they will ever be better and that is something I can bet on and we bharatians should deal with if you know what I mean.They can be radical,it is just that all other civilizations and religious types including atheists should be just as in group biased and radical as they are to counter.let them concentrate in their islamic shitholes.

In case of Muslim minorities in non muslim countries,they must be subject complete and forced integration into culture and country to remove all avenues of rebellion.do just like France is doing now and ideally be like china.

Shankar Deb

Country flag
Sir If you think that Pakistani Civilians
Are Normal people

All of them HATE India and Hindus
And want to Defeat India in A War

Most of North India returns that complement. Yes they also want to defeat us, so would you, if you had 90,000 of our army captured and more than half the country bifurcated.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles