Mountain Strike Corps - 17

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
One question I have also asked is who will be able to maintain supply lines longer? China has yet
To demonstrate war capability beyond it's borders except a loss to the vietnamese in a border
War.
Chinese plan to wage a short, intense multidimensional war which should be over in days and not even weeks. So the importance of maintenance reduces that much. Neither India nor China will be waging wars on LAC over months and years.

Mountain Corps (readily available troops) becomes that much relevant in such a scenario who will bear their weight on the events straight away rather wait for a prolonged conflict.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Could you tell the Chinese teacher of these Tibet scouts that Chinese and Cantonese are actually the same language? Cantonese is just a dialect, like English with a strong southern accent. It will be really funny to find a group of Tibetans speaking Cantonese in Tibet. They will get a lot of attentions.

I don't think Chinese is hard to learn but your logic doesn't make sense to me. The reason Chinese is easier to know is that Chinese is more wordy than English or Hindi. Could you explain more?
Cantonese is a Yue dialect.

Although Cantonese shares much vocabulary with Mandarin Chinese, the two languages are not mutually intelligible because of pronunciation, grammatical, and also lexical differences. Sentence structure, in particular the placement of verbs, sometimes differs between the two languages. The use of vocabulary in Cantonese also tends to have more historic roots. One of the most notable differences between Cantonese and Mandarin is how the spoken word is written; with Mandarin the spoken word is written as such, whereas with Cantonese there may not be a direct written word matching what was said.[3][4] This results in the situation in which a Mandarin and Cantonese text almost look the same, but both are pronounced differently.

Wiki

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Difference between Mandarin and Chinese

Last edited by a moderator:

sasi

edit

Kunal is wrong on many aspects here. The secret Tibet scouts over 10k in strength which provide us with all the vital info have not been factored in and also the whole Idea of having strike corps for Tibet has not sunk in to the mind of members here. These tibettans will be part of each and every company of which ever unit which operates in China and now with bigger focus on learning Mandarin /cantonese for IA, Things will be very different.
To tell you the truth, If you translate an essay with 800 chinese pictorial language into English, you will need about 3000 english words. But if you converted a Sanskrit or Hindi essay of 3000 words into english, you will need nearly similar number of words. So while we can learn Mandarin and Cantonese quickly, it is very difficult for chinese to do so given the lack of pictorial characters of their language.
i am not sure it's still 10k. I believe its strength is now 700+ . Even though we used them effectively in 1971. There are gossips some IA wants to revamp it though.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
Chinese plan to wage a short, intense multidimensional war which should be over in days and not even weeks. So the importance of maintenance reduces that much. Neither India nor China will be waging wars on LAC over months and years.

Mountain Corps (readily available troops) becomes that much relevant in such a scenario who will bear their weight on the events straight away rather wait for a prolonged conflict.
well in current time they will eat us like a cat rat situation

Decklander

The real force size of Indian armed forces is far higher than what has been published. I am still in reserve and will remain so till I acquire the age of 55 yrs which is still 7 yrs away. We can within 30days of general mobilisation line up more that 4cr well armed fighters who will be capable of fighting in every manner as reqd by the situation. This includes Paramilitary soldiers.

Country flag
The very idea of supply lines varies between the two countries. On the Chinese side we have the ultra modern highway and high speed railway which enables a very fast and efficient logistics supply to the fighting force. This in turn enables the commanders to open more fronts and maintain a faster tempo of operations.

On the Indian side, we have a unique supply line. On one hand we have the 21st century Air supply lines, and on the other the 16th century mule lines. Its very slow and incapable of moving heavy equipment anywhere close to the PLA capability, but is also extremely resiliant to Air strikes.

The Vietnam war proved the resiliance of the human/animal supply lines, when despite million tons of ordinance being dropped on the Vietcong, the Americans were unable to destroy the supply lines. Note that this was the same AF that wiped out the German conventional supply lines in 1944-45.

You have asked who can maintain supply lines longer, but the more pressing Question IMHO would be whose supply lines can take the most pounding.
One raill line is a reliable supply line?

Country flag

All wars.start with plans of being a short war.
Against a high population like india short wars have never been the norm.
In regard to your post the Chinese will be fast and blow their load in one shot
What happens when this fail? The Indian simply hold their positions wear the
Chinese down destroy supply lines and then break the Chinese down.

Country flag
Everyone has spoken about india being defensive. I will ask an offensive question and give
My opinion. What can india do offensively ? War is costly and something should be. Gained.
I propose a front be opened in Tibet and as much territory be taken this is my answer.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Strike forces in that region can effectively make counter attacks, how much deeper is not known and due to the terrain it wont be much..

I propose a front be opened in Tibet and as much territory be taken this is my answer.

Coalmine

Country flag
saar Is the mountain corps is in addition to the 50000 troops to be stationed at panagarh.????

arya

Country flag
Everyone has spoken about india being defensive. I will ask an offensive question and give
My opinion. What can india do offensively ? War is costly and something should be. Gained.
you are right but what will be usa reaction , we know russia will not help us against china , what about usa ??

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
50,000 are not part of strike crop, they will be additional to the once already stationed there..

Don't know where they will be deployed in whole or in parts..

saar Is the mountain corps is in addition to the 50000 troops to be stationed at panagarh.????

arya

Country flag
50,000 are not part of strike crop, they will be additional to the once already stationed there..

Don't know where they will be deployed in whole or in parts..
dont you think we should clear MMRCA, AC For IN , artillery for force, lca, and other things as compare to increase human numbers .

why not we are clearing pending job

Country flag
you are right but what will be usa reaction , we know russia will not help us against china , what about usa ??
USA will help, us special forces have been working with Indian troops for a decade.

LalTopi

All wars.start with plans of being a short war.
Against a high population like india short wars have never been the norm.
In regard to your post the Chinese will be fast and blow their load in one shot
What happens when this fail? The Indian simply hold their positions wear the
Chinese down destroy supply lines and then break the Chinese down.
Agreed. They will want a quick war and force their view of where the border lies. however it is in our interests to hold them off in the mountains as long as possible and cut their supply lines of at the Mallaca straights. Yes they have reserves of oil, which maybe IA or missiles can target, but they will feel the heat economically. international economy will take a hit and there will be huge pressure on us to settle for peace, which we should resist unless we get huge concessions.

Above is our defensive strategy. An offensive strategy would be to develop and maintain the strike force capability and then wait for signs of weakness. Maybe they will start a conflict on another border and we can take advantage or maybe there is internal strife in Tibet or China itself.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles