Pakistanis want to be Arabs?

VaghaDeva

sum gai
Haven't you had enough come on bruh the children are waiting they ain't gonna suck themselves you know

VaghaDeva

sum gai
When are you going to give up? this has gone on since Wednesday.

Hamza Baloch

When are you going to give up? this has gone on since Wednesday.
Give up on what? You all claim that we are trying to be arabs and I refute that claim; and then In a state of denial - you resort to racist, profane and disgusting comments - and I reply to that as well.

VaghaDeva

sum gai
Give up on what? You all claim that we are trying to be arabs and I refute that claim; and then In a state of denial - you resort to racist, profane and disgusting comments - and I reply to that as well.
but your annoying thats what you deserve:confused1:

VaghaDeva

sum gai
Then dont reply to me or this thread. You've just been proven wrong over and over - humiliated and embarrassed over and over.
I will reply wherever I feel like whenever I feel like. Your nothing more than a pathological liar and a subhuman. You think I'd be embarrassed over something on the internet? If you think I care about what bad things some bastard on the internet thinks of me your dead wrong. Be happy with that response and fuck off.

Hamza Baloch

I will reply wherever I feel like whenever I feel like. Your nothing more than a pathological liar and a subhuman. You think I'd be embarrassed over something on the internet? If you think I care about what bad things some bastard on the internet thinks of me your dead wrong. Be happy with that response and fuck off.
Crying isnt going to do anything about it mate, this is what you all do; after being humiliated and proven wrong - resort to hate and crying.

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
@Hamza Baloch you will be forcibly converted back to Hindu/Sikhism anyway, so why all the shit talking?

Hamza Baloch

@Hamza Baloch you will be forcibly converted back to Hindu/Sikhism anyway, so why all the shit talking?
Nah, by the time you're done converting one Muslim at least 1000 Hindus will convert to Islam. Hindus tend to be the easiest to convert and have the weakest faith.

And you talk about force, which force will convert me?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I dont want to be racists but indian particularly south indian are similar to africans. In fact south indians are african emigrants.
Then, how sometimes children are dark despite of White Parents or sometimes fair despite of dark parents? Tell me. :rofl:
Picture above shown are product of cross breeding. Definitely her ancestors were by product of persian or arabs.
Again, Arab- Persian and rape products left India in 1947.
You are one of those rape products. :D

VaghaDeva

sum gai

go shoot yourself in the head with a bullet dipped in pigs blood and be done with it you annoying bastard or shall I do it for you J J Pershing style:hat: I doubt your faith will save you.

Last edited:

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Hi Praneet, thanks for your message.

Well, I read about it on facebook. Akhand Bharat group, but I'm not sure whether it's true. I haven't seen any documentary evidence.
Not Kolkata, it was in Kashmir.
:india2:

sasum

I dont want to be racists but indian particularly south indian are similar to africans. In fact south indians are african emigrants. Picture above shown are product of cross breeding. Definitely her ancestors were by product of persian or arabs.
By South Indians I think, you mean ppl of Dravidian origin.
According to Continental drift theory (later known to be tectonic-plate shift), Africa and Asia were fused together. Tectonic-plate shift caused formation of a huge chasm which was filled by water from surrounding Indian Ocean. Some of the Africans remained on the north-eastern side of Indian Ocean (Indian peninsula). They are the modern day Tamil, Telugu & Malayalee. Here I reproduce an excerpt from Leopold Sedar Sengkor (President of Senegal) (Lecture delivered in Madras under the auspices of the International Institute of Tamil Studies on the 23rd May, 1974):
Negrititude and Dravidian Culture
Southern India is in the same latitude as Senegal, Mali, Niger, Chad, Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia. More than this, only the Indian Ocean separates the eastern coast of Africa from the south of India. As a matter of fact, geologists maintain that the Indian sub continent was formerly attached to East Africa. In this respect the findings of marine biology are of outstanding importance.
All that is needed, therefore, is for archeologists and pre historians to have a chance to explore the depths of the seas, to discover old lithic industries or human skeleton fossils, in the area stretching from East Africa to Southern India. Unless, of course, the Indian Ocean existed long before the human race appeared. In any case, Tamil legends refer to the existence, from time immemorial, of flourishing cities long since buried beneath the seas.
This is perhaps a reference to that stretch of land which was supposed to have linked India and Africa and was presumably engulfed by the ocean during Continental drift. I should like in passing to note that it is not at all fortuitous that early civilizations which arose in the valleys of the Nile, the Tigris and Euphrates, and lastly of the Indus, bore the marks of black men.

In any case, it is remarkable that the pithecanthrops - proconuls and australopithecs - who whilst not the ancestors of the human species, are zoologically their next of kin as infra and parahominins, proliferated simultaneously in East Africa and Southern India. Here is what Pierre Teilhard Chardin wrote in his book L’ Apparition de l’ Homme (The Appearance of man):
It was on a tropical and subtropical area of the Old World, an area which in fact extended across India to Malaysia, but basically located on the African continent, that the evolution of the higher primates gradually took place.”
Thus re-stated, this theory would not be too much at variance with Islamic belief, which claims that Adam, the father of mankind, appeared in India and Awa, our maternal ancestor, in Southern Arabia, and that they met at Harafat. It is curious coincidence that attan is the word for ’father’ in Tamil (-n and -m being interchangeable in that language) and ava, the word for ‘mother’ in Kannada (avvai in Tamil, av in Kota, ave in Kodagu)
Origin of the Dravidian Race

We know that some anthropologists tried to identify the Dravidians with what is known as “the Mediterranean race’. Such a general label which conceals gaps in our knowledge of anthropology is indeed confusing -- I had said dangerous, since it could suggest an interpretation of the concept of race in terms of geographical demarcation, whereas the notions of race, when stripped of certainly accessory details boils down essentially to skin colour. This is the sense in which we speak of ‘black race’, ‘ white race’ or ‘yellow race’.
Consequently, it might have been less ambiguous, as some experts have done, to call that Mediterranean race the “Negroid race” , since its characteristics are precisely those of the blacks in general: an elongated skull, dark or brown skin, these two adjectives being quite often euphemisms for ‘black’ .
( Notes(Loga). In Tamil there is a term ‘maRavar, maaRan’ etc a name of a group of Tamils especially in Pandiya country. It is interesting that the root ‘maRu’ also means black )
In any case, as I stated in a lecture I gave at Cairo University in February 1967, on the Foundations of Africanity or Negritude and Arabism, my professor at the Ethnological Institute in Paris, Dr. Paul Rivet, used to say: ‘ there is a ratio of 4 to 18 per cent black blood around the Mediterranean sea’. He thus referred to the Negroids of the early Paleolithic and Mesolithic - Grimaldi Man and Caspian Man -- an important group of the Mediterranean populations until the Neolithic
We shall not mention all the theories on the origins of the Dravidians, since the problem is still very much unsolved: we shall mention one only, namely, a black sub-race among the populations of Southern India. This said, we should not underrate the importance of the blood ties between Dravidians and the Black Africans , especially as the black Dravidian sub-race is the same as the black East African sub-race which is to be found in the same latitude. During my last visit to Addis Ababa, I was very much impressed with the large number of Ethiopians who, with their fine features, black skin and straight hair, look like Dravidians. I mentioned this to the Emperor who, with a knowing air, merely smiled a royal smile.
In short, as we can see, the similarity between India and Black Africa, is essentially based on geography, anthropology and history.
Cultural Contacts

First, on the subject of ethnology, we have facts to which certain authors, particularly German ethnologists, have drawn attention.
Foremost among them is Leo Frobenius, who had defined ‘Eritrean Culture’, as being probably the survival of an ancient culture common to southern Asia - more particularly to India - and Black Africa. This culture probably came to Africa via the North and the South, on the one hand, from the Red Sea and Ethiopia, on the other, via the Mozambique coast.
Of the characteristics of this cultural cycle, I shall dwell mainly on metallurgy and cotton spinning, which will enable me to prove that, in actual fact, ‘Eritrean Culture’ is the survival of an ancient Indo African Culture. As a matter of fact, the vocabulary relating to metallurgy and cotton spinning is exactly the same in the Negro-African languages and the Dravidian languages of India.
As regards metallurgy, the following comparisons might be made: In Wolof xanjar, ‘bronze’; and in Telugu xancara, ‘work in bronze’; in Bambara numu, ‘forge’, and in Telugu inumu, ‘iron’; in Wolof kamara, ‘ name given to the blacksmith’s caste’, and in Telugu kamara, ‘name given to the blacksmith’s caste’. This latter name can be found in other Dravidian languages and in some Indo-Aryan ones as well.

Last edited:

VaghaDeva

sum gai
According to Continental drift theory (later known to be tectonic-plate shift), Africa and Asia were fused together. Tectonic-plate shift caused formation of a huge chasm which was filled by water from surrounding Indian Ocean. Some of the Africans remained on the north-eastern side of Indian Ocean (Indian peninsula). They are the modern day Tamil, Telugu & Malayalee. Here I reproduce an excerpt from Leopold Sedar Sengkor (President of Senegal) (Lecture delivered in Madras under the auspices of the International Institute of Tamil Studies on the 23rd May, 1974):
Southern India is in the same latitude as Senegal, Mali, Niger, Chad, Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia. More than this, only the Indian Ocean separates the eastern coast of Africa from the south of India. As a matter of fact, geologists maintain that the Indian sub continent was formerly attached to East Africa. In this respect the findings of marine biology are of outstanding importance.
All that is needed, therefore, is for archeologists and pre historians to have a chance to explore the depths of the seas, to discover old lithic industries or human skeleton fossils, in the area stretching from East Africa to Southern India. Unless, of course, the Indian Ocean existed long before the human race appeared. In any case, Tamil legends refer to the existence, from time immemorial, of flourishing cities long since buried beneath the seas.
This is perhaps a reference to that stretch of land which was supposed to have linked India and Africa and was presumably engulfed by the ocean during Continental drift. I should like in passing to note that it is not at all fortuitous that early civilizations which arose in the valleys of the Nile, the Tigris and Euphrates, and lastly of the Indus, bore the marks of black men.

In any case, it is remarkable that the pithecanthrops - proconuls and australopithecs - who whilst not the ancestors of the human species, are zoologically their next of kin as infra and parahominins, proliferated simultaneously in East Africa and Southern India. Here is what Pierre Teilhard Chardin wrote in his book L’ Apparition de l’ Homme (The Appearance of man):
It was on a tropical and subtropical area of the Old World, an area which in fact extended across India to Malaysia, but basically located on the African continent, that the evolution of the higher primates gradually took place.”
Thus re-stated, this theory would not be too much at variance with Islamic belief, which claims that Adam, the father of mankind, appeared in India and Awa, our maternal ancestor, in Southern Arabia, and that they met at Harafat. It is curious coincidence that attan is the word for ’father’ in Tamil (-n and -m being interchangeable in that language) and ava, the word for ‘mother’ in Kannada (avvai in Tamil, av in Kota, ave in Kodagu)

We know that some anthropologists tried to identify the Dravidians with what is known as “the Mediterranean race’. Such a general label which conceals gaps in our knowledge of anthropology is indeed confusing -- I had said dangerous, since it could suggest an interpretation of the concept of race in terms of geographical demarcation, whereas the notions of race, when stripped of certainly accessory details boils down essentially to skin colour. This is the sense in which we speak of ‘black race’, ‘ white race’ or ‘yellow race’.
Consequently, it might have been less ambiguous, as some experts have done, to call that Mediterranean race the “Negroid race” , since its characteristics are precisely those of the blacks in general: an elongated skull, dark or brown skin, these two adjectives being quite often euphemisms for ‘black’ .
( Notes(Loga). In Tamil there is a term ‘maRavar, maaRan’ etc a name of a group of Tamils especially in Pandiya country. It is interesting that the root ‘maRu’ also means black )
In any case, as I stated in a lecture I gave at Cairo University in February 1967, on the Foundations of Africanity or Negritude and Arabism, my professor at the Ethnological Institute in Paris, Dr. Paul Rivet, used to say: ‘ there is a ratio of 4 to 18 per cent black blood around the Mediterranean sea’. He thus referred to the Negroids of the early Paleolithic and Mesolithic - Grimaldi Man and Caspian Man -- an important group of the Mediterranean populations until the Neolithic
We shall not mention all the theories on the origins of the Dravidians, since the problem is still very much unsolved: we shall mention one only, namely, a black sub-race among the populations of Southern India. This said, we should not underrate the importance of the blood ties between Dravidians and the Black Africans , especially as the black Dravidian sub-race is the same as the black East African sub-race which is to be found in the same latitude. During my last visit to Addis Ababa, I was very much impressed with the large number of Ethiopians who, with their fine features, black skin and straight hair, look like Dravidians. I mentioned this to the Emperor who, with a knowing air, merely smiled a royal smile.
In short, as we can see, the similarity between India and Black Africa, is essentially based on geography, anthropology and history.
Cultural Contacts

First, on the subject of ethnology, we have facts to which certain authors, particularly German ethnologists, have drawn attention.
Foremost among them is Leo Frobenius, who had defined ‘Eritrean Culture’, as being probably the survival of an ancient culture common to southern Asia - more particularly to India - and Black Africa. This culture probably came to Africa via the North and the South, on the one hand, from the Red Sea and Ethiopia, on the other, via the Mozambique coast.
Of the characteristics of this cultural cycle, I shall dwell mainly on metallurgy and cotton spinning, which will enable me to prove that, in actual fact, ‘Eritrean Culture’ is the survival of an ancient Indo African Culture. As a matter of fact, the vocabulary relating to metallurgy and cotton spinning is exactly the same in the Negro-African languages and the Dravidian languages of India.
As regards metallurgy, the following comparisons might be made: In Wolof xanjar, ‘bronze’; and in Telugu xancara, ‘work in bronze’; in Bambara numu, ‘forge’, and in Telugu inumu, ‘iron’; in Wolof kamara, ‘ name given to the blacksmith’s caste’, and in Telugu kamara, ‘name given to the blacksmith’s caste’. This latter name can be found in other Dravidian languages and in some Indo-Aryan ones as well.
you sound like you have an interesting job.

DingDong

Country flag

Cultural Contacts

Most of these theories have been proven to be 100% :bs:

Most of the Indian Ethnic Groups belong to this country, we separated from the rest and bred with the local groups for long enough to be distinguished as indigenous. The linguistic similarities some experts talk about are primarily because of trading relations our coastal regions have had with the Africans and Arabs over thousands of years, we were trading with our neighbours before Europeans set foot on our soil. We were a seafaring nation.

sasum

Anatomy of a Failed State called Pakistan

Pakistan holds the 13th place in the Fund For Peace Failed State Index for 2013. In 2011, the same index slotted Pakistan to the 13th position. The change is due to the introduction of South Sudan as a state. Fund For Peace is a non-profit organization undertaking research and educational programs. The Failed State Index is a listing of countries on the basis of a number of instability criteria including poverty, vulnerability to terrorism and security breaches, and efficacy of public services. Pakistan moved down from the eighth position in 2008 and the tenth position in 2009 and 2010.
Fund For Peace clarifies its index thus, “Though it is called the Failed States Index, that is not to say that every country on the FSI is a failed state...the Failed States Index measures the pressures experienced by countries and thus adjudges their susceptibility to state failure.” And yet the question of Pakistan’s health as a stable state and a member of the international community has been repeatedly questioned. According to the Fragile States Index of 2014 (also by Fund For Peace), Pakistan is ranked 10 - the only Asian country apart from war-torn Afghanistan to be among the top 10.A closer look at the country's economy, international involvement, security, and socio-political issues will reveal the legitimacy of the country's claim to this position.

International Alliances and Disputes
Since inception Pakistan has been embroiled in tensions over Kashmir. The three wars fought between Pakistan and India have caused a tremendous strain on public funds. The two nations are continuously involved in skirmishes, cross border terrorism, and border disputes causing much anxiety in the region.Pakistan has, however, been successful in building up a nuclear arsenal and the country is considered a non-NATO ally of the USA. Diplomatic relations between the two countries have been maintained well enough, though. In 2010, Pakistan was warned by the USA of unfavorable consequences if a terrorist attack on American soil is traced back to Pakistan As a member of the United Nations, G20 nations, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and the Commonwealth of Nations, Pakistan has exercised much influence in Asian and world politics. The diplomatic relations of Pakistan are overseen directly by the President's office.
Given the intelligence cooperation and the strategic support the country provides the US, it is not surprising that American funds keep flowing in despite threats to cut down any aid.
Pakistan is an internationally recognized nuclear weapons state and a strategic alliance with China has made the nation an unassailable presence in Asia. The two countries enjoy strong economic and defence ties and China is a major ally in Pakistan's civilian nuclear program.
Democracy or Dictatorship?
While Pakistan is a constitutional democracy, the state's has a liberal distribution of dictatorship and coups. Between 1947 and 1958, on a national level there were no direct elections held in the country. In 1977, the country held its first general elections after the separation of East Pakistan. Zulfikar Ali Bhutto of the PPP came to power in the election which caused widespread unrest due to malpractice allegations. Bhutto was later ousted by General Zia ul-Haq and was put to death.

Since 1985, the country has witnessed a number of assassinations and coup d'états. A weak democracy and an overpowering military have led to very unstable political conditions in the country.Charges of corruption and malpractices in the government have become exceedingly common. In 1958, the country saw its first coup when President Major General Iskander Mirza dismissed Prime Minister Feroz Khan Noon and placed Army commander-in-chief General Ayub Khan as the Chief martial law administrator. Ayub Khan displaced the President within a fortnight. In 1977, Army chief General Zia-ul-Haq staged another coup and suspended the constitution. In 1999, Army Chief General Pervez Musharraf pulled off another coup to seize power. These instances have prevented the international community from placing any great confidence in the country’s democracy.

In May 2013, the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) gained a clear majority of the seats in the parliamentary elections bringing Nawaz Sharif to the Prime Minister's position for the third time. This became the first time since the country's independence when one democratically elected government completed its term and peacefully handed over to another elected administration. The elections were not free from charges of malpractices, though. By 2014, however, the country rose in much discontent against the Nawaz Sharif government and Islamic cleric Tahir-ulQadri assumed leadership of what he called a “revolution against a corrupt democracy”. While a call for mid-term elections looked unlikely the country went through a major political crisis as thousands rallied in the national capital, Islamabad, to demand the resignation of the Prime Minister. By end August the country's army once again stepped in to play mediator. While it has become clear that PM Nawaz Sharif holds little power over the army, it also seems unlikely that the army will take over and face international ire. The democracy of Pakistan is very weak and the army immensely more powerful than any other political set up in the nation.

Economic considerations

Pakistan is the 26th largest economy in the world going by its purchasing power parity (PPP). The country's GDP is pegged at USD 236.6 billion (World Bank, 2013). Despite decades of political instability and exposure to natural calamities, the country is a fast developing nation. Standard & Poor have accorded the nation a stable outlook on the long-term. According to a World Bank report from 2005, the country tops the list of economic reformers in the region. The quality of public services in Pakistan has, however, been condemned as poor and ineffectual.Much needs to be done by the country’s government with regard to the state of infrastructure.

The dichotomy of the nation's economy is revealed by a look at the statistics. While the country receives a huge quantity of foreign aid (USD 2,019 million in 2012, USD 3,507.5 million in 2011), it still maintains USD 15 billion by way of foreign currency reserves. Almost 12.4 percent of the population live in poverty (2011, World Bank). This while seemingly high is a huge improvement from 30.6 percent in 1999 and even from 22.3 percent in 2006. Pakistan’s unemployment levels are at 5.6 percent – much lower than many neighboring nations and yet the gap between the classes is rather high.

Diaspora
As of 2012, the Pakistani diaspora is the 7th largest in the world – spread majorly across Europe, Northern America, and the Middle East.As of 2012, the remittances of the diaspora to Pakistan were estimated at about USD 13 billion. The diaspora have also successfully preserved the country’s culture and heritage across the world by forming associations and interest groups.
Major Social Issues
Pakistan still suffers from one of the highest illiteracy rates in the country. According to a report published by the UNESCO in 2013, Pakistan faced an illiteracy level of about 79 percent in 2012. The country was ranked 180 among 221 small and big nations of the world based on its literacy levels. The report further said that only about 3 percent students in the country enrolled into colleges and just about 1 percent graduated with a degree.
Pakistan is in the clutches of a major drug problem. It is often referred to as the ‘most heroin addicted country in the world’. Illegal drug trade in the country is estimated to generate about USD 2 billion a year.According to a report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) titled Drug Use in Pakistan 2013, over 6.7 million people from the country use heroin. About 4.25 million of them are dependent on the illicit drug. Regular usage in the country is seen in over 800,000 people between the ages of 15 and 64. Usage of charas, a form of cannabis, affects over 5 million people.

Although, the constitution of Pakistan decrees that all citizens be deemed equal, women face considerable discrimination in all walks of life. According to the Global Gender Gap Report 2013 which ranks 136 countries in terms of having closed their gender-gaps, Pakistan ranked 135 testifying to the discrimination faced by women.

According to the Corruption Perception Index of 2013 (by Transparency international), Pakistan ranks 127 out of 175 countries - indicative that corruption, especially in public offices is a major concern in the state. The government and the law enforcement departments are particularly vulnerable according to news reports. Tax evasion is another major problem with less than 1 percent of Pakistani citizens filing tax returnseach year. This leaves Pakistan with a tax-to-GDP ratio of about 9 percent – among the lowest across the globe.
The independence of the judiciary is a major topic for debate in the country. Corruption and political or financial influence often leads to a failure in the country’s judicial mechanism.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/infographics/poll/is-pakistan-failed-state-text.html

sasum

It is official..pakistan is one of the most dangerous place for women in the world.

Violence Against Women: The High Price of Women's Honor in Pakistan
Ameera Javeria

Try measuring the scale of excesses and crime against women in Pakistan, and you are sure to emerge more benumbed than bewildered. Early this year, Zainab Noor, a young rural woman, was brutalized by her husband in a manner that shocked people across Pakistan and the world. Since he was an imam in a mosque, the crime acquired a particularly sharp dimension. Doctors treating Zainab Noor said her husband subjected her to vaginal electrocution, a new term in the lexicon of criminology. What did she do to be thus punished? It turned out that she wanted to escape a life of endless physical abuse, so her husband tied her to a bed and shoved a metal wire with 220 voltage in her. Miraculously, she survived.

Samia Imran, another young Pakistani woman, though spared this particular bestiality, did not survive. In 1999, she was shot in the head at her lawyer‘s office. She had sought a divorce from her husband against her family‘s wishes. The fact that her husband was a drug addict was perhaps not reason enough for her to seek a life of her own. She was only 27. The same year a man killed his daughter and her lover after finding them in a “compromising situation,” the euphemism that the Pakistani media uses when they wish to describe a sexual act. The man initially received a life sentence, but was subsequently acquitted by an appeals court. In his verdict, a high court judge observed: “A father can't see his daughter in such a situation.”

The spurt in crimes against women has shocked liberal Pakistanis. The statistics of a leading human rights organization show that, on average nine women are killed daily across the country in what are termed “honor crimes.” The ratio is higher in the northern tribal areas, with cultural affinity to Afghan tribal practices. Not only that, two women are raped every hour. The suicide rate among women is spiking alarmingly. Last year close to 500 women committed suicide. This is just one indicator of the depression characterizing the lives of women.

Pakistani imposes upon women a virtual textbook of morals. A woman is born to obey, not question. Her success lies in practicing an “exemplary life.” She is subservient to men, tradition, and honor. Women in Pakistan are encouraged to pursue domestic roles. Procreation and docility are the basic traits of any “good woman.” The family determines the course of her life, ultimately her destiny. Therefore matters of education, marriage and even reproductive rights are often determined on her part by those around her—parents, husband, etc. Those who object to these edicts are considered rebellious, unruly and often morally wrong. A streak of independence prompts chastisement and punishment from the family or system. This involves more often than not violence, ostracization and at times, murder. The punitive action is aimed at teaching women a lesson and discourages the future generation from challenging conformity.

Women in Pakistan are not considered part of the body-politick. Talking about their grievances can bring many private matters in public and shame to the family. They are discouraged from participating in any decision-making exercise. The upcoming generation of literate Pakistani urban women may refute this claim and state that they are outnumbering men in grabbing better positions in college and school education. In large cities they are creating more competition for their male peers. This is true of a strong female class emerging in the urban societies, which is challenging the patriarchal agenda and voicing its distaste for discriminatory actions against women. But the fight is long and their number is still far from the right critical mass. Lack of education is still a big hurdle in the way of women‘s freedom. Illiteracy among women is pervasive in rural areas, whereas the situation in urban areas of Pakistan could hardly be termed encouraging.

A growing gender gap in male and female population—94 women for every 100 men—speaks of the gender discrimination that women face in areas of health and education. The economic disparity between genders does little to improve their situation. A male child is still preferred as an economic force and thus preserved and reared in a better fashion. There are no support mechanisms to improve life for the female populace. Women who work are largely employed informally. In this vast agrarian country they work as hard as men in the fields, taking care of the livestock and household. Their contribution, however, is not acknowledged by the feudal lords who control the land. These feudal acknowledge only the services of men, who collect on behalf of their family. Even in the cities women are encouraged to work informally, which does not bring them any confidence or self-esteem. Only two percent of Pakistani women are formally employed in the country.

Economic dependence often results in ignorance of their own well being. The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, HRCP, identified a bizarre case recently. A man in the northern tribal area chose to get health services for his male child but left his wife unaided saying, “she is always sick.”

This ignorance is at odds with the awareness and enlightenment that women generally showed in the first three decades of Pakistani history. Their leaders were liberal and, more importantly, political leadership in the country at the time was driven by ideals of democracy and tolerance. In short, religious extremism was not in evidence as yet. The educated classes followed a British education model and inspired the younger generation with their intellect and courage. Women born in the 50s became educators, engineers, artists, pilots and players. These women hated being docile and meek.

Given the stranglehold of conservative feudal lords on the rural areas, we run into more and more violations of human rights, especially with respect to women. Women‘s desires and instincts are suppressed to keep money and property within the family. Hence marriage to a younger cousin is a normal thing for a woman from a feudal family. This tradition makes a mockery of religion and tradition. On the other hand, vendetta is an ongoing theme of feudal life in Pakistan and can impact two or three generations. “Honor killing” is also another perplexing phenomenon. It is resorted to as a pretext for liquidating one‘s enemies. Some feudal lords have been known to kill their opponents in the name of “honor killing.” They would argue before the court that since the victim had an illicit relationship with one of their women, the family honor had to be retrieved by avenging the insult. It would not be too far-fetched to actually see such men kill their own women to prove their point. A woman‘s honor and dignity are tied to that of the men in the family, i.e., husband, father, son and brother. A crime of passion often goes unpunished, and courts, would let the criminals out with minimal punishment.

Laws that govern rape cases have invited both domestic and international censure. Proving rape is mostly a woman‘s responsibility. The Sharia laws introduced in 1979 require the presence of four witnesses to an act of rape or adultery before the crime can be established. This law obliterates the distinction between adultery and rape, criminalizing a private offense (adultery) while, in effect, making rape a private matter in which the burden of proof lies on the victim. Close to 50 percent of female prison inmates in Pakistan are charged under adultery for rapes they cannot prove. The words for rape in Urdu, the national language of Pakistan, (ismat dari or izzat lutna)can be translated as “robbed of dignity.” Victims of rape, therefore, are not seen as victims but ones deprived of their honor. Lack of witnesses and medical examination in proper period of time make these women culprits of adultery; a shame that few families are prepared to bear. The backlog of cases in the courts makes speedy process almost impossible, as women languish in jails for years before their case can be decided.

Many see honor crimes as a consequence of efforts to impose a puritan version of Islam. This discourages the feeble-hearted from mounting a spirited campaign against them. The perception is that in going against these crimes one will confront religion. Political leaders have done little to confront these laws despite pressure from human rights groups and the victims. Clearly, women‘s emancipation is not a popular theme as yet. It was profoundly frustrating to see Ms. Bhutto, Pakistan‘s twice-elected prime minister, disregard the need for reforms aimed at the emancipation of women in Pakistan. It was dispiriting to find Pakistan‘s charismatic woman prime minister marrying a feudal lord, thereby reinforcing the stereotypes and an entrenched obscurantist class.

Can Pakistan once again become a place where women may live a life of equality and freedom? As things stand, the low status of women is closely linked with the ascendant religious right. How the on-going struggle between the liberal elements and extremist groups shapes up in the next couple of months will largely determine women's fate. Women are waiting to see whether the Musharraf government will fulfill its promise to increase the number of women's representatives in the assembly to an impressive 33 percent. Five hundred women are serving as lawyers in the city of Lahore alone. But no woman has been made a judge since 1994. The fight for the gender equality is about to take on a new urgency. Should Pakistan regress further into medievalism, blood-chilling stories of Zainab Noor and Saima will become commonplace happenings.

Ameera Javeria, a journalist from Pakistan has focused extensively on human rights and crimes against women in her writings. She worked for The Frontier Post and, recently, The Friday Times, front-ranking publications in Pakistan. She is a visiting scholar at the Institute for Research on Women and Gender currently working on her book about crimes against women in Pakistan.

Hamza Baloch

go shoot yourself in the head with a bullet dipped in pigs blood and be done with it you annoying bastard or shall I do it for you J J Pershing style:hat: I doubt your faith will save you.
Thankyou, I can add this to my list

'Things what Indians do if they cannot prove me wrong'

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles