OBOR News & Developments

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Trump had against China but after he met Chinese president he shut up real fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one is reshaping its strategic outlook and forecast because now Trump is in-charge. In other words, no one is taking him seriously.

Country flag
Trump presented a clear direction before elections after election he is completely clueless. He has lost to Russians in Syria and democrats are claiming he is collusion with Russians?

Krusty

Country flag
@Krusty look at the gravity of this move.

The only reason US was against OBOR earlier was because they feared that it would lead to a Chinese naval domination of Arabian sea region. It was naive of us to assume that the US would get together with India to stop China and Pakistan, when they have a more lucrative option available to get together with China and have both US and Chinese naval presence in Arabian sea. Result? neither China nor US has to compromise on their sphere of influence and both of them get to expand their influence and keep India and Pakistan under their toes.

The only way to break this jinx is for India to play the disruptive game and....hear me out....work out some common minimum program with Pakistan and make them understand that we are both losing from this arrangement. Pakistan is getting colonized and India is getting dominated. It is in Pakistan's and India's interest to keep the US out of our waters, at least we can agree on that part, even if we disagree on whether China has a role to play or not.
Well that's going to be a problem. Pakistan isn't a normal country. It's on a suicidal Mission. More like it's ready to sacrifice two of its eyes to damage one of ours. Pakistan would gladly accept a scenario where both of us lose strategic ground to either the west or China. Quite simply because it's already a puppet and it makes no difference to it. Enticing it on the basis of keeping out the west or China will not work because thats exactly what it wants to begin with. It's pakistans way of achieving parity with India. It won't rise up to challenge India. Rather drag us down to its level by reducing our gopolitical clout and advantage. And getting China and the west into the IOR is a sure shot way of achieving it.

It is in Pakistan's and India's interest to keep the US out of our waters, at least we can agree on that part,
This is questionable at best. Keeping US out of IOR is not in pakistans interest quite simply because it knows cannot match India in IOR and more importantly, it knows India will dominate if US stays out of IOR. Pakistan would gladly accept USA than see India ruling our waters.

Question for you. Who do you think Pakistan would prefer to have clout over IOR ? India or USA?

Krusty

Country flag
No one is reshaping its strategic outlook and forecast because now Trump is in-charge. In other words, no one is taking him seriously.
Well to start with, even trump doesn't take himself seriously ..

Country flag
Well that's going to be a problem. Pakistan isn't a normal country. It's on a suicidal Mission. More like it's ready to sacrifice two of its eyes to damage one of ours. Pakistan would gladly accept a scenario where both of us lose strategic ground to either the west or China. Quite simply because it's already a puppet and it makes no difference to it. Enticing it on the basis of keeping out the west or China will not work because thats exactly what it wants to begin with. It's pakistans way of achieving parity with India. It won't rise up to challenge India. Rather drag us down to its level by reducing our gopolitical clout and advantage. And getting China and the west into the IOR is a sure shot way of achieving it.

This is questionable at best. Keeping US out of IOR is not in pakistans interest quite simply because it knows cannot match India in IOR and more importantly, it knows India will dominate if US stays out of IOR. Pakistan would gladly accept USA than see India ruling our waters.
Pakistan is not the only one reducing India's clout all India's neighbors are . I don't think Pakistan or china calls the shots in Southeast Asia or ior . USA is overstretched to do anything alone in IOR the focus is on south China seas and pacific

Krusty

Country flag
Pakistan is not the only one reducing India's clout all India's neighbors are . I don't think Pakistan or china calls the shots in Southeast Asia or ior . USA is overstretched to do anything alone in IOR the focus is on south China seas and pacific

I was trying to address a very specific point that @mendosa made about India and Pakistan trying to find common ground to keep the West out of the our waters sir. I was just mentioning Pakistan wouldn't want to find common ground because it doesn't want Indian domination in IOR. It will accept any other country, except us. It's not about Pakistan calling shots, we were talking about Pakistan readily letting China or USA gain a foothold in IOR region...

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
India must proceed with underground horizontal drilling to divert tons of water to other rivers and underground reserves.

Lol, Sala if these projects become reality then we should float some explosive charges down the river. Each citizen become terrorist.

mayfair

This is not how it works .
What will Pakistani do to generate wealth in order to pay all those bills ? Chinese are not going to give away their own stronghold on manufacturing.
Colonisation works when you want to exploit any country resources. Pakistan has nothing to offer .
Paki has something to offer. Land, lots of it. Gwadar has already been de facto ceded to Chinese. Northern PoK is next, then it will be other things- mines, gas fields, captive market etc.

The Napaki rulers have their wealth and family all stashed abroad, they'll be the first to do a runner once Pak hits the fan. The aam abdul and ayesha will be left holding aside their backsides for the Cheeni sausage.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
China, Pakistan Sign Six Memorandums of Understanding to Enhance Bilateral Ties

China and Pakistan signed a total of six Memorandums of Understanding related to cooperation within the framework of the Silk Road Economic Belt and Maritime Silk Road, as well as to cooperation on a number of projects, such as Gwadar port and East Bay expressway and Havelian Dry Port and ML1 Karachi-Peshawar railway project.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Chinese and Pakistani ministers signed a total of six Memorandums of Understanding on Saturday to improve economic relations between the two Asian nations and to implement joint projects, local media reported.

According to the Daily Pakistan Global, the signing ceremony was attended by Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif.

The memorandums are related to cooperation within the framework of the Silk Road Economic Belt and Maritime Silk Road, as well as to cooperation on a number of projects, such as Gwadar port and East Bay expressway and Havelian Dry Port and ML1 Karachi-Peshawar railway project.

The Memorandums were signed during the visit of the Pakistani delegation headed by Sharif to China in order to attend the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in China on May 14-15.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201705131053575707-china-pakistan-memorandum-understanding/

brational

Country flag
Pakis are bunch of inefficient religious fanatics who think that foreign doles can be substituted to overcome enemies without national strength. Ask a Baki about their aspiration, they will tell you Kash... Mir banga Bakistan.. But how?, they don't know... Zombies with the lowest self esteem with the highest optimism without ground..

@Neo like people keep on hammering Chinese investment, deliberately overlooking the basic fact that Bakis have no national strength, doles can't be..

Geographical position can't give them an upper hand without general thinking...

BAKIS after 67 years of freedom experience (independence), don't have the system and processes to run the country. Shamelessness is where they are trying to put their peni*s into their own @ss by adopting terrorists as proxies.

India can do the same more efficiently.. Because Bharat is Bakistan's BAAP....

amoy

Trump had tough talk against China but after he met Chinese president he shut up real fast. He has done a u turn on all his promises and turning the presidency into a mockery

Now here u go again. Seriously Trump is not a mockery as u under-estimate.

U need to forget all those tough talks/grandstandings almost every POTUS did before/when they took office. All they wanted was being macho and attention

He really has achieved something, which Democrates/Liberals / "Fake news" tend to ignore :biggrin2:

Shortlisted as below -
- N.Korea: for the 1st time China started to deal with NK for real.
- During his talks with Xi, Xi agreed to a 100-day action plan (ref. my post in EARLY HARVEST) to reduce trade deficit.
- China backed US's missile strikes on Syria.

Trump might be an unconventional prez. but... he did get things done, as rarely a US prez who honors so many of his campaign promises.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Now here u go again. Seriously Trump is not a mockery as u under-estimate.

U need to forget all those tough talks/grandstandings almost every POTUS did before/when they took office. All they wanted was being macho and attention

He really has achieved something, which Democrates/Liberals / "Fake news" tend to ignore :biggrin2:

Shortlisted as below -
- N.Korea: for the 1st time China started to deal with NK for real.
- During his talks with Xi, Xi agreed to a 100-day action plan (ref. my post in EARLY HARVEST) to reduce trade deficit.
- China backed US's missile strikes on Syria.

Trump might be an unconventional prez. but... he did get things done, as rarely a US prez who honors so many of his campaign promises.
All of the sudden Chinese stated loving Trump because he is bending over backwards to Chinese demands. Before election things were different though. I remember many anti Trump articles from Chinese state run "news" outlet.

amoy

All of the sudden Chinese stated loving Trump because he is bending over backwards to Chinese demands. Before election things were different though. I remember many anti Trump articles from Chinese state run "news" outlet.
On the contrary I "love" Trump from Day-I :biggrin2:

And seriously many Chinese I knew liked him. My in-law told me (relatively, young/new) Chinese Americans liked his tough stand on 'illegal" immigrants.

Long long ago I watched his "Apprentice" show, and loved it.

Not aware of any anti Trump stuffs from state mouthpieces, which are usually quite cautious (not to be on the wrong side).

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
On the contrary I "love" Trump from Day-I :biggrin2:

Good for you. Many people used to like Trump because he appeared as a straight shooter but now after 100 days many opinions have changed.

And seriously many Chinese I knew liked him. My in-law told me (young) Chinese Americans liked his tough stand on 'illegal" immigrants.
Interesting to know that. As far as I know, most Asian americans (indians, chinese, etc.) were against his immigration policy.

Long long ago I watched his "Apprentice" show, and loved it.
Me too. :bounce:
Never thought that guy
would become president one day.

Not aware of any anti Trump stuffs from state mouthpieces, which are usually quite cautious.
Many reports was coming out from Chinese media about how they hate/fear trump and CNN used to report it daily.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Trump had tough talk against China but after he met Chinese president he shut up real fast. He has done a u turn on all his promises and turning the presidency into a mockery

Except for clamping down on H1B visas which has cost us thousands of jobs. Frankly, in the last 10 years India has failed to grow to its potential is now nothing more than a minor player in geopolitics. Tough days ahead.

mendosa

To be fair, isn't this justified? they got him to bend for them and they are proud of what an obedient puppy they've turned him into, so they're patting his head.

mendosa

Except for clamping down on H1B visas which has cost us thousands of jobs. Frankly, in the last 10 years India has failed to grow to its potential is now nothing more than a minor player in geopolitics. Tough days ahead.
Yup, and no one is even talking about it in terms of a de facto US sanction against India. They are sugarcoating it as 'trade policy' but in reality it is a strategic sanction. Indian companies have had to fire around 10k employees each. It has wreaked havoc in the domestic IT industry. In one sudden move there are 30k jobless people in Bangalore. If you make a facebook page for jobless engineers, you will get 30k likes instantly.

New threads

Articles