Lorries, Trucks and Prime Movers

pmaitra

One slight correction,i am in Tatanagar now and was talking to one of the guys involved in the development of the above beasts.The Above is a Civilian version hence a 10x6, there will be a 10x8 model for the military if they so desire.

On a side note i used to have my school sports in the same ground the trucks are running on!:)
The last axle, i.e. the 5th axle, with the raised wheels, turns just like, and in the opposite direction, as the first two axles, right?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The last axle, i.e. the 5th axle, with the raised wheels, turns just like, and in the opposite direction, as the first two axles, right?
Yup! that's what it does, it reduces the turning circle radius substantially.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Guys does anyone have any ideas as to why Mumbai airport operates 2 different types of Crash tenders? It is pretty odd, no?

Both taken in 2010:

Rosenbaur Panther

Oshkosh Strikerâ„¢ 3000

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...nJ7n0F_tQIAoelGIw&sig2=skQplG4OHPjpYM9EJ7uMLQ

And you can't say one is replceing the other-the Strikers only arrived in 2010 and the Panthers the year or two before (so both spanking new).

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Guys does anyone have any ideas as to why Mumbai airport operates 2 different types of Crash tenders? It is pretty odd, no?

Both taken in 2010:

Rosenbaur Panther

Oshkosh Strikerâ„¢ 3000

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...nJ7n0F_tQIAoelGIw&sig2=skQplG4OHPjpYM9EJ7uMLQ

And you can't say one is replceing the other-the Strikers only arrived in 2010 and the Panthers the year or two before (so both spanking new).
Prolly two tenders a few months apart with the second one going in favor of oshkosh which may indicate that someone passed the rosenbaur offer from the previous tender onto oshkosh, thereby letting them how much to quote:p

abingdonboy

Country flag
Prolly two tenders a few months apart with the second one going in favor of oshkosh which may indicate that someone passed the rosenbaur offer from the previous tender onto oshkosh, thereby letting them how much to quote:p
Interestingly it seems that both crash fire tenders are used simultaniously,

pic from 2012:

A Oshkosh Strikerâ„¢ 3000s (from the US) second from the right (with its back to us) parked alongside Rosenbaur Panthers (from Austria) at the fire house at Mumbai Airport.

abingdonboy

Country flag
+ if you include the TATRA then there are THREE CFTs being used simutaniously (TATRA is obviously nowhere near as advanced as the other two and is probably on its way out).

tango51

Any idea what could be the average price for these new military Kraz- 5233 / 6322 trucks?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Any idea what could be the average price for these new military Kraz- 5233 / 6322 trucks?
The price of the KrAZ-6322 = about 79 thousand dollars. KrAZ-5233 cost 71 thousand $.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles