Pakistani terrorists attacked Army Camp in J&K's Uri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brood Father

Country flag
Nope!!!

But let me repeat what I said to Kshatriya87 the other day.

If this was three years back, I would have expected a military retaliation and upset if not done.

But now for the first time there is talk of a multi-pronged strategy on diplomatic, economic, ecological and military fronts . I would like to see where this goes.

Even retired generals on TV debates who said for first two days that military is being held back, are now saying that multi-pronged strategy is better than a reactive retaliation.

Hope you have not forgotten that we did do a month long massive retaliation towards the end of 2014, but that has not changed many things from paki side.

Bolo !!!
What is multi prolong strategy, pray tell
Jab bhee jehadi kee maut aati hai to India kee taraf bhaagta hai , unfortunately vo auron ko bhee maar deta hai
Tell me if you impose economic sanction what will happen in Pakistan , more poverty , more illiteracy yeahhh....brother these are breeding ground of terrorist
Squeeze Indus water , embarrassement for india in world fora and again more terrorism
A jehadi will be a jehadi no matter what
If you have any other solution please tell me
The only way to stop a jehadi is to kill a jehadi
Strike so much fear in the minds of porkies that if they kill 10 we will kill 100
Hum jaise rotein hue jaatein hain UN , mujhe unko jaate hue dekhna hai

Or declare we are pathetic losers who can't even avenge the death of our bravehearts

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The only way to stop a jehadi is to kill a jehadi
Strike so much fear in the minds of porkies that if they kill 10 we will kill 100
Hum jaise rotein hue jaatein hain UN , mujhe unko jaate hue
Ok agreed. Assuming there are atleast 100k jihadis, how do you propose we takeout most of them out without going into their territory?

Brood Father

Country flag
Ok agreed. Assuming there are atleast 100k jihadis, how do you propose we takeout most of them out without going into their territory?
Their territory...since when POK is their's (accept for name) it's our land as per our will we will take out jehadis
Sir I am just repeating our doctrine about POK
Kwhaza asif openly challenged about nuclear war , you cannot tame a mad dog you kill it just IMO ..

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Even retired generals on TV debates who said for first two days that military is being held back, are now saying that multi-pronged strategy is better than a reactive retaliation.
Pls tell me what Gen are you talking about. I also listen to the debates regularly. You should read what ex COAS VP malik said few days back.

Hope you have not forgotten that we did do a month long massive retaliation towards the end of 2014, but that has not changed many things from paki side.

Bolo !!!
No i've not. India only retaliated only when 30 ~ civilians and 15 ~ troops were killed by Paki, it was just a regular proportionate response that we have seen when congies in Power. They didn't even deploy the heavy weapons and Arty like in 2000 when Army Pulverized Paki Posts and literally slaughter them.

It was them who unilaterally declare for cease fire in utter humiliation.

http://www.dawn.com/news/126619/pak...-srinagar-bus-service-and-revive-air-links-pm

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
try explaining this to @Bornubus or @Screambowl
What else I have been trying to do past dozens of pages?:p
Another retard post by a 2 bit troll with no substance and childish smiley.
For posts filled with arguments, strategies and sources to the childish post, I got only childish response for you.
Check out the post for which you responded and for what of your posts that was responded and in turn, check out one for what you responded like a child, actually like a loser with no argument.:D

Bornubus

What else I have been trying to do past dozens of pages?:p

For posts filled with arguments, strategies and sources to the childish post, I got only childish response for you.
Check out the post for which you responded and for what of your posts that was responded and in turn, check out one for what you responded like a child, actually like a loser with no argument.:D

Instead to begging others to debate first learn the difference between VP Malik and VP Singh who they are and also the difference between a well thought out article and and a statement.

May be then we should take an infant seriously who put his yellow teeth in every post and claim 85 Paki troops killed in Indian firing like a fanboy.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Instead to begging others to debate first learn the difference between VP Malik and VP Singh who they are and also the difference between a well thought out article and and a statement.
I don't give a bloody damn cuz none of them was discussed really. And hey, don't divert it now again and again with irrevalent and childish responses. Stay on the point.
May be then we should take an infant seriously who put his yellow teeth in every post and claim 85 Paki troops killed in Indian firing like a fanboy.
I've explained that earlier and you can get back and read that. You won't be asking any further questions over that. Don't dig it here as a shield.

Question is now that whom of us gave childish response first.:taunt:

Bornubus

I don't give a bloody damn cuz none of them was discussed really. And hey, don't divert it now again and again with irrevalent and childish responses. Stay on the point.

I will repeat again, we have no clear proof of involvement of Uri Attackers with Pakistani government or Army.

keep ranting child.

This is what you claimed as a fanboy lol

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...sonnel-isi-trained-uri-attackers_1934450.html

Now eat your words as a sore Looser :lol:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Pathetic looooser.....
You again diverted the topic.
:rofl::rofl:
keep ranting child.

This is what you claimed as a fanboy lol

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...sonnel-isi-trained-uri-attackers_1934450.html

Now eat your words as a sore Looser :lol:
LOL, sometimes I feel Mercy for you.:facepalm: Low life person can't do anything except calling everyone fanboy when he himself doesn't know the "f" of functioning of international court.
I said about clear proof, which must be clear enough to make UN satisfy and not us.
What proof you do have these guides were in consent with pakistani government or army? Or will pakistani establishment will recognize that. They will say a plain no, calling it a false flag attack or internal insurgency and court won't act nothing.

Note: Coming up with other topic?
Please don't because I wouldn't respond.

Bornubus

Pathetic looooser.....
You again diverted the topic.
:rofl::rofl:

LOL, sometimes I feel Mercy for you.:facepalm: Low life person can't do anything except calling everyone fanboy when he himself doesn't know the "f" of functioning of international court.
I said about clear proof, which must be clear enough to make UN satisfy and not us.
What proof you do have these guides were in consent with pakistani government or army? Or will pakistani establishment will recognize that. They will say a plain no, calling it a false flag attack or internal insurgency and court won't act nothing.

Note: Coming up with other topic?
Please don't because I wouldn't respond.
First this clown claimed that India has no evidence of Paki evidence in Uri attack now when i give him source he say its not enough to implicate Pakis.

Next you will say that Pathankot and 26/11 there is no Paki role like a fanboy.

Just like he was claiming exactly 85 paki troops died in Indian retaliation.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
First this clown claimed that India has no evidence of Paki evidence in Uri attack now when i give him source he say its not enough to implicate Pakis.

Next you will say that Pathankot and 26/11 there is no Paki role like a fanboy.

Just like he was claiming exactly 85 paki troops died in Indian retaliation.
You have yourself quoted me above.
I will repeat again, we have no clear proof of involvement of Uri Attackers with Pakistani government or Army.
In international court, giving and then, justifying it as a clear proof is too complex.

Brood Father

Country flag
You have yourself quoted me above.

In international court, giving and then, justifying it as a clear proof is too complex.
Remember David Coleman Headly...kya ukhaad liya humne
Pakistan sponsor terror period , just now we have caught two handlers who have helped porkies to infiltrate
I mean what else you want ...Nawaz shareef attacking india ..

SANITY

Pakistan can't take India's restraint granted for long: US daily

WASHINGTON: Pakistan cannot take India's policy of strategic restraint for granted for too long and if Islamabad rejects Prime Minister Narendra Modi's offer of cooperation, it will become part of a case for making the country a "pariah nation" , a US daily has claimed.

"Modi is practicing restraint for now, but Islamabad can't rely on that continuing. Modi's offer of cooperation, if rejected, will become part of a case for making Pakistan even more of a pariah nation than it already is," The Wall Street Journal said in an opinion piece yesterday.

"If the (Pakistani) military continues to send arms and fighters across the border, the Indian Prime Minister will have a strong justification to take action," it warned.

The Wall Street Journal said India has always enjoyed the moral high ground on the terrorism issue , but past Congress and BJP governments lacked the courage to assert it forthrightly.

That led to a policy of "strategic restraint", which meant that Pakistan would never be held accountable for its terrorist proxies, no matter how heinous their attacks, it noted.

Praising Modi for deciding against taking any military action , the daily said even as he walked back threats of military action, he replaced them with a pledge to isolate Pakistan internationally if the military doesn't stop supporting terrorist groups.

He is considering the cancellation of the 1960 Indus Water Treaty, which protects Pakistan's rights to the Indus River's water.

He could also withdraw most-favoured-nation trading status, granted in 1996, that Pakistan has never reciprocated, the daily said.

In an op-ed published in Foreign Affairs, Sameer Lalwani, Deputy Director of the Stimson Center's South Asia program, said in the wake of the Uri attack, the understandable anger and frustration of Indian policymakers and strategies is building momentum for major military action.

"But the arguments for such action are highly debatable, if not incorrect.

A major militarised response might satisfy a desire for revenge, but it is not clear that it would serve the Indian government's political, credibility, prestige, or coercive interests," Lalwani said.

"The 2009 elections and recent polling data suggest that Indian prime ministers have thus far suffered no real political costs for opting against military actions in retribution for major attacks.

"Further, the country could actually weaken its credibility if it embarked on a militarily disastrous adventure that exposes gaps in capabilities," he said.

"Finally, although India has fulminated over its lack of options to punish its enemies, it has invested little in the comparatively easier approach of denying its enemies their goals.

"With new considerations of costs and benefits, Indian strategists might turn their conversations toward security through meaningful capabilities and political engagements and away from risky, punitive gambits," Lalwani wrote.

George Perkovich from the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace said beyond small-scale tit-for-tat action against targets in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir, India's best recourse is to persuade the rest of the world to exert sufficient political and economic pressure to punish Pakistan for its toleration--if not outright support--of violence against India.

"To do that, however, New Delhi must recognise the largely indigenous cause of the Kashmir uprising and end its refusal to negotiate with relevant parties, including, maddeningly, Pakistan," he said.
--probably need to recognise cause of indigenous uprising but no negotiation with Pakistan

Perkovich said India could, and probably will, increase the intensity of covert operations to foment disorder in Pakistan, particularly in the restive province of Balochistan.

"Such activities would certainly harm the interests of the Pakistani military.

"But they would also bolster Pakistan's effort to portray India as morally and politically equivalent to Pakistan in the use of terrorism, a label India has long sought to avoid," he wrote in his op-ed.

"India will also justifiably seek to mobilise the world against Pakistan as a state-sponsor of terrorism, which is increasingly difficult to deny," he said

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I mean what else you want ...Nawaz shareef attacking india ..
Not me, nor I have doubt but probably international court me need the poofs of links between them. And we not only one, we need many.

Worse thing is that UNSC members whwill veto even if we bring a plan to declare pakistan a terrorist state.:frusty:

Bharat Ek Khoj

What they are doing with our water.

Also see this :
Pak actors REFUSED to condemn terror attack in Uri, despite being requested: Zee

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
Nope!!!

But let me repeat what I said to Kshatriya87 the other day.

If this was three years back, I would have expected a military retaliation and upset if not done.

But now for the first time there is talk of a multi-pronged strategy on diplomatic, economic, ecological and military fronts . I would like to see where this goes.

Bolo !!!
I am with you that a heavy weight military response should be a last resort after exhausting non military channels like you said diplomatic, economic, ecological, and then military fronts.
This begs the question: have we not tried this before? On the non- military we have tried carrot and stick, more carrot than stick. Nehru and many of his mindset chamchas have been giving gestures of biryani to pakis for 70 years. Includes big ticket items – IWT with 80% water, POK, Tashkent, Simla, MFN etc. On the stick side, we have shouted ourselves hoarse in all fora from UN to US to USER, Russia and everyone in between. And the results are there to see. The paki hate train continues.

So if our strategy is to isolate them internationally what are we going to do differently this time around? Are we going to scale up the diplomatic offensive by a factor of x? In which case to measure success India needs to define it's non-military objectives backed by performance timelines.

Targets cannot be low hanging fruit, they need to be punitive and hurt badly. Cancellation of SAARC, non participation of SAARC satellite program etc are easy pickings. These don’t meet the definition of scaling up the diplomatic offensive that is emanating from PMO/South Block. If India is serious about upping the game diplomatically and that has to hurt pakiland, stretch targets for isolating pakiland diplomatically could include:

- UNSC condemnation
- UNGA condemnation
- Condemnation by major powers ie USA, Russia, AND China
- Scaling down of contacts by India’s ‘friends” eg Russia etc
- India downgrading it’s diplomatic ties

On the economic front, we know pakiland is very vulnerable to any deltas in steady state. It’s military and it’s economy are on life support of foreign exchange income. What levers can India pull to cause economic harm to pakiland:
- For starters end all imports
- Influence IMF, WB, ADB to lend at disfavorable terms eg Greece
- Convert future aid to loans
- Clear policy definition that companies that deal with pakiland will not deal with India. Eg US’s sanctions on Iran, lower scope but similar in nature. DCSN can choose whether to sell to India or pakiland. Policy to apply to companies in the economic sphere as well.

These are just examples off what came to mind.

Another thrust area needs to be media and social media strategy. International media needs to paint pakiland a pariah state. India will have its work cut here in influencing international media but transforming public opinion will be a massive win. Eg look at NYT/WAPO/BBC team tagging to paint Russia the bad guy in Syria.

There are two other fronts to bring pakiland to its knees: ecological as you nicely put it and equally important covert strategy.

The levers of the ecological strategy are in our hands through the intelligent management of water flow.

Covert strategy needs to go way beyond Balochistan - needs to include Sind and PoK. Imagine the impact of a ‘Free Sind’ movement. Landlocked punjab!
Both these are complex long drawn and long term and expensive. More on these later.

My point is India needs to set targets that it plans to achieve for its non-military offensive backed by timelines. Otherwise talk is cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles