New Ishapore`s Assult Rifle Goes Into Production

ghost

The 3000 figure i wrote was based on the quote from Saurav Jha'S tweet.If you didn't read that ,then its not my fault.
Concerning the License given to East Block nations,That was only for manufacture and not for export.
And regarding the authenticity of tehelka ,AFAIK they had brought out the news on barak missile scam.
And against your repeated statement that i put NWFP arms as bench mark i had made it clear,I just said it literallyjust to show the plight of Indian small arms industry which couldn't produce a world class weapon.
Please give me thhe link for the OP or what ever youu are claiming for the massive order for 50000 figure.

@ALBY sir,

I agree with the you they could have made certain improvement over the original design ,they could have also develop whole new platform for 7.62 .I am sure GSQR did not state that they want copy of ak 47.Having said that Ak is a fine rifle and I think if it's not too revolutionary as a system, it is a reliable and proven in itself.They should look towards adopting Excalibur stock on it.I am also interested to see the magazine they have adopted.

I hope that CRPF issue red dot sight on these as standard.

I feel that they have mated INSAS trigger group with AK bolt carrier,I am not sure just a feeling.In the following pic you can see the similarity with the insas trigger group

Ghatak

Insas

Bulgarian AK.

@ladder sir, for your information ghatak was developed by RFI and SAF: 7.62mm Assault Rifle (Ghaatak) : RFI, SAF has developed this weapon and successfully
trial evaluated by BoO of MHA. PMS allocation received for 3007 nos.

http://bpms.org.in/documents/axn-tkn-on-16th-ordinary-meeting-ofb-en3c.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag
@ALBY sir,

I agree with the you they could have made certain improvement over the original design ,they could have also develop whole new platform for 7.62 .I am sure GSQR did not state that they want copy of ak 47.Having said that Ak is a fine rifle and I think if it's not too revolutionary as a system, it is a reliable and proven in itself.They should look towards adopting Excalibur stock on it.I am also interested to see the magazine they have adopted.

I hope that CRPF issue red dot sight on these as standard.

I feel that they have mated INSAS trigger group with AK bolt carrier,I am not sure just a feeling.In the following pic you can see the similarity with the insas trigger group

Ghatak

Insas

Bulgarian AK.

@ladder sir, for your information ghatak was developed by RFI and SAF: 7.62mm Assault Rifle (Ghaatak) : RFI, SAF has developed this weapon and successfully
trial evaluated by BoO of MHA. PMS allocation received for 3007 nos.

http://bpms.org.in/documents/axn-tkn-on-16th-ordinary-meeting-ofb-en3c.pdf
Yes, you are right about trigger group. It's similar with FNC and Insas. I have stated about it in an earlier post.

33007. Read the tender document. OFB can't issue tender without indent.

It is a part of order of 50,000 or so rifles.

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
What ever be the figure, i hope the weapon to be successful.Concerning the development of PKTM gun OFB should also try to develop a 7.62X51mm GPMG in the lines of PKM meant for regualr infantry as Brens lack ammo capacity and bulky,MAGs are good but too bulky comparedd with PKs used by SF.

anupamsurey

Country flag
effective range of 300 m, one will be dead before he reaches this range to kill an enemy. is this range normal for an assault rifle?

pmaitra

effective range of 300 m, one will be dead before he reaches this range to kill an enemy. is this range normal for an assault rifle?
There are plenty of threads on assault rifles. 300 m is a normal range.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The pistol grip seems to be am indigenious development so is the vertical fore grip.Also a AR-15 type collapsible stock would have been useful for CQBs rather than fixed stocks.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The firearm is design for CQB, In that sense the Rifle range with respect to its specs fits the role ..

It is made to replace foreign origin AKs and to stop further import of AKMs ..

==============

Excalibur fold-able butt stock
========

Amogh carbine, Note the hand grip
========

They should have added Excalibur fold-able butt stock, The hand grip is from Amogh carbine ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The most important part of these rifles are they are made in India, By doing so it is cheaper to produce in mass compare to imported AK rifles ..

That was the main purpose these Rifle are produced on first place ..

jouni

The most important part of these rifles are they are made in India, By doing so it is cheaper to produce in mass compare to imported AK rifles ..

That was the main purpose these Rifle are produced on first place ..
You said you used finnish design in barrels. Are you aiming to same quality as our RK62 and RK95?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I cannot say about this recent produced AK, But INSAS 1B1 is perhaps better than your RK62 or RK96 in high altitude colder conditions ..

You said you used finnish design in barrels. Are you aiming to same quality as our RK62 and RK95?

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Apart from picatinny rail, optic and foldable foregrip this rifle is not showing any major advancements over a conventional ak. From a technical point of view are there any modifications made over a standard ak that anyone knows about ???

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You should read the first post on the first page of this thread, It said everything in detail ..

Apart from picatinny rail, optic and foldable foregrip this rifle is not showing any major advancements over a conventional ak. From a technical point of view are there any modificstions made over a standard ak that anyone knows about ???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles