Pakistan Economy: News & Discussion

Concard

Country flag
We should cite the existence of terrorist groups in Pakistan that actively seek to kill and hurt Indian civilians as well as soldiers, as a reason to embargo these mfs. UPA-I & II fruitlessly went to hell and back to use economic diplomacy in a bid to get the Pakis to dismantle their terrorist outfits and to normalize ties as much as possible with them. Hell, even Modi tried that from 2014-16 by sending delegations there and even visiting Nawaz Sharif's daughter's wedding. What was the result? Pathankot was attacked barely a week after his visit. Even after all that also, India retained MFN status for Pak and only removed it as retaliation when Imraand Khan's govt imposed a trade embargo on India following the abrogation of Article 370.

The bare minimum criteria for trade normalization must include the dismantling of all the terrorist outfits (an Indian delegation should also be allowed to inspect the process as a confirmation) and after the Paki state provides appropriate compensation for all civilians and military personnel injured (physically/mentally/emotionally) or martyred as a result of Pak sponsored terror outfits. Anything less than that would mean that we are setting ourselves up for a future backstabbing.
That will not happen. Moreover you don't ask for just dismantling, you ask for extradition. Whether there is extradition treaty is there or not you hand over those mofos. Having said that don't have any high hopes on this useless shit. Modi is treating Porkistan exactly how it should have always been treated. No talks, No relations, not even trade. Just shut them off and keep hurting them where ever you get an opportunity. Undermine them in every possible way while you prop up your own economy.

Jagattunga Govinda III

Country flag
That will not happen. Moreover you don't ask for just dismantling, you ask for extradition. Whether there is extradition treaty is there or not you hand over those mofos. Having said that don't have any high hopes on this useless shit. Modi is treating Porkistan exactly how it should have always been treated. No talks, No relations, not even trade. Just shut them off and keep hurting them where ever you get an opportunity. Undermine them in every possible while you prop up your own economy.
I know they won't do any of this, that is exactly why I cited them as the bare minimum demands. Their need to trade with us is more than our need to trade with them. If they want to trade with us, they better start putting in the effort. The goal is to make them desperate enough to accept these demands first. When they do accept these demands, allow trade to start but their goods must be heavily tariffed to the point that it barely makes them any profit. When they complain about that, put forward even more steep demands to just give them an inch. Keep repeating the process of making them run 10 miles to gain an inch of leniency every time and make them dance to our tunes.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I know they won't do any of this, that is exactly why I cited them as the bare minimum demands. Their need to trade with us is more than our need to trade with them. If they want to trade with us, they better start putting in the effort. The goal is to make them desperate enough to accept these demands first. When they do accept these demands, allow trade to start but their goods must be heavily tariffed to the point that it barely makes them any profit. When they complain about that, put forward even more steep demands to just give them an inch. Keep repeating the process of making them run 10 miles to gain an inch of leniency every time and make them dance to our tunes.
this is like :

western version, rulers of troy thinking we don't know for sure if that large wooden horse has people inside, but atleast we can use it as a decorative piece.

Indian version, raja dahir thinking, i will allow them to camp 30 kms from my fort, if they misbehave i can defeat them again, i have defeated them 4 times i can defeat them again.

one example from western literature, another from real history.

those of us who have been watching this trope of trade with India in paki "intellectual" discussions in recent years, is very superficial. it is yet to be empirically proven that trade with India will improve their domestic situation. it gained traction just because their intellectual class have a habit of repeating the same jhumlas again and again and again.

Last edited:

Jagattunga Govinda III

Country flag
this is like :

western version, rulers of troy thinking we don't know for sure if that large wooden horse has people inside, but atleast we can use it as a decorative piece.

Indian version, raja dahir thinking, i will allow them to camp 30 kms from my fort, if they misbehave i can defeat them again, i have defeated them 4 times i can defeat them again.

one example from western literature, another from real history.

those of us who have been watching this trope of trade with India in paki "intellectual" discussions in recent years, is very superficial. it is yet to be empirically proven that trade with India will improve their domestic situation. it gained traction just because their intellectual class have a habit of repeating the same jhumlas again and again and again.
It is no coincidence that their recent troublesome times began more or less from early 2017, which is roughly the same time as demonetization. The Pakis had integrated themselves into our economy by illegally laundering our currency as well as printing fake Indian rupee notes. Add on top of that, Imraand Khan did the "genius" move of applying trade restrictions on India in 2019 following the abrogation of Article 370. It resulted in their BoP actually worsening (the trade in itself at that point was in single digit billions but for a country like Pakistan that relies on repeated single-digit billion dollar loans, it is significant). It maybe Jhumla but it makes sense why so many Porki intellectuals talk about trade with India.

The withdrawal of the US from Afghanistan plunged Pakis into being the whore of the state it is now because the Americans stopped giving them aid. With their political crisis, they are now actively declining despite being a country whose TFR is very high. Each quarter, they grow more and more desperate for a way out. So, it makes sense that they would want to trade with India.

What I said in my comment, were the bare minimum measures to be conducted by Pakis to even give them a chance at trade normalization. In the analogy of the Trojan horse you spoke of, my comment would be like the equivalent of thoroughly checking each and every item that would pass into Troy while also strip testing any mf who would look into Troy's direction. Even after trade resumes, nobody is suggesting that we shouldn't treat Pakis skeptically.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It is no coincidence that their recent troublesome times began more or less from early 2017, which is roughly the same time as demonetization. The Pakis had integrated themselves into our economy by illegally laundering our currency as well as printing fake Indian rupee notes. Add on top of that, Imraand Khan did the "genius" move of applying trade restrictions on India in 2019 following the abrogation of Article 370. It resulted in their BoP actually worsening (the trade in itself at that point was in single digit billions but for a country like Pakistan that relies on repeated single-digit billion dollar loans, it is significant). It maybe Jhumla but it makes sense why so many Porki intellectuals talk about trade with India.

The withdrawal of the US from Afghanistan plunged Pakis into being the whore of the state it is now because the Americans stopped giving them aid. With their political crisis, they are now actively declining despite being a country whose TFR is very high. Each quarter, they grow more and more desperate for a way out. So, it makes sense that they would want to trade with India.

What I said in my comment, were the bare minimum measures to be conducted by Pakis to even give them a chance at trade normalization. In the analogy of the Trojan horse you spoke of, my comment would be like the equivalent of thoroughly checking each and every item that would pass into Troy while also strip testing any mf who would look into Troy's direction. Even after trade resumes, nobody is suggesting that we shouldn't treat Pakis skeptically.
there is no "we" here, it's about Indian state's capacity.

there is hardly anything that pakiland produces and India can't, it is largely goods going from India to pakiland and money coming in. only goods of high value that are coming in from pakiland these days are narcotics and weapons, presumably money is going in the other direction albeit routed thru other countries.

in both cases, for tracing money and tackling narcotics, there aren't enough govt resources to tackle them.

and more over folks are missing a core point, entire pakiland has a bipolar disorder. a section of their society wants trade and a even more powerful section of their society wants the enmity with india to continue. the section who wants trade are powerless to stop their own section of society that wants to sustain ongoing enmity.

we are not here to solve their internal dichotomies, they have to sort their own dichotomies, which we know they can't, since one of them is linked directly to origins on pakiland itself.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

a few opeds from their side...

https://www.dawn.com/news/1707503

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2344803/trade-with-india-1

https://www.dawn.com/news/1743147

kamaal

Country flag
a few opeds from their side...

https://www.dawn.com/news/1707503

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2344803/trade-with-india-1

https://www.dawn.com/news/1743147

Articles with zero value addition. No point wasting our time reading, both article talking about J&K as biggest issue, whereas India has already moved on, infact BJP is currently talking about taking back PoK. I hope they add this in their 2024 election manifesto.
India will probably not initiate the relations.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
indo pak trade jhumla is a product of our own intelligentsia & media and not theirs just like Modi Hitler, Nehru Ji and so forth.

They just love to parrot everything mindlessly our left says, expecting it would gain some "soft power" of a responsible nation to them just what "Nehru brought to India".

Hari Sud

Country flag
Do nothing to help Pakistan get out of its economic downturn. The moment they get over, they start threatening you over Kashmir. That is how their brain works. The current status of no trade and no High Commissioner suits India fine. In addition, India should begin supporting Afghanistan, Iran and Bulochistan.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles