Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Kumaoni

That's not what I was asking, kid. What I meant to ask was, Why do you think that a Designated Marksman cannot match a sniper if the said DM is provided with the right tools, i.e., a precision rifle like the Sako TRG (or just pick one of your liking) and the training to use it to its full potential?? Heck, if we are talking about dominating them, then we might as well go all in and order this little doohickey to go with it.
Dont snipers have more range than DMRs?

Kumaoni

Again, did you read a word I posted?? Please, try to give the comment a thorough reading before you decide to reply.
Do any of the precision rifles you mentioned kill beyond 800 meters? that’s what I’m asking for here

Blood+

Country flag
Do any of the precision rifles you mentioned kill beyond 800 meters? that’s what I’m asking for here
Of course!! Like the one I mentioned—Sako TRG—look it up. It's a proper sniper rifle. Sniping is a lot more than just being an excellent shooter, it's a lot more than that and takes up a lot of time to learn and implement, a lot more so than the shooting part itself. All I'm saying here is that, we do not need all that fancy stuff to dominate the Pakistanis in the current setting.
Now, I'm not saying that we should not have proper snipers; we definitely should. It's just that, they are not needed for just taking potshots at Pakistanis.

Kumaoni

Infantrymen who hunted down 5 terrorists in surankote earlier this year. Zero cas to own troops. These weren’t your run of the mill Kashmiri drug addicts too they were seasoned veterans from Afghanistan and likely eliminated many ANA cowards

not gonna lie, im glad to see less fibre glass helmets and more standardized equipments amongst frontline troopers and RR. Some soldiers seen in patkas Some seen in High cuts

https://reddit.com/r/IndianDefense/s/fqH1stjShI

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Have a look at the infantry gear for common Taiwanese conscripts. These are regular conscripts doing training on the weekends.

Infantryman skill is not rocket science.

only thing is that fitness needs to be maintained.Rest all can be maintained by even 2 hours of skill training a week.

look at indian infantry..or paki infantry…do you think they spend 6 days a week learning new things?

bullshit..they just get ragda..leave with the same knowledge that they are inducted with and have 0 knowledge of new weapons technology

armoured is the same..

only sf is trained on a daily basis that too intial 5 years.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

only thing is that fitness needs to be maintained.Rest all can be maintained by even 2 hours of skill training a week.

look at indian infantry..or paki infantry…do you think they spend 6 days a week learning new things?

bullshit..they just get ragda..leave with the same knowledge that they are inducted with and have 0 knowledge of new weapons technology

armoured is the same..

Infantry skill comes down to muscle memory. That requires lots of constant practice and lots of rounds downrange, along with constant exercises with those laser and blanks combos, to simulate combat.

How many internal exercises have you guys seen in the IA where they use blanks and lasers in realistic combat simulations, to test out and practice infantry tactics? The only time I've seen IA use those are in International exercises. Otherwise, all our internal exercises like Shatrujeet are scripted mass mobilization against cardboard targets. The only thing practiced there is logistics.

On the other hand, you look at any NATO infantry exercise, and it's always with two opposing teams tasked with taking each other out, using simulated combat with blanks.

Hell, even Russia and China don't do that regularly, apart from a few photo Ops.

Kumaoni

armoured is the same..

There’s no new weapons technology that they are learning

Kumaoni

Infantry skill comes down to muscle memory. That requires lots of constant practice and lots of rounds downrange, along with constant exercises with those laser and blanks combos, to simulate combat.

How many internal exercises have you guys seen in the IA where they use blanks and lasers in realistic combat simulations, to test out and practice infantry tactics? The only time I've seen IA use those are in International exercises. Otherwise, all our internal exercises like Shatrujeet are scripted mass mobilization against cardboard targets. The only thing practiced there is logistics.

On the other hand, you look at any NATO infantry exercise, and it's always with two opposing teams tasked with taking each other out, using simulated combat with blanks.

Hell, even Russia and China don't do that regularly, apart from a few photo Ops.
Yup. This is true. I’d much rather follow the NATO doctrine of training. Ditch cum bund assaults are not realistic. Most of said training happenes in a 2 year peace tenure.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

2 hour a week per jawan thatsit.
No need to maintain such big cantonments.

just send everyone home and ask them to report at a training centre for 1 day a week at so and so time.

organise big exercises quaterly to create that bond.

once a month organise a party and invite families ie bara khana

give them online modules to study in hindi

give them a fitness tracker with gps to monitor exercise at home..fine them for not doing so

And you cut the salary a bit also and the jawans wont complain coz they will live at home

And you will have an Army well trained and motivated than now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles