Nirbhay Cruise Missile Development

sthf

Country flag
Much needed win. Dark clouds were looming on the program. Hopefully this will end the bad juju. Congrats DRDO. My only complaint is the slow pace of development.

Does anyone have an expected date of entry in service?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
What will be unit price of these missile can anybody say?

Vinod DX9

Country flag
So today Turbojet wasn't used?
And will Manik increase it's range to 1500 km?
And confirm, if today, turn test was come conducted

Shadow

Country flag
Cheers to DRDO.:truestory:
Certainly a great achievement.By the way how many more tests before it gets ready for induction?

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
So today Turbojet wasn't used?
And will Manik increase it's range to 1500 km?
And confirm, if today, turn test was come conducted
Which engine was used? Which engine is better? Is there any material regarding Pros and cons of turbofan vs turbojet for cruise missiles?

The way I see it, turbojet is fuel inefficient but gives high speed while turbofan is fuel efficient and gives subsonic speeds. Turbojet is fit for supersonic missiles while Turbofan is suitable for subsonic cruise missiles with long range. A new type of turbojet called Ramjet is being developed to get some advantage of the bypass air of turbofan to improve range and fuel efficiency and develop longer range supersonic cruise missiles. Still, these are not as long range as turbofan. Also, turbofan is highly maneuverable while tubojet is less maneuverable.

I don't understand why are many people here saying Nirbhay will use turbojet. Every subsonic cruise missile uses turbofan and for good reason. The thrust of such turbofan is about 4-5 kN and are not as complex as Kaveri engines. According to me, Turbofan is the only appropriate engine for Nirbhay.

Last edited:

Sameer Chaudhary

any official confirmation???

सांप सुंग गया हैं क्या सबको , अगर फेल हैं तो मातम मनाओ और अगर सक्सेस हैं तो पटाखे फोड़ो

कुछ तो करो otherwise पडोसी सारा मजा लूट ले जाएंगे , they started shouting that it is just fired not success.

sthf

Country flag
कुछ तो करो otherwise पडोसी सारा मजा लूट ले जाएंगे , they started shouting that it is just fired not success.
जिन चूतियों की अल्लाह भी नहीं सुन रहा उनकी तुम क्यों सुन रहे हो भाई।

Grow a spine. अपनी इज़्ज़त अपने हाथ।

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles