Nirbhay Cruise Missile Test 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I never mentioned french did i, i told Europeans Spain , Italy, UK u all are one right European union why don't u guys push ur cruise missile sale to them instead of Tomahawk
French is Euro so you did mention us. Spain and Italy are Euro... UK is 51st American state that doesn't respect indigenous weapons.

Nirbhay missile test is failure even we agree , do you have any problem with that is my question
I have no problem with it, it exemplifies the state of DRDO malaise. India can buy Scalp. We offer it to Greeks so we have no respect for MTCR.

You people use this opportunity to push all your outdated arms to sell in India with Kickbacks , soon the honeymoon period will be over there will be no scam tainted Scorpene or VVIP Chopper from Finmeccanica
You people keep buying all our outdated arms, soon your nation will be flooded with them. If Rafale is outdated, I hate to think what a Flanker is. Should we call it a dinosaur? :hippo:

MMRCA deal itself is in verge of extinction , save your bankurpt arms industry instead of talking nonsence here :wave:
You can eat our bankrupt arms industry because India is paying us tens of billions.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
I never mentioned french did i, i told Europeans Spain , Italy, UK u all are one right European union why don't u guys push ur cruise missile sale to them instead of Tomahawk
French have no analogues to Tomahawk and comparable Russian Cruise missiles.
am i right, @Armand2REP ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
French is Euro so you did mention us. Spain and Italy are Euro... UK is 51st American state that doesn't respect indigenous weapons.

I have no problem with it, it exemplifies the state of DRDO malaise. India can buy Scalp. We offer it to Greeks so we have no respect for MTCR.

You people keep buying all our outdated arms, soon your nation will be flooded with them. If Rafale is outdated, I hate to think what a Flanker is. Should we call it a dinosaur? :hippo:

You can eat our bankrupt arms industry because India is paying us tens of billions.
You can sell Scalp to Mali , Afghanistan & even pakistan sorry we don't want ur never tasted failure missile , we are ok with failed Nirbhay missile

European Union has become poor so u will offer anything to earn $$ , Flankers are Dinos right but T-Rex not a pussy cat like Rafale . Go and compare itself with Su-35BM the best flanker in the world the Alpha male T-Rex . MMRCA will be cancelled again u people will beg in street don't worry:hail:

This is what our Ex general told on MMRCA

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/48264-general-vk-singh-straight-talk.html

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Some successes of the launch:

TRISHUL

Despite this temporary setback, a number of mission objectives were achieved from this maiden test-launch of Nirbhay.

Firstly, the robustness of the missile's airframe and that of its two-stage propulsion system was proven beyond doubt, as was the reliability of the inertial navigation system and flight-control system.

Secondly, this was the first time in the history of the MoD-owned Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) that a real-time, combined RF/optronic flight trajectory-cum missile health tracking system was successfully employed for the Nirbhay's maiden cruise flight. This was done by equipping an IAF Su-30MKI chase-aircraft (out from Kalaikunda AFS) with a centreline pod containing tele-command guidance avionics (designed and developed by the Defence Avionics Research Establishment) that was responsible for receiving health-monitoring inputs from the Nirbhay's specially configured on-board flight management avionics (these being located in the forward-mounted bulkheads designed for housing the digital terrain profile matching sensor and the warhead), and also for relaying flight termination commands in case of mission abort. In addition, the Su-30MKI also carried a FLIR sensor-equipped Litening-2 LDP for real-time visual tracking and monitoring of the Nirbhay's cruise flight.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Indian media claims failure is common, but when do you hear of French missile failure? All 13 M51 launches went perfectly. Who buys Tomahawk? Not us...

failures are part of the tests, BTW your first nuke aircraft carrier had problems didnt it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

limit_sky

I really doubt the impact point being at Andhra Pradesh coast as mentioned in trishul-trident.blogspot.in as in local news paper it is mentioned that the path of Nirbhay was coast hugging from Chandipur to Gopalpur ( 380-400 km) and then turn back after going through a target (spatial co ordnate may be?) and then splashing into sea near Chandipur or Wheeler's island.( may be with terminal maneuvering or test of loitering capabilities).

this seems to be true as Army's Air Defence College is at Golabandh near Gopalpur on sea which could have coordinated with way points and ground based sensors and telemetry data for target and co ordinates for change of flight direction ( revese flight to Chandipur or Wheelers) also distance from Chandipur to Gopalpur in coast hugging mode is around 380-400 km. So a total of 800km+ distance would have been tested.

The Su-30 MKI trailing Nirbhay is correct as eye witness (villagers) also saw two flying objects( "aircraft like thing") before hearing a loud explosion and missile falling over land.

The debris fell inside a cashew nut plantation more than 50 mts from village. while falling the missile broke into 2 pieces,falling 10mtr apart from each other. The larger part made a 5 feet deep crater. One of the wings( measuring 5 feet) was still intact.

As eye witness heard a loud sound there might have been a controlled explosion to destroy the missile rather than cutting of fuel to engine as mentioned in many sources

Would like to know other members and gurus take on this

Shirman

Country flag
6-8 months before next test.
WTF looking at its quad-launcher in ndtv video i thought they must have some 3-4 proto CM ready....:sad:
8 months max means early next year / 2014.........

Rajat Pandit in ToI says Nirbhay is majority made up of foreign parts...........:shocked::confused:
can any body elaborate this...... plz forgive me but the missile does look like a en-large version of klub-s missile

AS for the GPS US un-support raised by some members here can't our missile have glosnass based navi n guidance system........

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
WTF looking at its quad-launcher in ndtv video i thought they must have some 3-4 proto CM ready....:sad:
8 months max means early next year / 2014.........

Rajat Pandit in ToI says Nirbhay is majority made up of foreign parts...........:shocked::confused:
can any body elaborate this...... plz forgive me but the missile does look like a en-large version of klub-s missile

AS for the GPS US un-support raised by some members here can't our missile have glosnass based navi n guidance system........
only one was missile rest were dummies..........

nimo_cn

Country flag
Rumor had it that the missile was equiped with Russian engine, it might be the engine that caused the failure.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You can sell Scalp to Mali , Afghanistan & even pakistan sorry we don't want ur never tasted failure missile , we are ok with failed Nirbhay missile
It looks on target to me...

European Union has become poor so u will offer anything to earn $$ , Flankers are Dinos right but T-Rex not a pussy cat like Rafale . Go and compare itself with Su-35BM the best flanker in the world the Alpha male T-Rex . MMRCA will be cancelled again u people will beg in street don't worry:hail:
We will offer you anything but you keep buying it. IAF doesn't think Rafale is such a pussy cat and will spend more buying it than all expenditure on Flankers combined. They are already working out details for follow-on orders... I know how this will go so don't worry.

This is what our Ex general told on MMRCA
I am not going to bash this guy because I have respect for him. He only says what should be, not what is. He is mistaken about MMRCA, they have a successful business aviation unit and testing line besides Rafale. Another assumption he makes is that you can buy Dassault and make Rafale, there are more companies in the team. You cannot buy Thales and Safran with that money. The market cap is bigger than BAE or Lockheed Martin.

He actually outlines exactly what is wrong with DRDO and HAL. When India destroys public control of production and research let me know.

Anyway, this guy destroyed a career of distinction with his disrespect and insubordination of the decision of his superiors.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Whats the logic behind Mr. :noidea:
Copy-paste logic ! which says that indigenous things doesn't work, only copied-pasted things work. :p

On topic,

Wreckage was really damaged which proves that it was self-destructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles