MMRCA 2.0: News & Discussions

BangaliBabu

Country flag
USA is More Important To For us than Russians (We have keep them Too) against Chinese

Providing them minimum Support is different from Giving them Weapons that can change Geopolitical strategy

500 AMRAAM's are already a Major threat

Neither I am saying that USA Will Do anything after MMRCA 2.0

US Firms are already knew that Rafale was Top priority for india

But Reality is USA Foreign Policy are Runs on two Principle

Sell oil or Sell weapons

Indian Establishment has Very difficult Task ahead after Post corona

If USA goes against Chinese What Will be our Move
'
Russians Will Align With Chinese its there Geopolitics

Covid-19 May Start another Cold war

And India will be Sandwiched btw Two Fronts
ahh yes And India will be Sandwiched btw Two Fronts

The "sitting on top of the fence and refereeing two caged MMA fighters (as cozying up in-between is risky)" attitude.

Then expect India to be an international pariah well into the 22nd century too.........:brahmos:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
And if Russian tech :rollseyes: was so good, it'd have pushed out Rafale in competition.
That can be said for your America's tech :rollseyes: too!.. There is a lot of room between "better than Rafale" & "junk", but you already know all that very well.
Aligning With Powerful nations like USA and Russians is Like Signing Contract With Devil

You need Feed them Something

In Russian case Needless Purchase Or Cold Era Tech Which Substandard techs when We have French And Israeli's Options available

Leasing more Nuclear Submarines

Buying Costly Second hand AC paying Equal to Building a new one

This is a Same case With USA now

We have buy Something Tangible To keep them Align To our Foreign policies

St-oping them To Make Shift

One MLU For PAF F-16 Like upgrading it To BLK 60 or Access To UAE ones Can change Dynamics for us

So We Don't Need To Poke "The Eagle"
Ok. This is getting offtopic & repeatative.

Here's the thing... We'll have to keep importing subsystems to either augment our manufacturing, or fill-in tech gap like Elbit HMDS, Saab MAWS, Elta EW. Small orders like Apache & F404/414. But wholesale kidneyselling take-my-money projects like P-75I or S-400 are the lasts like them, no matter how much that fact pains you (because neither is going to uncle).

One thing Nehru had sown the seeds for, credit where due, is we WILL keep buying from everybody irrespective of what any of them thinks of each other. Turkey, Israel, Europe, USA, Russia.

And this MMRCA2 is over!

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Close this thread just like we burn dead body, all the mourning will stop and start a new life with our own fighter bird made for us as a first priority..
Not until official confirmation, or further updates on decision related to the alternative use of those funds...
And I need a place to post the following randi rona of dalals for people to jack off to.

WolfPack86

Country flag
IAF to acquire 450 fighter aircraft in future, says Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria
In the future, the Indian Air Force is planning to acquire 450 fighter aircraft for deployment on the northern and western frontiers of the country, Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria said on Monday.

The list of aircraft planned to be inducted by the Air Force include 36 Rafales, 114 Multirole Fighter Aircraft, 100 Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and over 200 variants of the Light Combat Aircraft.

"In the next 15 years, 83 LCAs are our primary focus, after that LCA Mark 2 will come in we are looking at close to 100 of those, that makes it near 200 of LCA class," Bhadauria told ANI in an interview.

"AMCA, we are looking at six squadrons, so that puts it close to 100 (aircraft). So, in the indigenous domain areas which are already frozen in terms of our requirement, in terms of our understanding with DRDO in the fighter (segment)," said the Air Force Chief.

He added that the induction of these fighters would take place over a period of the next 35 years as the inductions have to be planned to keep in mind the future requirements.

The Air Force Chief said: "In the trainer aircraft segment, we are looking at 70 HTT-40 as a support aircraft to the Pilatus fleet. So, we are looking at 370 odd indigenous aircraft."

The IAF chief said that currently it was the best time from the point of view for indigenous production and said, "It is now the perfect time for industries to respond and come up with solutions which are rapidly put in place and come up to the challenge of delivering these aircraft."

On plans to acquire 114 multirole fighter aircraft, he said, "this project is in the middle-weight and is in the Rafale class, in this issue, we will deal with it in the Make in India region, with an increase in FDI, with support to the private sector. I think in future this will bring in technology which is required to support the aviation sector. I think it is important to have another generation of aircraft in terms of capability, technology as we go along."

A few months ago, the Indian Air Force was facing a shortage of around 10 squadrons of Combat Aircraft in view of phasing out of the MiG-21 and MiG-27 fighters planes.

WARREN SS

Country flag
IAF to acquire 450 fighter aircraft in future, says Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria
In the future, the Indian Air Force is planning to acquire 450 fighter aircraft for deployment on the northern and western frontiers of the country, Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria said on Monday.

The list of aircraft planned to be inducted by the Air Force include 36 Rafales, 114 Multirole Fighter Aircraft, 100 Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and over 200 variants of the Light Combat Aircraft.

"In the next 15 years, 83 LCAs are our primary focus, after that LCA Mark 2 will come in we are looking at close to 100 of those, that makes it near 200 of LCA class," Bhadauria told ANI in an interview.

"AMCA, we are looking at six squadrons, so that puts it close to 100 (aircraft). So, in the indigenous domain areas which are already frozen in terms of our requirement, in terms of our understanding with DRDO in the fighter (segment)," said the Air Force Chief.

He added that the induction of these fighters would take place over a period of the next 35 years as the inductions have to be planned to keep in mind the future requirements.

The Air Force Chief said: "In the trainer aircraft segment, we are looking at 70 HTT-40 as a support aircraft to the Pilatus fleet. So, we are looking at 370 odd indigenous aircraft."

The IAF chief said that currently it was the best time from the point of view for indigenous production and said, "It is now the perfect time for industries to respond and come up with solutions which are rapidly put in place and come up to the challenge of delivering these aircraft."

On plans to acquire 114 multirole fighter aircraft, he said, "this project is in the middle-weight and is in the Rafale class, in this issue, we will deal with it in the Make in India region, with an increase in FDI, with support to the private sector. I think in future this will bring in technology which is required to support the aviation sector. I think it is important to have another generation of aircraft in terms of capability, technology as we go along."

A few months ago, the Indian Air Force was facing a shortage of around 10 squadrons of Combat Aircraft in view of phasing out of the MiG-21 and MiG-27 fighters planes.
:megusta::megusta::megusta: Told you IAF Not Let it go

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Oi vey!!! Looks like RKSB visits this form too!!!! :shock: I just gave the 100 pieces jargon earlier (knowing these guys very well) and now this :hehe: That just means a B2-like secret group will be working 24x7 away from all the fanfare and limelight unlike the F-22.........

Bajirao

Country flag
After investing so much energy and money,only 100 mk2 and 100 amca...our air marshals are behaving like women gone to shopping for dress....one piece skirt,one piece jeans,......,......,........,......and one piece saree...iaf wants to make a supermarket of various fighter design...i think govt. should allow them whatever they want but by their own money not taxpayers

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
100 Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and over 200 variants of the Light Combat Aircraft.

In the trainer aircraft segment, we are looking at 70 HTT-40 as a support aircraft to the Pilatus fleet. So, we are looking at 370 odd indigenous aircraft."
After investing so much energy and money,only 100 mk2 and 100 amca...our air marshals are behaving like women gone to shopping for dress....one piece skirt,one piece jeans,......,......,........,......and one piece saree.
Exactly my point... He's either making waaaaay conservative estimates, or we are downsizing to <40 squadrons.

That many for "induction over 35 years" to replace all Mig-21/29, Mirage-2000 and Jaguars! o_O
The list of aircraft planned to be inducted by the Air Force include 36 Rafales, 114 Multirole Fighter Aircraft...
...On plans to acquire 114 multirole fighter aircraft, he said, "this project is in the middle-weight and is in the Rafale class".
Not Rafale, "Rafale class"?.. Can't import for next 5 years after what will happen to our economy after Lockdown-5.

ORCA 🤞

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
After investing so much energy and money,only 100 mk2 and 100 amca...our air marshals are behaving like women gone to shopping for dress....one piece skirt,one piece jeans,......,......,........,......and one piece saree...iaf wants to make a supermarket of various fighter design...i think govt. should allow them whatever they want but by their own money not taxpayers
Talk is cheap

MMRCA was Important Even More than S-400

IAF is flying a fucking Mig-21 for 50 years
Lost Pilots

They Put forward there demand in 2000 onward in Recommendation committee Since then MOD fucked up
With MMRCA

Lets Not talk about HAL babus Even Now We are not sure they Will deliver LCA MK1A or MWF on Delivery schedules

Isn't Navy Demand for IAC-3 Is Needless When they know it Will cost us 15 billion $

Sure Taxpayers have balls to Sit in Mirage-2000 IN And Cross in to 80 km into Enemy territory

PS: All IAF Officers are Taxpayers Too There Salary deduct TDS every month

WARREN SS

Country flag
Not Rafale, "Rafale class"?.. Can't import for next 5 years after what will happen to our economy after Lockdown-5.

ORCA
Only Rafale Deals Like S-400 And P-75 I and IAC-3 Will go in back burner or Should be shelved

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Only Rafale
Ofcourse, you didn't need to say that. I know.

35 years is a long time to predict anything, but in next 5 years... no chance!
You know.

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
Ofcourse, you didn't need to say that. I know.

Let's see. 35 years ia a long time.
I am all for Indigenous

But LCA in Current Form decade behind RAFALE F3R even MK1A

And ARDE And BEL are Decade behind in EW And Avionics than Thales
goes for LRDE

Induction MK1A in 2023 by the Time We have 2 Squadrons of Rafale F3R operational

It Will take 2025 to get 1st LCA MK1A squadron ready While PAF Will have 3 squadron of BLOCK 3

MWF Will be inducted in 2027 It Will operational by 2030

Bajirao

Country flag
Exactly my point. He's either making waaaaay conservative estimates, or we are downsizing to <40 squadrons.

That many for "induction over 35 years" to replace Mig-21/29, Mirage-2000 and Jaguars?!..

ORCA 🤞
Iaf 40 sqardron ambition long gone,currently they are planning 30 squardron....by 2055 almost 200 sukhoi will cross 40 year age and by the iaf boss's indication they will be replaced by only 100 amca.i think there is no purpose for designing such a costly jet only for 100 piece.why not just buy 100 fifth gen. jet from foreign and save some money..

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I am all for Indigenous

And ARDE And BEL are Decade behind in EW And Avionics than Thales goes for LRDE

Induction MK1A in 2023 by the Time We have 2 Squadrons of Rafale F3R operational

It Will take 2025 to get 1st LCA MK1A squadron ready While PAF Will have 3 squadron of BLOCK 3

Nonetheless, unless anyone is to let us gift the jets for 5-7 years we can't afford a $15bil dollar deal. IAC-3 is practically cancelled due to that, and that was before Covid-19.
Extrapolating the tech gap we've bridged in past 10 years, post 2025 AMCA/ORCA wouldn't be behind.

But for next 2-3 years I predict stopgap piecemeal orders, definitely those Mig-29s, maybe more Rafales, hopefully Tejas FOC... Let's see, I've been right before on these.

Iaf 40 sqardron ambition long gone,currently they are planning 30 squardron....by 2055 almost 200 sukhoi will cross 40 year age and by the iaf boss's indication they will be replaced by only 100 amca.i think there is no purpose for designing such a costly jet only for 100 piece.why not just buy 100 fifth gen. jet from foreign and save some money..
Ok, those were very very VERY conservative estimates. Chill out.

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Now it looks like there is some internal power struggle between MOD CDS and IAF just like what we have seen with Navy 3rd aircraft carrier.
I dunno how we will get funds to buy 83MK1A 112 jets and other critical equipments.
In total MMRCA will cost around 20 billion $.

Knowitall

Now it looks like there is some internal power struggle between MOD CDS and IAF just like what we have seen with Navy 3rd aircraft carrier.
I dunno how we will get funds to buy 83MK1A 112 jets and other critical equipments.
Are ye sab chalte rahega I have read the 10-15 articles like this and yet we haven't even placed an order mk1a yet.

And I'm still very confused about the 35 year span god forbid they will be inducting MWF sometime in 2040 or mk1a in 2030 and that is if we consider these articles.

And even more worrying is that by 2040-50 time frame all mirage jaguar mig-29 will have to be retired even mk1a won't be of much good then. just how far technology could go most countries have taken that into account and skipped 5th gen and are directly going ahead for 6th gen.

Even su-30mki will be reaching their age by that time I wonder if anyone even thought about the replacement of that.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Will take 2025 to get 1st LCA MK1A squadron ready While PAF Will have 3 squadron of BLOCK 3
How many years do you think it will take for vendors to build infrastructure in india and produce 112 aircrafts?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
In total MMRCA will cost around 20 billion $.
And I'm still very confused about the 35 year span god forbid they will be inducting MWF sometime in 2040 or mk1a in 2030 and that is if we consider these articles.

And even more worrying is that by 2040-50 time frame all mirage jaguar mig-29 will have to be retired even mk1a won't be of much good then. just how far technology could go most countries have taken that into account and skipped 5th gen and are directly going ahead for 6th gen.
Ok, now look at it from his side. Some reporter asked him the induction plans for forseeable future.
If you were him, you wouldn't be boasting crap like "we plan new jets fir $50bil to reach 50 squadron by 2050!"

300 + 114 + 36 (+ 70 trainers) seems like a very casual unprepared reply... 450 fighters & 70 trainers planned till 2035, would have been a more prudent answer. And that would make perfect sense as well!

Last edited:

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I am all for Indigenous

And ARDE And BEL are Decade behind in EW And Avionics than Thales
goes for LRDE

I suggest ordering 12 Rafale every year starting end 2020. This way no big 15 % down payment and that should not bankrupt MOD.
You get 36 more Rafale by end 2025 this way.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles