Nirbhay Cruise Missile Development

no smoking

Country flag
I don't believe you are pointing out the weakness of the weapon. Rather you are exposing the weakness of your thinking process. Using simple examples to explain complex technology. Ever wondered why there are no wipers on a fighter plane canopy? And yet fighter planes can fly just fine in the rain.
Now, I can see that I did hurt someone's gut.

Craigs

Country flag
First of all, Iran's C802 is a sub-sonic cruise missile exported by Chinese in last 1990s, the working environment of its sensor is lot easier than sensor on the supersonic missile. So, there is no direct logic link Chinese sensor and Russian sensor..
Secondly, the Russian sensor is VERY GOOD. But because of the missile speed, it is facing more challenge than others. It is just like a Olympic champion may shoot down 2 of 10 targets when he is running at full speed, while I can shoot 4 target in static status. Who do you think is better?
First figure out why fighter plane canopies don't have wipers.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Craigs

Country flag
What is that analogy man? He is arguing with a technical point and you are asking some non relatable things.
He brought up the wiper analogy, I am only extending it. If you know the answer then say it.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And regarding anti shp role, the SAM is just one of the option to deal with incoming missile.
Unlike fighter jets, ship is a pretty large platform, it will have powerful jammers. Any anti ship missile with on board radar can be fooled these days with EWsuits, so approach silently is the key. Thats why US navy is investing on stealth sea skimming missile like LR anti shp missiles, thats why US has bought optically guidef NSM from norway.
Brahmos is a potent system, but it is not invincible. We need to diversify &modernise our antiship arsenal.
@Craigs

Craigs

Country flag
And regarding anti shp role, the SAM is just one of the option to deal with incoming missile.
Unlike fighter jets, ship is a pretty large platform, it will have powerful jammers. Any anti ship missile with on board radar can be fooled these days with EWsuits, so approach silently is the key. Thats why US navy is investing on stealth sea skimming missile like LR anti shp missiles, thats why US has bought optically guidef NSM from norway.
Brahmos is a potent system, but it is not invincible. We need to diversify &modernise our antiship arsenal.
@Craigs
If Brahmos is launched from under 300Km how much time do you think the adversary has to deploy counter measures. And please let's keep US out of this discussion, we are not looking to fight them in the foreseeable future (we don't have any conflicts with them).

What if it is launched under 150Km?

Craigs

Country flag
It's why US are stealing the ones purchased by France on a chinese airfield?
You have to ask US or France about that. I can't comment on things I know nothing about.

After your comment I do see reports from French news outlets about this story. It could also be planted by France to hide the shame of not having enough masks for its people.

Last edited:

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If Brahmos is launched from under 300Km how much time do you think the adversary has to deploy counter measures. And please let's keep US out of this discussion, we are not looking to fight them in the foreseeable future (we don't have any conflicts with them).

What if it is launched under 150Km?
Man, brahmos speed is around 1 kilometres per minutes, where the electro magnetic waves which used to jam is travelling at the speed of around 3 lakh kilometers per second. So they have enough times to react if they detected the launch, and if thr EW capable they can vey well jam the missile ease. But if we managed to launch brahmos undetected( presently PN lacks long range sensor suit i guess, so we are in advantage ) then we can make a sure shot.

Craigs

Country flag
Man, brahmos speed is around 1 kilometres per minutes, where the electro magnetic waves which used to jam is travelling at the speed of around 3 lakh kilometers per second. So they have enough times to react if they detected the launch, and if thr EW capable they can vey well jam the missile ease. But if we managed to launch brahmos undetected( presently PN lacks long range sensor suit i guess, so we are in advantage ) then we can make a sure shot.
I think you should take rest. Or brush up on your high school physics and math.

Ajax01

Country flag
WOW EM waves travel with speed of light brahmos travels at speed of sound so brahmos loses so EW wins. Great PKMKB (Physics ka MKB). Heard of attenuation? Heard of Radio Horizon? The seeker has ECCM functions plus a ship is a huge target multiple times the jamming power is required to protect it and even that isnt enough with lower time the seeker is exposed to jamming the more difficult its to jam .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Oh coooool. You can google. So speed has some advantages.
WOW EM waves travel with speed of light brahmos travels at speed of sound so brahmos loses so EW wins. Great PKMKB (Physics ka MKB). Heard of attenuation? Heard of Radio Horizon? The seeker has ECCM functions plus a ship is a huge target multiple times the jamming power is required to protect it and even that isnt enough with lower time the seeker is exposed to jamming the more difficult its to jam .
Ignore the trolls. Only discuss things with sincere members . No point wasting energy or forum bandwidth for idiots who don't know anything about missiles or radars. If they are sincere they will start reading more if not let them howl in ignorance.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Before making stupid reply do research on the power out from a missile seeker with that of a huge ship bound sensor.

Ajax01

Country flag
Before making stupid reply do research on the power out from a missile seeker with that of a huge ship bound sensor.
For the last time paki retard if that were the case no one would use missiles. You said EM waves travel at speed of light while brahmos travels at speed of sound so brahmos will fail. No matter the power output of an ew it cannot engage it beyond the horizon and by the time brahmos is detected its too late . Brahmos also gets updates from the firing platform not just its own seeker. Besides Brahmos seeker is way too close to effectively jam (heard of burn through range?). You cant just say ERP is great of a jammer the RCS of a huge ship is just as great. Really you should read more than blabber

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For the last time paki retard if that were the case no one would use missiles. You said EM waves travel at speed of light while brahmos travels at speed of sound so brahmos will fail. No matter the power output of an ew it cannot engage it beyond the horizon and by the time brahmos is detected its too late . Brahmos also gets updates from the firing platform not just its own seeker. Besides Brahmos seeker is way too close to effectively jam (heard of burn through range?). You cant just say ERP is great of a jammer the RCS of a huge ship is just as great. Really you should read more than blabber
Yeas, EM waves travels at the speed of light, and Brahmos travells at three times the speed of sound, Do you have any doubt on it?
That means the earlier they detect Brahmos launch the higher will be the chances for getting jammed.
If brahmos wants to make use horizon limitation then it needs to fly in sea skimming mode, in such conditions due to high density of air brahms's range will be limited to 120kms. In that case your ship itself is getting vulnerable to enemy fire.
Brahmos will get firing solution from the ship before it gets airborne, i dont know whether there is a data link exists between the mothership & flying brahmos.
I really didn't get what you are saying in the last two sentences.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles