Pakistan Economy: News & Discussion

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
From paki newspaper.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/481953-in-case-of-no-waiver-from-imf

45,00,000 people will go blew the poverty line, as the economy of $313 billion has shrunk to $280 billion which will further reduce to $260 billion in the next budgetary year.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
As far as we're concerned, this is recession for pak. 313 billion USD to 280 to 260. Every year they have fewer dollars for weapons. No one will sell them weapons in pk rupees. And I don't think the Chinese will accept renminbi for large purchases. Paki defence acquisitions are at a complete standstill and will be shrinking. Su 35 LOOOOOOOL.

Vijyes

As far as we're concerned, this is recession for pak. 313 billion USD to 280 to 260. Every year they have fewer dollars for weapons. No one will sell them weapons in pk rupees. And I don't think the Chinese will accept renminbi for large purchases. Paki defence acquisitions are at a complete standstill and will be shrinking. Su 35 LOOOOOOOL.
Even renminbi is not available with Pakistan. When PKR depreciated, it depreciated against all currency including Chinese renminbi and Euro. So, purchase from anywhere will be difficult. Chinese will always accept their renminbi while Europe will always accept Euro. But pakistan will have no forward foreign exchange of any foreign currency

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Pakistan national assembly budget session live link

Indian budget speech is usually in English, whereas that of Pakistan (who call themselves foreign invaders) is being presented in Indian language !!!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Happening right now....
IK is dissing on opposition using state PTV at 12:00 AM.
i am sure this cannot be normal behaviour... guys gone mad....
IK just made promises he can't possible keep, from here on he can be in power only by locking up all opposition party leaders...

He talked about everything except for developing the economy.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wanted to check what was IK talking about debt yesterday....
  1. so indeed pakistan's debt increased from 6000 billion PKR to 30,000 billion PKR in last 10 years....
  2. and also, out of 75 billion $ total debt, pakis owe more than 25 billion$ to China + ADB(primary stake holder is china).
  3. Much of the Chinese debt is during nawaz sharif's term, so next year we will know how much debt IK is going to take over and above world bank's debt.
  4. islamic countries are not actually giving them much.
  5. @Armand2REP will you be able to find out what is the aid that france is giving to pakistan. which program?

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 12.10.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 12.30.03 AM.png

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Wanted to check what was IK talking about debt yesterday....
  1. so indeed pakistan's debt increased from 6000 billion PKR to 30,000 billion PKR in last 10 years....
  2. and also, out of 75 billion $ total debt, pakis owe more than 25 billion$ to China + ADB(primary stake holder is china).
  3. Much of the Chinese debt is during nawaz sharif's term, so next year we will know how much debt IK is going to take over and above world bank's debt.
  4. islamic countries are not actually giving them much.
  5. @Armand2REP will you be able to find out what is the aid that france is giving to pakistan. which program?

View attachment 35784

View attachment 35785
I do watch the Din Media news. As per chair person Mehmood Sadiq, PTI govt in prime responsible for the current financial scenario of Pakistan. IK debt figures in first 10 month is way higher then the 5 years of Nawaz Shariff government. After coming to power, the PTI government has raised the interest level to 12% from 5 % which in result has increased the debt burden on Pakistan.

I am a noob when it comes to financial matters. I would request you to have a look at the Din Media programs with Mehmood Shadiq and kindly enlighten on this issue.

Tagging @Haldiram too.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I do watch the Din Media news. As per chair person Mehmood Sadiq, PTI govt in prime responsible for the current financial scenario of Pakistan. IK debt figures in first 10 month is way higher then the 5 years of Nawaz Shariff government. After coming to power, the PTI government has raised the interest level to 12% from 5 % which in result has increased the debt burden on Pakistan.

I am a noob when it comes to financial matters. I would request you to have a look at the Din Media programs with Mehmood Shadiq and kindly enlighten on this issue.

Tagging @Haldiram too.
To put blame on one govt or another is a political joke. Pakistan is going to IMF for 13th time . How many govt changed? Even under military rule of myassruff they were still reeling economically.

The fact is they are a army with a enslaved nation. No govt can solve this. There issues are decades old and very structural. They spend 5% of GDP on defense and 70% of revenue on defense and interest payments.

They maintain 600000 men army and an airforce with 400+ jets ( though mostly obsolete). Which other 300 Billion economy can afford this! Nuke expense and isi is extra. Army will eat up Pakistan their is no solution to this.

Imran khan is just another joker at helm army still rules. Nothing has changed.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Tagging @Haldiram too.
There are many fundamental structural problems of governance within Pakistan.

Difference between previous 20 IMF bailouts and this one is this time they seem to bitten more than they can chew.

Many observers said since 2014/15 after the first CPEC Map was released that all the Chinese investment is going towards infra and utility projects and no focus on wealth creation within Pakistan.

So basically this problem preceeds IK, And now IK seems to be interested more in distracting people with arrests of opposition leaders than giving actual solutions. By December the IMF quarterly review of paki economy will come out, we will know more ground realities.

So basically just like in the past three years, we sit back relax and enjoy the show...

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
There are many fundamental structural problems of governance within Pakistan.

Difference between previous 20 IMF bailouts and this one is this time they seem to bitten more than they can chew.

Many observers said since 2014/15 after the first CPEC Map was released that all the Chinese investment is going towards infra and utility projects and no focus on wealth creation within Pakistan.

So basically this problem preceeds IK, And now IK seems to be interested more in distracting people with arrests of opposition leaders than giving actual solutions. By December the IMF quarterly review of paki economy will come out, we will know more ground realities.

So basically just like in the past three years, we sit back relax and enjoy the show...
How come this much infrastructure building isn't reaping economic benefits in pakistan?

Brimstone

Spotter
Country flag
I do watch the Din Media news
I watch his shows too. How credible is that guy anyways ? I used to watch various shows from 92 News, Geo, Dawn and 24 News. But now, I only watch Nazam Sethi and Mehmood Sadique. I hear Din News is banned in most of Pakistan's cities by ISI, not PEMRA. So the guy says things that no one dares to say. All the other channels are under the thumb of PEMRA. Even Rauf and Ameer Matin left 92 for censorship of media.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How come this much infrastructure building isn't reaping economic benefits in pakistan?
There should be a parallel push to develop industry to utilise that infrastructure.

Let’s take their power plants and their motor ways for example, someone needs to invest in setting up new factories to utilise this infra. With the constant bomb blasts probably even the non residential Pakistanis are not interested in setting up industry.

Even in the videos of their motorways on YouTube, you Hardly see any traffic let alone container trucks.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I watch his shows too. How credible is that guy anyways ? I used to watch various shows from 92 News, Geo, Dawn and 24 News. But now, I only watch Nazam Sethi and Mehmood Sadique. I hear Din News is banned in most of Pakistan's cities by ISI, not PEMRA. So the guy says things that no one dares to say. All the other channels are under the thumb of PEMRA. Even Rauf and Ameer Matin left 92 for censorship of media.
Can't say about his credibility. But he does talk from perspective of a business man and from his talks it seems that business is hitting new low under PTI. It also does corroborates with the current Paki stock exchange and currency.

Brimstone

Spotter
Country flag
Can't say about his credibility. But he does talk from perspective of a business man and from his talks it seems that business is hitting new low under PTI. It also does corroborates with the current Paki stock exchange and currency.
He defends PML-N a lot.
By the way Pkr is at 153.3 . Will it recover again or will it continue to go down ?

Arihant Roy

Country flag
How come no one here post some articles on Pakistan's budget and start a discussion on the same?

5d0031de6a917.jpg
images.jpeg
5d00329bd408b.jpg

The total expenditure is pegged at 7036. 3 billion pakistani rupees. PKR traded at Rs 151.9 to a US dollar. That makes their total expenditure at 46.3 billion USD.

Even if we consider 1 USD = 150 PKR, then the total expenditure of Pakistan is 46.9 billion USD.

To put things in perspective, our defense budget is around 45.6 billion dollars. So India spends around the same amount on her armed forces which Imran and his Pindi cronies spends on the entire country of Pakistan. :bounce::cruisin2:

In this budget, growth is pegged at a mind boggling 2.4 percent. :megusta:

And still the average Pakistani dreams of Ghazwa e Hind.

The defense budget and the capital allocation are likely to increase in the upcoming budget. Then this dick measuring contest will get even more lively.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Now coming to the defense budget of Pakistan. Like us, they don't include pensions in their defense budget head.

Here, things get even more interesting.

D8zantrXsAYmGMc.png

An amount of 1152.535 billion pakistan rupees has been allocated for defense affairs and services.

1 USD traded at 151.9 PKR on that day. That makes the defense budget 7.59 billion USD. Now giving Pakistan some leeway and taking 1 USD =150 pakistani Rs, the Def budget stands at 7.68 billion dollars.

To put things in perspective, our Rafale deal costs more than their entire Def budget .

Or if you want to look at it from another perspective, we inked deals worth more than 10 billion USD with Russia alone in the past eight months.

With 7.68 billion USD, they plan to buy J-31,Rafales, Eurofighter Typhoons, T-90 and S-400. Well, best of luck Pakistan. You are royally screwed and no mofo can unfuck this cluster fuck this time around.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
How come no one here post some articles on Pakistan's budget and start a discussion on the same?

View attachment 35795 View attachment 35796 View attachment 35797

The total expenditure is pegged at 7036. 3 billion pakistani rupees. PKR traded at Rs 151.9 to a US dollar. That makes their total expenditure at 46.3 billion USD.

Even if we consider 1 USD = 150 PKR, then the total expenditure of Pakistan is 46.9 billion USD.

To put things in perspective, our defense budget is around 45.6 billion dollars. So India spends around the same amount on her armed forces which Imran and his Pindi cronies spends on the entire country of Pakistan. :bounce::cruisin2:

In this budget, growth is pegged at a mind boggling 2.4 percent. :megusta:

And still the average Pakistani dreams of Ghazwa e Hind.

The defense budget and the capital allocation are likely to increase in the upcoming budget. Then this dick measuring contest will get even more lively.
Their debt burden and defence expenditure burden have been discussed many times on this thread, and how they cannot spend anywhere near enough for education and healthcare because of this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles