LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

Jagdish58

I get it you reacted in the same way as you think Kunal Biswas reacted, but please believe me he only had his good intentions.. Nevertheless regarding your frustration over Tejas Timeline i have already mentioned that the road to development for both the aircrafts are different, Tejas was plagued with sanctions in its initial stages, TOT regarding avionics, engines etc was something which was totally out of question.. Then ADA had to develop technologies in house, set up facilities.. in between IAF changed its requirements regarding engine,hence the wings had to be redesigned to incorporate additional weight. Their were several such reasons for this inordinate delay, also do you think JF-17 has clocked close to 2500 hrs of flight time during its development phase ??.. I have my own doubts.

So Bro I'd only suggest you please go through DFI for additional information and then you yourself will understand:thumb:..
Also Hasan Raja breaking Sachin's record doesn't make him a Sachin,

Tejas Aircraft has undergone several thousand's of flight hours, all the data recorded during these test's and its subsequent utilization in the design will result in a aircraft which is devoid of any defects. After FOC IAF will be having a fully certified, potent multi role combat aircraft..
Bhai Thanks i will keep my cool in future while replying , I have seen few rare moments of LCA PV taking off from HAL Airport & showing its meanuverable skills it is really awesome & i felt proud to be Indian when i saw , like all i would like to see that in IAF inventory based in Sulur Air base , When it completed its first flight in 2001 , 13 years ago i was in 10th class writting my exams me & our friends were over joyed to hear that in news & went to exam hall

But after that so many road blocks Few external & Many Internal Ego clash has plagued the project . Sometimes i think IAF could have inducted this Aircraft and helped ADA/HAL to upgrade to a beast , This happened with F-15 & F-16 they were not out and out Top aircraft when they were inducted and upgraded to the beast they are today . But it is IAF decision which we have to respect

Never the less can't wait more for LCA MK1 Sqadron in Sulur Air base , really excited & the big one LCA Mk2 first flight:thumb:

Kyubi

Country flag
Bhai Thanks i will keep my cool in future while replying , I have seen few rare moments of LCA PV taking off from HAL Airport & showing its meanuverable skills it is really awesome & i felt proud to be Indian when i saw , like all i would like to see that in IAF inventory based in Sulur Air base , When it completed its first flight in 2001 , 13 years ago i was in 10th class writting my exams me & our friends were over joyed to hear that in news & went to exam hall

But after that so many road blocks Few external & Many Internal Ego clash has plagued the project . Sometimes i think IAF could have inducted this Aircraft and helped ADA/HAL to upgrade to a beast , This happened with F-15 & F-16 they were not out and out Top aircraft when they were inducted and upgraded to the beast they are today . But it is IAF decision which we have to respect

Never the less can't wait more for LCA MK1 Sqadron in Sulur Air base , really excited & the big one LCA Mk2 first flight:thumb:

:rock::india::salute::lca::crusin5:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
@gadeshi

is it your creation or someone's else pics

funny thing about that pic is it's lack upper canted vertical stabilzers meanwhile having lower canted vertical stabilizers:lol:

CHEERS

Last edited by a moderator:

gadeshi

No, this concept is not mine.
However, this design makes sense as modern FCS can afford to avoid the excessive control surfaces when the extra-maneurability is not the main option for the project.

mehrotraprince

Country flag
No, this concept is not mine.
However, this design makes sense as modern FCS can afford to avoid the excessive control surfaces when the extra-maneurability is not the main option for the project.
This design makes no sense, the person who will propose this design will be thrown away along with his design from the organization/company.

Look at above picture,
1. Red lines: Where are you going to mount guns? Front portion of air intake in an aircraft is always slightly curved down so as to accommodate the gun barrel, in this design barrel will point upward which is not good. Solution: Put gun below the air intake.
2. Green lines: Cross-section of fuselage where wings have maximum width is always less than cross-section of fuselage where wings start, this helps in drag reduction(important for supersonic flights), basic law of design, this is not the case with design.

Look at above picture,
1.Red lines & green lines: same thing shown from different angle.

Look at above picture,
1.Red lines: Cross-section of exhaust nozzle should always be less than fuselage cross section.

Look at above picture,
1.Red line: Cross-section of exhaust nozzle should always be less than fuselage cross section. This helps in continuity and smooth flow of air at rear section of aircraft, which is aerodynamically as important as aerodynamic configuration of front portion. You will notice that in all modern aircrafts the cross-section from fuselage to to exhaust nozzle gradually decreases to lower the drag.

gadeshi

This is only a first-look concept.
They are always some ugly, but show the general way of thinking and a general idea behind it.

Yes, this concept is premature and lacks detailed work-out, but it shows the authors idea.

Lone Ranger

Re: ADA LCA Tejas - IV

May be from now on, as and when we keep hearing more good news on LCA development front we will have more and more bad news on rafale deal front.
I would dis agree to this , Tejas is not even half the plane rafale is with its radar , speed , range and turning radius problems. May be mk2 will stack up with f 16s / rafale /jf 17 / gripen some day but its too far far away

karn

Country flag

I was supportive of the Rafale deal but Dassault basically mislead the MOD . Taking responsibility of the aircraft made in INdia and TOT was specified in the original tender . If they found that unacceptable they should never have wasted the IAFs time with trials .

Lone Ranger

I was supportive of the Rafale deal but Dassault basically mislead the MOD . Taking responsibility of the aircraft made in INdia and TOT was specified in the original tender . If they found that unacceptable they should never have wasted the IAFs time with trials .
Do we have other options to fall back on i mean Gripen or Eurofighter ? From what ever comes in news SAAb seems very responsive and helpful

halloweene

No it was not! Whatever anonypous "sources close to ..." say.

Kharavela

Country flag

I would dis agree to this , Tejas is not even half the plane rafale is with its radar , speed , range and turning radius problems. May be mk2 will stack up with f 16s / rafale /jf 17 / gripen some day but its too far far away
May be your assertions are true that Tejas is half good as Rafale. But in the cost of 1 Rafale, we can build 4 Tejas & hence can be twice (4 X 1/2) effective.

Moreover, you must not forget that even lions fear groups or packs of hyena, though a lion is capable to kill a hyena in one-to-one combat.

Strategy for LCA pilots would be on the similar theme, to hunt in a pack :cool:

Kharavela

Country flag

Do we have other options to fall back on i mean Gripen or Eurofighter ? From what ever comes in news SAAb seems very responsive and helpful
Who needs those European fighters at exorbitant prices ? Let the Europeans keep those aircrafts for themselves.

LCA project has set the ball rolling in Indian Aerospace capabilities & #ModiSarkar will ensure the follow-up with indigenous AMCA project.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

hye hye ..."JF 17"....???? thats not even a certified plane ......

you cannot compare Tejas with that dummy..

Tejas in MK1 form is far superior.....

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

May be your assertions are true that Tejas is half good as Rafale. But in the cost of 1 Rafale, we can build 4 Tejas & hence can be twice (4 X 1/2) effective.

Moreover, you must not forget that even lions fear groups or packs of hyena, though a lion is capable to kill a hyena in one-to-one combat.

"quantity has quality of its own".... does not work in today's war fare scenario as effectively as it used to.....
but yes it will cause chaos at enemy side..... as there radars missiles will not be able to choose the desired target..

Lone Ranger

hye hye ..."JF 17"....???? thats not even a certified plane ......

you cannot compare Tejas with that dummy..

Tejas in MK1 form is far superior.....
Disagree , mk1 has inferior radar , no BVR missile capability , lesser turning radius , lesser range / cr if compared to jf17. :frusty:
Thats why mk2 is needed asap with aesa and better range/cr , turning radii.

Lone Ranger

i disagree a single Rafale can lock in multiple targets and engage / kill 4-5 tejas even before they detect it , it radar and weapons stack is far superiors along with high range speed , turning radii.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Winning an aerial duel is all based on the pilot's skill even though technology helps as a force multiplier to aggrandise the skill.

Gnats, though technically inferior to the Sabres, did a great job in the War because the IAF pilots were superior in skill.

Likewise, the super sophisticated and modern Pattons were decimated by the Indian WWII Shermans.

Tejas, if developed as per expectation, will be compatible. But we have to wait.

In the interim, it is Uku Uku (any port in stormy weather).

The critical aspect is ToT and correct price negotiation.

Last edited:

Lone Ranger

Winning an aerial duel is all based on the pilot's skill even though technology helps as a force multiplier to aggrandise the skill.

Gnats, though technically inferior to the Sabres, did a great job in the War because the IAF pilots were superior in skill.

Likewise, the super sophisticated and modern Pattons were decimated by the Indian WWII Shermans.

Tejas, if developed as per expectation, will be compatible. But we have to wait.

In the interim, it is Uku Uku (any port in stormy weather).

The critical aspect is ToT and correct price negotiation.
I agree to and extent about post 2000 era , but with many tech advancements now there are less and less dogfights , its who has better radar , data linking , navigation , radar avoidance , turning radii ,better BVR weapons who wins.

Also coming back to sabers and gnats from what i have read in all wars PAF has had much higher kill ratio than IAF , its only in kargill that BVR capable Mirage2k and Mig29 had upper hand over PAF , so please enlighten me if i am missing anything here .

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles