MiG-29/35 Fulcrums

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
@gadeshi Last heard Russian Navy was going to retire Su 33 and was going to induct Mig 29K. when is that going to happen? any idea about planned induction dates?

Mig 29K will be the second aircraft after Sukhoi 30 MKI, which will be inducted by Russia its home country after being inducted in India. Win Win for both. For Russia: Cost of R&D and platform Maturity is born out by India, thus for reduced cost they get a mature and up to date platform. For India: Brings sigh of relief that it will ensure OEM country will continue to support platforms, and OEM will keep path to future upgrades open.
I remember one Russian expert saying that While configuring Mig 29 according to indian requirement, we learned a lot and now our plane is totally different and much more capable.

Same is the case with MKI. Now russia is deploying SU 30 with MKI configuration.

While competing for MMRCA , Russia could make Mig 35 lot more advance.

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
@gadeshi I have read a lot about the excellent maneuverability of MIG 29 family of aircrafts. Is it due to its Airframe?
Interestingly, under MMRCA technical evaluation, Indian authorities ejected Mig-35, because it is based on older Mig-29 Airframe. At the same time, though the proposal was to acquire a multi-role fighter, IAF put maximum weightage on dogfighting ability. They even eliminated F-18/A on this ground. How in your opinion, Mig-35 fell short vis-a-vis Western fighters?

Bahamut

@gadeshi I have read a lot about the excellent maneuverability of MIG 29 family of aircrafts. Is it due to its Airframe?
Interestingly, under MMRCA technical evaluation, Indian authorities ejected Mig-35, because it is based on older Mig-29 Airframe. At the same time, though the proposal was to acquire a multi-role fighter, IAF put maximum weightage on dogfighting ability. They even eliminated F-18/A on this ground. How in your opinion, Mig-35 fell short vis-a-vis Western fighters?
Mig 35 at that time had inferior radar and avionics which later worked and implemented in latter
Mig 35S varient

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Mig 35 at that time had inferior radar and avionics which later worked and implemented in latter
Mig 35S varient
At that time even Rafale had a PESA radar :biggrin2:

Bahamut

At that time even Rafale had a PESA radar :biggrin2:
AESR radar now in Mig 35 GaN radar and the QWIP IRST now the Mig 35 have are the best thanks to input which IAF gave to MiG similar to Su 30 MKI and there are talks to produce the new plane to in India similar to F 18 advance SH

gadeshi

Yes, of course, MiG-29 maneurability is defined by its aerodynamics and airframe qualities.
India has rejected MiG-35 because the following reasons:
1 - It was not ready at the time of a contest, RSK MiG has hoped to repeat MKI project success, but...
2 - IAF has wanted a western aircraft;
3 - IAF wanted Rafale from the Day 1 but MMRCA contest should been to be used for Rafale price reduction.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I hope India buys some Mig-35. It would help in bumping up the numbers.

gadeshi

I hope India buys some Mig-35. It would help in bumping up the numbers.
As I've mentioned in Rafale thread, IAF should take care of structure and uniformity of a fighter park prior to numbers.
MiG-35 is out of structure sanity (as any medium fighter as well).

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

gadeshi

NIITKA naval aviation training facility in Novofedorovka (Saki, Crimea) greets the 101-st OKIAP forpractice:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles