Pakistani terrorists attacked Army Camp in J&K's Uri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
well
guys... now it's time to actually retaliate....
start following the paki news...

Brood Father

Country flag
Mark my word kuch nahee hone wala

Do one thing create a template thread of Pakistan killing armed forces of india and the only variable will be the place of attack , so that we don't have to put much effort on creating the thread

Akshay_Fenix

People expecting the Modi government to scrap the Indus Water Treaty and not let any water flow towards Pakistan, what these people do not realize is that in order to block water you need to build a Dam first. :frusty:

tsunami

Country flag
my problem is bigger

we have arms did we use? NO
even if we have capability would we use? I doubt ..
We are creating assets in Baluchistan and Afghanistan? Are we using them... yes! Will we use them more aggressively... probably.
It's good to have assets. Depends if the govt. will use them or not.
Even if we don't stop water entirely... just reduce it by let's say 25% even then it will be disastrous for pakistan.
And if pakistan then try to do something militarily... we will even see use of our weapons.

Look I do understand that there is a lot we can do against PAk. But in my understanding No other party apart from shivsena idiots will do more then what Modi-BJP is doing. Also a govt. has to look a lot of things before doing something. We all here are just keyboard worriers, who can post anything.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Difference between a Bhakt fanboys and a soldier

Failing to respond this time would encourage Pakistan … tell the world we have no choice but to take strong military action: General VP Malik

September 26, 2016, 2:00 AM IST TOI Q&A in The Interviews Blog | Edit Page, India, Q&A | TOI

With Prime Minister Narendra Modi personally reiterating that those guilty of killing 18 Indian soldiers in Uri will be punished, former army chief General V P Malik has pushed vehemently for calibrated military action, arguing that failure to retaliate would encourage Pakistan. Ahead of external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj’s speech in the UN General Assembly today, General Malik, who led the Army during the Kargil war, spoke to Ajay Surya, on why India should make efforts to declare Pakistan a terrorist state and about the government’s response so far:

Should India strike back? What are the military options with India?

If we fail to respond this time, it would further encourage Pakistan to continue training and arming more militants to send them across and interfere in our internal situation in Kashmir and elsewhere. Military option includes retaliation across line of control with the support of heavy artillery and airpower. It can be surprise raids on militant camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) and occupation of important territory which is most vulnerable to infiltration. While carrying out such strikes, we must ensure that they are well-coordinated and should not forget that risk is high if the surprise element is lost.

The military option should not be an impetuous reaction and we should build in an escalatory ladder (factoring in reactions from the other side). A well-coordinated military operation can be carried out considering all important factors including cost, risk, mitigation and chances of success in present circumstances.

What diplomatic options should India exercise?

We should make efforts to declare Pakistan a terrorist state. It can be done easily not by mere pleading but telling the nations in the world that they are leaving us no choice except to take very strong military action against Pakistan. Don’t show helplessness to a world forum: tell the world forum, if collectively you do not take any action against Pakistan, you are not leaving any choice before us except to wage war.

During the Kargil war, around the middle of June, the US was virtually given an ultimatum that you are leaving us no choice except to cross the international border with Pakistan. We cannot hold our military back. The message was conveyed by Brajesh Mishra (then National Security Adviser) to Sandy Berger (then US National Security Adviser). He pleaded with us please don’t do anything, you will see the reaction from our side. That is why, later on a dialogue was started. Either the reaction is military heavy or diplomatic heavy. All three chiefs of armed forces should be kept in the loop.

Have we learnt anything from Pathankot and other provocations?

We should have learnt but apparently not enough. We have made the same mistakes as far as infiltration is concerned and permitted infiltration to take place. There is no doubt that there has been some complacency, whether it was in Pathankot or in the Uri administration base. We obviously were not able to send a correct message after Pathankot. Our message after Pathankot just fizzled out, our action could be termed a failure.

Some political leaders suggested during the Kargil war that we should push on and take PoK. You rejected the idea. Why?

The circumstances under which we fought the Kargil war were totally different from the situation today. In early 1999, the international community considered us a rogue state of sorts because of our nuclear tests and imposed sanctions on us. During one of my conversations, i was asked if we could capture the whole of PoK. I said it will require not only the material the armed forces needed but will also require a long time. Not crossing the LoC was the order we got.

How is the global political scenario today different from 1999 and early 2002 after the Parliament attack?

1999 was too close to our nuclear tests and talks were going on about that. After the Parliament attack, we again made a mistake in not doing anything even after keeping our forces on alert for 10 months. I would say till January 2002, they were scared but later they realised that we are not going to do anything. Thereafter we had the Gujarat incident and we started withdrawing our forces. It was obvious that we were not doing anything. Whatever we do should have some impact. During Operation Parakram we could have made some impact but failed to do so at the time.

What about political and military preparedness today?

The only weakness with the present political authority is that they don’t seem to look at security issues in a holistic manner. They have divided it into compartments. I have not seen as much cabinet committee on security (CCS) meetings as during Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s time. I cannot discuss details of military preparedness but i can say that the forces are capable enough to deal with any situation.

DISCLAIMER : Views expressed above are the author's own.

raheel besharam

i think sushma swaraj should have countered on the point where nawaz referred burhan wani as some innocent soul

Akshay_Fenix

View attachment 10537 Airspace was closed for second time. What is going on in their heads, I wonder. Whatever it is, we are giving them sleepless nights.

Flights cancelled over northern areas
http://www.dawn.com/news/1285956/flights-cancelled-over-northern-areas
Airspace closed for third time.

PIA cancels flights to Gilgit and Skardu for Tuesday
https://m.geo.tv/#category|latest-news|p115870-PIA-cancels-flights-to-Gilgit-and-Skardu-for-Tuesday

What is going on out there...

Last edited:

tsunami

Country flag
If we had done something, we would have opposite view from them.
This explains how shit scared porikis are of IA. As soon modi cleared he want war on poverty ie no attack Pakistan, all their servents in India started praising Modi and now Sushma.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Disclaimer: I won't say that not having war is good for economy or military industrial complex for long term pride than do pal ki khushiyan for defeating a country with already fractured system
and you guys won't call me bhakt. I took one year to add 60 pages to ISRO thread with my friends to make it cross 100, could only brought 12 pages on Export and Indigenization thread in one year, you guys have made this thread at par with stickies, near to 100 pages in less than a week.:doh:
I think I will only try to predict and monitor what's going on till the clear picture comes before I get a real chance to troll you guys with a clear picture.:troll:
This would be better than getting called a bhakt or fanboy baselessly for my every argument baselessly for my every argument as argumenting you guys is useless.: smash:

I expected you to come up with better argument ....
Like what?:D
okay building dam is understood but is there any guarantee that they will control the water.
For guarantee, India will undoubtedly exploit more water but will not block water supply to pak completely if not in mood of war. Would explain why further below in this post.
I hope others do too analyze give opinions (if someone
To control the water I guess we should be capable enough to control and divert it. If we have proper infra to stop water for Porkis then comes govt's will to stop it. There is no meaning of saying we will control when we can't stop and divert it from Pakistan to Indian states.

So now the question is do we have that capability?
my problem is bigger

we have arms did we use? NO
even if we have capability would we use? I doubt ..
Sometimes (and given geographical advantage of pak many times) protecting National Interests is better than showing off capabilities.
Though capabilities are also for service interests but depends which method you are using, direct or covert.

And I think you're in for covert. So, why questioning?

We may be utilizing our rights and probably supplying somehow lesser amount of water.
But if GOI had to block the water, it would have declared war.
India has fastened the construction of dams just for utilizing it's share, cutting down water amount going to Pak for pressurizing. Not violating IWT isn't because of International Law and Arbitration Court, India can easily defy them but it's due to possibility of nuclear escalation.

We can make dams, threaten Pak that we can block water and pressurize them to some extent but in the case, we REALLY block it, Pakistan will declare war on India.
hope you guys know that pakistan is dependent on Indian Rivers mainly for water and not getting water from these rivers will be simply fatal (it won't be just crashing few points in sensex and slow or negative growth of economy, it will be immediate hit, would affect daily lifestyles of people in no time) and Pakistan won't have any option to use it's assets legally or illegally to pressurize India to release water or simply Pakistan will declare war.
And water wars aren't a new thing,many States have fought war over the water. So, guessing two speculations from here:

•Threat of violation of IWT and dams over Indian rivers flowing to Pakistan will just be used to threaten or pressurize Pakistan by cutting down supply sometimes.

•Though we gave the title to the thread:
Pakistani terrorists attacked Army Camp in J&K's Uri
We all know that (I hope) that we can't and we failed to prove Pakistani government or army's involved in Uri attack. Over that, we ourselves aren't having any solid proof for that.

We know about pakistani tactics but a solid proof is to be explained to the world if you don't want any third party intervention in your goal.
Making false documents and invading like US in Iraq, later you will face sanctions not being a permanent member of UNSC like US.
So, water issues are lesser sensitive for getting sanctions and IWT's violation can be used to provoke pak for war.

Now, covert plans or preparation of direct conflict, GOI will decide. We may say see in few months if really a direct confrontation is to be placed.
Mark my word kuch nahee hone wala

Do one thing create a template thread of Pakistan killing armed forces of india and the only variable will be the place of attack , so that we don't have to put much effort on creating the thread
Dude this thread reached in 100 pages in few days, such a thread will make world record under d!ck measuring competitions of bhakts and liberals.:D
People expecting the Modi government to scrap the Indus Water Treaty and not let any water flow towards Pakistan, what these people do not realize is that in order to block water you need to build a Dam first. :frusty:
Two under construction, now expeditions in work.

See.....even ISI agents are supporting modi these days....kya haal ho gya h
Iska kuchh nahin pata hota.
I have made of list of few people whose tweets and daily check and bukha chachi is one of them. Just trying show herself tied off with national emotions to prove her loyalty.
Roz ka drama hai, ignore kar.:dude:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
what if pak strikes on this dam and call it terror strike of non state actors?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Pathetic guy, GoI was, is or will never be elected by public just for crushing a small state like pakistan. There more important issues and nationalism based over national advancement than mere chest thumping and Hindu Nationalism.
Says who? The votebank of Modi and BJP, we the Hindutvabadis voted him to power solely for teaching Pakistan and Pakistan aligned Muslims a lesson. You may have voted for him, but you are not his votebank.
FYI, we prefer a PM to serve interests, not being Hindutvavadi, these are either secondary or insignificant aspirations.
Who are "we"? Once again "you" are not part of the votebank. It is good that you expect a ball-less PM. However, we expected something more.
Bharat is a Hindu dominated nation. It is obvious that its aspirations will center around the aspirations of Hindutva. Do you even know what Hindutva means?
I tried to refrain myself best, but your fantasies are getting worse man.
If you remember those "Inshallah" saying pakistani clowns, you are becoming Indian version of them.

• Government won't even disclose or discuss here on DFI if any plan is being executed.
  • India may or may not re earn respect (though, there is no word "respect" in international issues) but India will lose chances of regaining it's historical respect and glory, if it's rise is sabotaged by a war, for at least next 100 years, if economic boom is disturbed.
And you are fast becoming a Pakistani apologist and a coward Gandhian, like Modi.
BTW, what on earth is "Historical respect"? And how is it different from "Respect"/"International Respect"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles