Nirbhay Cruise Missile Development

Tarun Kumar

Cruise Missiles, Artillery, small arms, personal equipment of troops and full access to Chinese Military satellite and Beidou etc etc

And possibly Air defense too (HQ 16 series SAM inducted last year)

All this with just $8 - 10 billion defense budget.
Lol thats the point, paki military is an extension of Chinese one. Tell me one country that gets an airforce for free which is what pak got from China and US.

Chinmoy

Country flag
To me QBM like pralay is more important as it cannot be intercepted and can be built by 100s to strike paki and chinese installations. DRDO must deploy Pralay by 2019.
Pralay and Shaurya are Surface to Surface missile, whereas CM like Nirbhay are Multi platform strategic missiles. Both are of different category.

jik60

Country flag
Cruise Missiles, Artillery, small arms, personal equipment of troops and full access to Chinese Military satellite and Beidou etc etc

And possibly Air defense too (HQ 16 series SAM inducted last year)

All this with just $8 - 10 billion defense budget.
Seems Plausible but not likely.
Apart from some personal gadget and firearms, (mostly came from uncle sam's aid) for their ssg and some batlns of Punjab rgmnt, none of them are a match to our systems.

CM: can't be compare with supersonic Brhamosh's true range of 600km. Yes Nirbhaya wud have been a feather on the cap but still hopeful that it will be a reality in next 3-4 years. It seems either GOI or armed forces didn't pay much necessary attention to nirbhaya dev process, as Brahmosh is readily available, and in the end ADE screwed it,

Arty: with the induction of Dhanush, M777, ATAGS and K9 in next 5yrs, adversaries's inventory gonna look pale in front of it. Pinaka is evolving as an excellent product, porkis have nothing in comparison , they have some cheine A100s comparable to Smrch.

AD: same with the Air Def, with the induction of MRSAM and S400 and probably own PAD and AAD, bakis can't even throw a stone to us.

Sats/GPS: Can't compare directly to a Chinese product, as India has its own advantages of 3. own IRNSS, GPS and GLOGNASS.

Apart from the facts, truly speaking as far as Air or Land warfare is concerned (bcoz in Naval warfare bakis cant even dare to compare 4 nxt 50 yrs) science 1947,India had never had a qualitative superiority against bakis, we always had the numbers. Only after 2000s after getting Su30mkis and T90s, , we got the air dominance and armored superiority over them. 2000s onward we got sm real gud thing, like mkis,t90s,pinaka,smerch,akash, brhamosh, which made us to get an qual as well as quan advantage over bakis, and some qual score over Chinese. But Porkis are surviving their banana republic and de facto Marshall's law, because they are the blind believer of their rulers and masters. Where as we (mostly civilians) are a nation of super agnostics. We take pride in undermining our own strength.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Seems Plausible but not likely.
Apart from some personal gadget and firearms, (mostly came from uncle sam's aid) for their ssg and some batlns of Punjab rgmnt, none of them are a match to our systems.

CM: can't be compare with supersonic Brhamosh's true range of 600km. Yes Nirbhaya wud have been a feather on the cap but still hopeful that it will be a reality in next 3-4 years. It seems either GOI or armed forces didn't pay much necessary attention to nirbhaya dev process, as Brahmosh is readily available, and in the end ADE screwed it,

Arty: with the induction of Dhanush, M777, ATAGS and K9 in next 5yrs, adversaries's inventory gonna look pale in front of it. Pinaka is evolving as an excellent product, porkis have nothing in comparison , they have some cheine A100s comparable to Smrch.

AD: same with the Air Def, with the induction of MRSAM and S400 and probably own PAD and AAD, bakis can't even throw a stone to us.

Sats/GPS: Can't compare directly to a Chinese product, as India has its own advantages of 3. own IRNSS, GPS and GLOGNASS.

Apart from the facts, truly speaking as far as Air or Land warfare is concerned (bcoz in Naval warfare bakis cant even dare to compare 4 nxt 50 yrs) science 1947,India had never had a qualitative superiority against bakis, we always had the numbers. Only after 2000s after getting Su30mkis and T90s, , we got the air dominance and armored superiority over them. 2000s onward we got sm real gud thing, like mkis,t90s,pinaka,smerch,akash, brhamosh, which made us to get an qual as well as quan advantage over bakis, and some qual score over Chinese. But Porkis are surviving their banana republic and de facto Marshall's law, because they are the blind believer of their rulers and masters. Where as we (mostly civilians) are a nation of super agnostics. We take pride in undermining our own strength.

Irrelevant post. We shall debate when all these S 400, ATAGS, k9 etc etc are inducted in the future.

Your claim that only Punjab regt and SSG got better equipped than Indian troops is also incorrect.

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
90% of our submarines are capable of firing SLCM both in Land attack and anti Ship modes in single and salvo fire using either VLS or torpedo tubes. The missile name is Club-S. May be poster can add another SLCM name which I do not know that India operates.

Brahmos-III is SLCM under development. It won't go Nirbhya way; I can assure you.
Club S is not our home built product.

even in the inventry there is nothing like CM with subsonic speed built in home.

the problem is, I cannot buy this argument that we have managed to build super sonic CM which is tougher technology to master than sub sonic CM but not doing really well with the sub sonic CM.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Then why are we developing Nirbhay?

Brahmos is joint venture. And Nirbhay is pure indegenous and sub sonic CM.

Both are different technologies and projects.
Lots of reason. As you have already mentioned, both Brahmos and Nirbhay are two different missiles of two different qualities. In terms of capability, a subsonic CM of Nirbhay calibre is much more potent in taking down wide range of targets. The potency of Brahmos lies in its speed. But you have to keep it in mind that with that speed comes some sort of drawbacks too.
For example Brahmos is good to penetrate a highly saturated air defence area with its speed, period. But it is effective only on stationary target like army base or aerodrome or other strategic targets. But with its loitering capability and its slow speed, Nirbhay could be used against moving target also. Strategically speaking, CM like Nirbhay could carry out missions which Brahmos could not.
There are few more important aspect of both the missiles. None of them is supplementary to each other, but does compliment each other in many aspects.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Club S is not our home built product.

even in the inventry there is nothing like CM with subsonic speed built in home.

the problem is, I cannot buy this argument that we have managed to build super sonic CM which is tougher technology to master than sub sonic CM but not doing really well with the sub sonic CM.
Actually in a way, Brahmos is comparatively easier tech then Nirbhay when it comes into flight mechanism and engine.
About same tech of Brahmos is been incorporated into Akash too.

m-jeri

Actually in a way, Brahmos is comparatively easier tech then Nirbhay when it comes into flight mechanism and engine.
About same tech of Brahmos is been incorporated into Akash too.
No. Completely wrong about almost everything.

1. Brahmos was easier to master because Russians helped.
2. Nirbhay tech is as hard or more hard to master
3. Do not even understand how you thought brahmos to Akash was possible.

Chinmoy

Country flag
No. Completely wrong about almost everything.

1. Brahmos was easier to master because Russians helped.
2. Nirbhay tech is as hard or more hard to master
3. Do not even understand how you thought brahmos to Akash was possible.
First read what I had written above.
I had simply compared the engine or flight mechanism. In Brahmos we are using the RAMJET engine which is of Russian tech and in Nirbhay too currently Russian turbo fan engine is in use.
The seeker tech in Brahmos is of Russian origin, whereas its other aeronautics and software parts are Indian. In case of Nirbhay, this whole part is Indian. Moreover Brahmos had been derived from an existing Oniks, whereas there is no predecessor to Nirbhay. In that sense, tech of Nirbhay is obviously hard for the designers.
In case of Brahmos and Akash, I had simply compared the engine. Both of them make use of RAMJET engines. The one in BRAHMOS is of Russian origin and design, the one in Akash is Indian. No fool would ever compare a CM with a SAM in all aspect.

m-jeri

First read what I had written above.
I had simply compared the engine or flight mechanism. In Brahmos we are using the RAMJET engine which is of Russian tech and in Nirbhay too currently Russian turbo fan engine is in use.
The seeker tech in Brahmos is of Russian origin, whereas its other aeronautics and software parts are Indian. In case of Nirbhay, this whole part is Indian. Moreover Brahmos had been derived from an existing Oniks, whereas there is no predecessor to Nirbhay. In that sense, tech of Nirbhay is obviously hard for the designers.
In case of Brahmos and Akash, I had simply compared the engine. Both of them make use of RAMJET engines. The one in BRAHMOS is of Russian origin and design, the one in Akash is Indian. No fool would ever compare a CM with a SAM in all aspect.
Wonderful Imagination. But you are not addressing your original post. Lots of back tracking. So from the get go, I understand this will be my last reply to you.

Correct about Ramjet and Turbojet.
Aeronautics in brahmos is a very generic term. So you need to expand on that. Because if you want to be generic. There is lots of Russian in it.

Brahmos and Akash have ramjets. Thats where it stops. Nothing, I mean nothing made its way to Akash.

First hand information I am giving you..

Again, this was your original post

"
Actually in a way, Brahmos is comparatively easier tech then Nirbhay when it comes into flight mechanism and engine. About same tech of Brahmos is been incorporated into Akash too.
"

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I am not sure why people are so nervous on single failure of the system whose defect were already identified even before the launch, And Nirbay is not front-line SLCM yet but variation PJ-10 is ..

Behave like pros ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Ramjet technology is not same for PJ-10 and Akash systems ..

In past Nirbhay was also using ramjet and not turbine ..

Actually in a way, Brahmos is comparatively easier tech then Nirbhay when it comes into flight mechanism and engine. About same tech of Brahmos is been incorporated into Akash too."

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Its my assumption that it has a Ram jet, That is because Turbine engine won`t be producing flame at its top speed unless its a flame-out, you can notice such a flames observed in Ram / pulse jets, From 1:17 to 2:07 ..

Ram jet have unique characteristic, They go brup-brup with unique flame at rear ..

=====
=====

Nirbhay never used ramjet technology .

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Wonderful Imagination. But you are not addressing your original post. Lots of back tracking. So from the get go, I understand this will be my last reply to you.

Correct about Ramjet and Turbojet.
Aeronautics in brahmos is a very generic term. So you need to expand on that. Because if you want to be generic. There is lots of Russian in it.

Brahmos and Akash have ramjets. Thats where it stops. Nothing, I mean nothing made its way to Akash.

First hand information I am giving you..

Again, this was your original post

"
Actually in a way, Brahmos is comparatively easier tech then Nirbhay when it comes into flight mechanism and engine. About same tech of Brahmos is been incorporated into Akash too.
"
You should know the fact that both BRAHMOS and Nirbhay uses Russian engine tech. But for us RAMJET is comparatively easy then developing a Turbofan engine. India has its own RAMJET engine which has been flight tested both in Akash as well as recent sounding rocket by ISRo, which was BTW a DRDO design.
Nowhere I mentioned that any BRAHMOS tech has gone into Akash. This is a simple comparison. And you better read the complete post before jumping into any conclusion.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I am not sure why people are so nervous on single failure of the system whose defect were already identified even before the launch, And Nirbay is not front-line SLCM yet but variation PJ-10 is ..

Behave like pros ..
Because there is a whole bunch of people who want to discredit entire Indian missile program at the drop of the hat.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles