Make in India

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Foreign angel investors provide wings to small Indian startups
There are more than 4500 startups running throughout the nation to MAKE INDIA GROW VERY FAST TO BECOME RICH.
Globally India is ranked third to have highest number of startups.

But we know only a few like Make in India etc..
Can somebody post a thread to cover up at least a few hundred of them if not all?
@pmaitra

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Narendra Modi
Stressing on the need to bring changes through transformation of governance, Modi said it cannot happen with an administrative system of the 19th century.
BY: PTI | NEW DELHI |Updated: August 26, 2016 1:26 PM

Enunciating his vision to rapidly transform India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said there is a need to change laws, eliminate unnecessary procedures and speed up processes to go beyond “mere incremental progress”.
“If India is to meet the challenge of change, mere incremental progress is not enough. A metamorphosis is needed. That is why my vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution,” he said at the first ‘Transforming India’ Lecture organised by the NITI Aayog.
Stressing on the need to bring changes through transformation of governance, Modi said it cannot happen with an administrative system of the 19th century.
“A transformation of governance cannot happen without a transformation in mindset and a transformation in mindset cannot happen without transformative ideas,” he added.
“We have to change laws, eliminate unnecessary procedures, speed up processes and adopt technology. We cannot march through the 21st century with the administrative systems of the 19th century,” he said.
With his entire Cabinet in attendance, Modi said the change has to be for both external and internal reasons.
Each country, he said, has its own experiences, resources and strengths.
“Thirty years ago, a country might have been able to look inward and find its own solutions. Today, countries are inter-dependent and inter-connected. No country can afford any longer to develop in isolation. Every country has to benchmark its activities to global standards, or else fall behind,” he said.
Stating that change is also necessary for internal reasons, he said the younger generation is thinking and aspiring so differently that the government can no longer afford to remain rooted in the past.
The Prime Minister further said that fundamental changes in administrative mindsets usually occur through sudden shocks or crisis.
With a stable democratic polity in India, special efforts will have to be made to force transformative changes, he added.
“As individuals, we may absorb new ideas by reading books or articles. Books open the windows of our minds. However, unless we brainstorm collectively, ideas remain confined to individual minds,” he said.
Modi said there was a time when development was believed to depend on the quantity of capital and labour but today it depends as much on the quality of institutions and ideas.
Early last year, a new institution was created, namely, the National Institution for Transforming India or NITI. NITI was created as an evidence-based think tank to guide India’s transformation, the Prime Minister said.
NITI’s functions, he said, include mainstreaming external ideas into government policies through collaboration with national and international experts.
It also has to be the government’s link to the world, outside experts and practitioners as well as be the instrument through which ideas from outside are incorporated into policy-making, Modi said.
Stating that often new ideas are heard and understood but not act upon them, because it is beyond individual capacity, he said, “If we sit together, we will have the collective force to convert ideas into action.
“What we need is a collective opening of our minds, to let in new, global perspectives. To do this, we have to absorb new ideas collectively rather than individually. It requires a concerted effort,” he said.
The Centre and the state governments have a long administrative tradition that combines indigenous and external ideas from the country’s past, he added.
“This administrative tradition has served India well in many ways. Above all, it has preserved democracy and federalism, unity and integrity, in a country of glorious diversity. These are not small achievements. Yet, we now live in an age where change is constant and we are variables,” he said.
The Prime Minister said that since taking over he has been holding structured brainstorming sessions with bankers, police officers and government secretaries and any ideas emerging from them are being incorporated into policies.
“These efforts have been to tap ideas from inside. The next step is to bring in ideas from outside. Culturally, Indians have always been receptive to ideas from elsewhere,” he said.
With this in mind, the Transforming India Lecture Series is being organised, he noted.
“We will draw the best from the wisdom and knowledge of eminent persons, who changed, or influenced change in the lives of many, to make their nation a better place on the planet,” he said.
The Prime Minister further said that “detailed and frank feedback” from all attending the lecture will help improve this process.
Seeking names of experts and panelists from inside and outside India, he said all government secretaries will conduct a follow up discussion in a week’s time.
“The purpose is to convert ideas that emerge in today’s session into specific action points relevant to each group. Wherever possible, I request the Ministers also to participate in these sessions,” he added.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Just was listening to the lecture of Singaporean Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.
According to him, if India can sustain 8-10% for next 20 years, it can achieve 70% of GDP per capita of PRC.

no smoking

Country flag
Just was listening to the lecture of Singaporean Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.
According to him, if India can sustain 8-10% for next 20 years, it can achieve 70% of GDP per capita of PRC.
We don't a deputy prime minister to tell us that. Any 12 years old schoolboy with basic math knowledge can tell you pretty much same thing. We are expecting to hear lot more from the mouth of a deputy prime minister: HOW can India sustain 8-10% growth for next 20 years. This is the key question that most of deputy prime ministers fail to answer.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We don't a deputy prime minister to tell us that. Any 12 years old schoolboy with basic math knowledge can tell you pretty much same thing. We are expecting to hear lot more from the mouth of a deputy prime minister: HOW can India sustain 8-10% growth for next 20 years. This is the key question that most of deputy prime ministers fail to answer.
Well that's the problem of our Prime Minister and not Singaporean that how India would sustain that growth.
For that, I have been filling this one, IDDM (Design and Develop) and Economy thread to know how will it sustain.

For calculation, I quoted him cuz I usually have no time for calculation (though I will calculate.)
By the way, what a coincidence, I was missing you to come here and argue.:biggrin2:

no smoking

Country flag
Well that's the problem of our Prime Minister and not Singaporean that how India would sustain that growth.
For that, I have been filling this one, IDDM (Design and Develop) and Economy thread to know how will it sustain.

For calculation, I quoted him cuz I usually have no time for calculation (though I will calculate.)
By the way, what a coincidence, I was missing you to come here and argue.:biggrin2:
Last time I check, this thread which was created by yourselves is named: how to make india grow very fast and become rich.
So, I guess you want everyone is making some advices about HOW.
And there is no argument here since you didn't make any point while I am not against any of your point if there is any.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Last time I check, this thread which was created by yourselves is named: how to make india grow very fast and become rich.
So, I guess you want everyone is making some advices about HOW.
And there is no argument here since you didn't make any point while I am not against any of your point if there is any.
Okay, let me elaborate:
  1. India already has 45% of Per Capita GDP (PPP) of China. So, 70% in decades isn't unrealistic. Contrary: India may have achieved higher GDP per capita growth than China but gap between growths is too small that India may take more than a decade to achieve even 50% of China's per capita income. Gap between growths needs to be enlarged if India wants to catch up.
  2. I also agree that in modern times, it's unlikely to maintain 8-10% growth rate in modern times, but China's growth too is moderating at first place. Plus Chinese population is declining and it's going to have median age eqaul to developed countries soon. Meanwhile, India is going to remain young for few more decades. So, growth outlook for India is brighter than PRC.

Now, you wanna ask how?
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/23/indi...-monsoon-wage-hike-to-boost-india-growth.html

http://m.economictimes.com/industry...ess-risks-than-china/articleshow/53794216.cms
There's a saying that drop and drop together make the Ocean. We are working in the direction of many fields for improvement.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...y-news-and-discussion.64/page-87#post-1194346
Documenting undocumented (cashless system).
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...y-news-and-discussion.64/page-89#post-1197306
http://www.forbes.com/sites/krnkash...less-payment-revolution-by-2023/#3a4766c84646
http://qz.com/755971/by-2030-five-i...ies-as-big-as-middle-incomes-countries-today/
Ease of doing business, we amend our rules every year to make the business opportunities easier.
We have got many ranks up and our ambition is to come inside top 50 nations in Ease of Doing businesses Index.
http://m.economictimes.com/news/eco...se-of-doing-business/articleshow/53716006.cms
Other one was Goods and Sales Tax (GST) bill which integrates economies of Indian States and prevents double taxation. Can add 1.5% to 2% points to GDP growth annually if successfully implemented (don't ask how to implement now, it now goes political).
http://m.economictimes.com/news/eco...-can-transform-india/articleshow/53642656.cms

Manufacturing, Make in India initiative, laws have been eased for manufacturing and India has gone 3 ranks up to the 6th.
Our main problem is skilled labour so we are running skill India program to train 400 million workers.

Infrastructure, good infrastructure is essential to make homegrown companies to stay and invest in home and inviting foreign companies.
India is investing to make 50,000 km of waterways and 1~2000km (may be way larger, talking of current proposals only) of high speed railways in 1-2 decades.
India is making 40km roads everyday to achieve 95000km additional kilometres of highways and 18000kms of motorways by 2022.
everal metro systems are under construction. And India is investing to make 98 Economic cities.

Internet and Telecommunications, as electronic market, internet usage in our country is soaring.
It can add annually 0.2% to annual economic growth.
http://mashable.com/2016/08/19/india-internet-users-post-pc-era/

http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech...-set-to-jump-4-times/articleshow/53779179.cms
http://mashable.com/2016/08/25/pc-shipment-india-q2-2016/#wrNfNO5DSmq3
http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...ts-37-000-jobs-in-2-years-116072500005_1.html
http://m.timesofindia.com/business/...obile-production-hub/articleshow/53866435.cms
More, I have much info about innovation, export and law & order (cuz it meaningless to be developed without law & order like developed countries).
I could some up only a little, even very little out of I know because of lack of time.

pmaitra

Foreign angel investors provide wings to small Indian startups
There are more than 4500 startups running throughout the nation to MAKE INDIA GROW VERY FAST TO BECOME RICH.
Globally India is ranked third to have highest number of startups.

But we know only a few like Make in India etc..
Can somebody post a thread to cover up at least a few hundred of them if not all?
@pmaitra
Sorry, I must have missed your tag.

Do we have a thread on startups? I think we might have one.

sorcerer

Country flag
Indian Navy Forum Looks To 'Make in India' With MSME Participation
Indian Navy Forum in association with ASSOCHAM and SICCI said that they aimed to come up with the first Indian Aerospace and Defence manufacturing cluster with the help of the government of Tamil Nadu in Sriperumbudur in line with "Make in India."
by Rachel Chitra

CHENNAI
: Indian Navy Forum, in association with ASSOCHAM and SICCI, said that they aimed to come up with the first Indian Aerospace and Defence manufacturing cluster with the help of the government of Tamil Nadu in Sriperumbudur in line with "Make in India."

Trying to optimize the defense forces reliance on Indian MSMEs, the new cluster could be the next growth engine in the state, said K Balasubramanian, Chairman, SICCI MSME Committee.
"The establishment of an Aerospace and Defence Park in Tamil Nadu would result in the generation of more than 10 lakh jobs and would stand to attract investments of more than Rs 60,000 crore and bring in Rs 20,000 crore of tax revenue to the state's coffers, over a ten year period. Our vision is to create the first Indian Aerospace and Defense Park under the new DPP," said Vinod Surana, co-chairman, ASSOCHAM Southern Region.

"The role of MSMEs in making Indian defense self-reliant is crucial and there is great potential if we can build a strong MSME ecosystem. Currently, we are importing many parts for floats, hulls, and sensory aids - it would be great if we can originate and service turbine engines, alternators, auxiliary mechanical systems, fire fighting systems," said Indian Navy Vice - Admiral (Retd) B Kannan. Kannan, who is also the chairman of ASSOCHAM Defence Manufacturing Committee, said that Tamil Nadu's industrial strength needs to be harnessed for the aid of the defense forces.

"As many as six major projects at a cost of Rs 2.50 lakh crore can be indigenized for equipment and systems for the hull, propulsion and Defense weaponry and sensors. TN has the capability for undertaking defense production, and MSMEs need to step forward to engage with the Indian Navy," said Vice Admiral AV Subhedar, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, Chief of Materiel, Integrated Headquarters (Navy), New Delhi, while delivering the keynote address.

Source>>

sorcerer

Country flag
TATA Power To Help Produce Javelin Anti-Armour Missile System

Javelin has been adopted by international armed forces around the world. It is currently fielded with the US Army and US Marine Corps.

KOLKATA:
The Javelin Joint Venture team, a partnership between Raytheon Company and Lockheed Martin, signed a letter of intent with TATA Power Company operating through its strategic engineering division, to explore co-development and production of the Javelin anti-armour missile system.

Javelin is a compact, lightweight missile designed for one-soldier operations in all environments. It is made by the Javelin joint venture, a partnership between Raytheon Company and Lockheed Martin. Javelin has been adopted by international armed forces around the world. It is currently fielded with the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps and has also been approved for 15 foreign military sales customers.

Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 98,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services.

Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.

"This agreement brings together three world leaders in aerospace and defense technology to extend Javelin to new customers, new applications and new platforms. "With this deal, we are also reinforcing our continued support of the 'Make in India' initiative," John Halvey, Javelin Joint Venture president at Raytheon Missile Systems said.

As part of the letter of intent, the Javelin Joint Venture and TATA Power SED will create a strategy to co-develop and produce the Javelin missile system and integrate platform mounts to meet Indian requirements. This includes ground combat vehicle, dismounted infantry and rotorcraft applications.

Rich Benton, Javelin Joint Venture vice president and Javelin program director at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control said: "The combat-proven Javelin continues to fulfill a critical precision-strike role with our domestic and international partners. We look forward to working with TATA Power SED to maximize the versatility and lethality of Javelin on these new platforms."

In addition to meeting the government of India's "Make in India" objectives, the letter of intent establishes a framework for future technological cooperation between the Javelin Joint Venture and TATA Power SED.

"Since the early 1980s,TATA Power SED has established its R&D and 'Make in India' credentials, as part of Dr. Kalam's Integrated Guided Missile Development Program," said Rahul Chaudhry, Chief Executive Officer at TATA Power SED.

"Now, our partnership with the JJV will bring the world's best technology to our soldiers enabling battlefield supremacy. Indian industry will benefit immensely from the depth and range of this planned technology transfer and co-development," he said.
Source>>

Compersion

Country flag
- you see and have a jet land in Tibet and photos released and pointed on our face
- you see pakis being supported militarily and in international fora and land belonging to you being possesses in two (three in theory) different areas in Jammu and Kashmir
- you see a sort of pearl necklace being swung around your neck
- you see north Korea with no wish and feeling to be part of any sense and system test nukes for the same and get away with it and the only one that supports.
- you see a methodical approach where you get away without transparency and principle
- you see in nsg the one reason why we hit a delay
- you see our water sources from north and east
- you see our connectivity outside our borders and beyond to others
- you see we need to give not take
- you see trying to get close to us after taking care of yourself. (Even doing it probably illegally and without good principles)
- is it only about timing . is it about doing what is right. Is it about a system that has order and principle.

I think we need to do a nuke test to become rich in our self and in our mind. We need to take care of ourself. Tell the world we are going to stand up. 98 was for timing. Next will be for reason. We wont beg anymore but we wont be called such also. Seeing nsg block on our economic and other aspirations was a spark. Why are we waiting for others to help us hold our hand and spoon feed us. Feed us down a path. We need to show world and see who stands with us and not for the above ... And not see and also have such with who is walking like no one cares. We will not walk alone. There will be darkness but we will not doubt. Because we have the light and it will never go out. Its not a reset it is a reawakening it is a transition and transformation. The Mahdev is among us and krishna is on our chairiot. the immortal living beings walk and protect our lands. The gods have walked and fertilised our lands. Please dont forget. Jai Hind.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
IAF to buy 4 Aerostat Radars from Indian vendors to boost Ground Surveillance

Looking to strengthen its air defence capability, the Indian Air Force (IAF) is on the lookout for new aerostat radars for low level surveillance. The IAF wants to source the radars from Indian vendors, said officials.

The acquisition for the specialized radars has been in the pipeline for sometime but it had failed to materialize earlier, sources said. A fresh Request for Information (RFI), which is the beginning of the acquisition process, has now been prepared for four aerostat radars.

The purchase will be under the new defence procurement rules, which lay stress on buying from Indian companies.

ISRAELI AEROSTAT RADARS NOT SUITABLE

The IAF has been using Israeli aerostat radars but there had been serious issues regarding their maintenance and operations. The two radars had cost over Rs 300 crore.

The fresh RFI says that responses were requested only from Indian manufacturers or authorised vendors.

After ascertaining the availability of aerostat system in the Indian market, the actual bids would be invited sometime next year, officials. However, before that happens, the air force wants to reassure itself on issues like level of indigenization, delivery capability and maintenance support.

There had been a move to procure eight aerostat radars which are used for low level airborne ground surveillance.

As per the specifications sought by the IAF, it should have an operating altitude of 15,000 feet.

The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in its 2011 report had highlighted that the Israeli aerostats had developed technical difficulties resulting in an internal probe to fix responsibilities.

HOW AEROSTAT RADARS BOOST AIR DEFENCE CAPABILITY

The aerostat balloons are mobile, static or even portable.

Very few countries in the world use these radar carrying balloons which are meant to monitor low level aerial threats.

They are deployed close to the borders to keep an eye on the aerial activities. The lifespan of aerostats are generally 10 years. The IAF had indicated the requirement of at least eight aerostat systems.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...rs-to-boost-ground-surveillance/1/756888.html

sorcerer

Country flag
US Links Future of Joint Jet Engine Development Project To Manufacture Fighter Plan
by Manu Pubby
It is learnt that the offer from Boeing, which makes the F/A 18, is for the setting up of a new worldclass production facility in India that would cater to the production of futuristic combat aircraft.

NEW DELHI:
The US has linked the future of a joint jet engine development project to a proposal to manufacture American combat aircraft under the Make in India initiative, with Pentagon formally putting all options on the table, including sharing of high-end weapons, radar and power plant technology, during Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar's recent visit.

Sources told ET that India will now be able to formally evaluate two proposals from US companies Boeing (F/A 18 Super Hornet) and Lockheed Martin (F16 Super Viper) to make jets in India with Pentagon giving a written assurance for transfer of technology.
A renewed push for the jet aircraft project came during the Parrikar visit, with an assurance that high-end jet engine technology that India seeks for its future combat aircraft programmes is also on the table.

In fact, officials told ET that US Secretary for Defence Ashton Carter may be visiting India as early as December to take the process forward. Sources who took part in the discussions said that while in April, when the two US companies had first offered the two jets for a Make in India plan, there was reluctance in Washington on how much technology could be shared.

However recent initiatives, including India's entry into the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) and the signing of a military logistics support agreement, have changed things on the ground.

It is learnt that the offer from Boeing, which makes the F/A 18, is for the setting up of a new worldclass production facility in India that would cater to the production of futuristic combat aircraft.

Lockheed Martin proposes to shift its F 16 fighter line from Texas to India as the sole production facility in the world.

As reported first by ET, in April rivals Boeing and Lockheed Martin jointly met top defence ministry officials in New Delhi offering to locally manufacture the fighter jets.

The offer came after Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar publicly stated that the ministry is interested in setting up production lines for 'one or two' fighters at the earliest, beyond the Rafale fighter jet deal with France.

Source>>

Errr!! What will happen to our own DRDO and HAL projects?

Endeavour

Pentagon backs proposal to give US fighter jets ‘Make in India’ tag
  • Shishir Gupta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi|
  • Updated: Sep 05, 2016 01:36 IST

Boeing, Lockheed Martin proposal to manufacture F-18s and F-16s could translate into massive investments.(AFP File Photo)

The Pentagon has backed proposals from US aviation giants Boeing and Lockheed Martin to manufacture top-line fighter aircraft as part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative. The proposals, including breakthrough offers on transfer of technology and licences, were conveyed by US defence secretary Ashton Carter to defence minister Manohar Parrikar last week.

Boeing’s offer is for the versatile F-18 twin-engine fighter while Lockheed Martin’s is for the single-engined F-16. Since every F-18 costs about $100 million and F-16s are close to the $70-million mark each, the proposal represents a very large investment. If either comes through, it will mean setting up of a production line, and will translate into a giant leap for the aviation sector in India.

Government sources said the US has also accepted an Indian non-paper on broader export controls in light of the latter being designated a major defence partner of Washington. The two sides also discussed sharing of sensitive data related to top-end defence technology and possible transfer of high-altitude long-duration drones for maritime surveillance.

Read | India-US logistics pact will make military ops more efficient: Pentagon

The possible Indian acquisition of the battle-proven Predator drone was also discussed. “Defence minister Manohar Parrikar’s visit to the US had significant outcomes with Pentagon agreeing to work on the Indian non-paper for easier export controls,” said a senior official.

New Delhi is pleased with the Pentagon move, but the US departments of commerce and state will have to be partnered to make this happen as clearances on licences and transfer of technology lie within their ambit. “Since a major component of Grippen NG fighter, including the engine and the radar, are US, the latest developments show that there would be no obstacle from Washington on even transfer of technology for Swedish fighter. The Pentagon, however, understands that all these proposals will have to go through the competitive route,” said the official.

During his three-day US visit, Parrikar visited the Boeing Apache and Chinook helicopter factory in Philadelphia with the Indian Air Force (IAF) showing interest in the newly-developed KC-46 strategic tanker to augment the Indian mid-air refuelling tanker fleet.

The IAF’s requirement has been pegged at 126 multi-role fighters. This means at least 90 fighters are to be made in India as the remaining 36 will be Rafales, the deal for which is in the last lap. The IAF’s squadron strength has dwindled to 33, with the mandated strength being 42 squadrons of 18-20 planes each.

Read | India-US defence ties: Parrikar, Carter talk on technology and terror

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles