LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Awesome Ballistic Trajectory

My doubt is how can a BM call kill a Ship where It's speed about 30Knots and Able to turn 360 deg in minitues ..How it's effective

also Is that tested against any dummy targets or a small ships

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Awesome Ballistic Trajectory

My doubt is how can a BM call kill a Ship where It's speed about 30Knots and Able to turn 360 deg in minitues ..How it's effective

also Is that tested against any dummy targets or a small ships
Shourya too has such trajectory if i am not mistaken,

To kill a carrier it has to behave like a cruise missile on it's final approach .

hitting a forewarned moving maneuvering carrier in a ballistic path is highly complex.

And in it's final phase it will have to take on the carriers anti missile defence.

However if they rain 20 or 30 missiles on a carrier at the same instance it will increase the odds, but a carrier is a large battle group and many sort of defences including direct energy based , is possible in the future

Last edited:

Austin

Jf-17 Thunder at Dubai Air Show 2013

[video=youtube_share;bkzJM6mB4_w]http://youtu.be/bkzJM6mB4_w[/video]

Jyotishsr007

To kill a carrier it has to behave like a cruise missile on it's final approach .

hitting a forewarned moving maneuvering carrier in a ballistic path is highly complex.

And in it's final phase it will have to take on the carriers anti missile defence.

However if they rain 20 or 30 missiles on a carrier at the same instance it will increase the odds, but a carrier is a large battle group and many sort of defences including direct energy based , is possible in the future
I thought Saurya missile will be having a top flat trajectory.

Jyotishsr007

I thought Saurya missile will be having a top flat trajectory.

Jagdish58

One should give credit to Pakistan on developing JF-17 in partnership with China , & now they are able to produce the Warplane from the facility in PAC Kamra , Time mangement and induction is fine compare to LCA , ADA-HAL & IAF warfare:frusty:

Which one is better only a head to head combat can decide , like the one in 1971 between Mig-21 & F-104 battle of supersonic in Asia for the first time :thumb:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
One should give credit to Pakistan on developing JF-17 in partnership with China , & now they are able to produce the Warplane from the facility in PAC Kamra , Time mangement and induction is fine compare to LCA , ADA-HAL & IAF warfare:frusty:

Which one is better only a head to head combat can decide , like the one in 1971 between Mig-21 & F-104 battle of supersonic in Asia for the first time :thumb:
If you want to compare junk fighter then you should equate it with SU30 MKIs we make them completely from raw material engine encluded.

now look at Pakis they make 60 of airframe, engine is Russian and other things come from China.

For LCA except for engine all things are Indian made and tested here.

Jagdish58

If you want to compare junk fighter then you should equate it with SU30 MKIs we make them completely from raw material engine encluded.

now look at Pakis they make 60 of airframe, engine is Russian and other things come from China.

For LCA except for engine all things are Indian made and tested here.
No offense just giving credit to Pakis for inducting the fighter because JF-17 made first flight , LCA Radar is Isreal one Elta EL/M-2032and Missile used is Russian Vympel R-77, R-73 etc

ADA themself agreed only 60% to 70% is indeginous in LCA

Junk fighter or not only Combat can decide , let us not talk like one pakistani = to 50 Indians

ADA-HAL has to keep the timeline is my point , Credit must be given to DRDO in finishing IOC 2

:thumb:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The aircraft which was forced to induct without IOC clearance, forget FOC, No official certification regarding such ever published yet, Just magazine articles are posted as facts ..

=======

Lets see about Tejas, Not a single crash till dated, It has Indigenous / National design for specific requirement put by IAF, Indigenous does not mean just raw material ..

Radar is Indian, You should know you country aircraft properly before knee-jerking about it, Both radar are different and there dimensions also, Only this that Indian radar is influenced by IAI radar ..

Tejas does not use R-77 but R-73 because its lethal and there is a large stock of it in IAF ..

No offense just giving credit to Pakis for inducting the fighter because JF-17 made first flight , LCA Radar is Isreal one Elta EL/M-2032and Missile used is Russian Vympel R-77, R-73 etc

Junk fighter or not only Combat can decide , let us not talk like one pakistani = to 50 Indians

ADA-HAL has to keep the timeline is my point , Credit must be given to DRDO in finishing IOC 2

Jagdish58

The aircraft which was forced to induct without IOC clearance, forget FOC, No official certification regarding such ever published yet, Just magazine articles are posted as facts ..

=======

Lets see about Tejas, Not a single crash till dated, It has Indigenous / National design for specific requirement put by IAF, Indigenous does not mean just raw material ..

Radar is Indian, You should know you country aircraft properly before knee-jerking about it, Both radar are different and there dimensions also, Only this that Indian radar is influenced by IAI radar ..

Tejas does not use R-77 but R-73 because its lethal and there is a large stock of it in IAF ..
Sorry sir i have commented based on internet data on LCA Radar and weapons , not imagined by myself you can decide who is knee jerking you or me . Im proud Indian like many millions when LCA will be combat ready

On Crash JF-17 is in PAF inventory , LCA is yet to be inducted if the 100% Crash less record is kept then it is fine we all are happy

I just put my Views based on little knowledge i have on ADA-HAL & LCA because i may not be the expert like you .Again designing an aircraft and making it combat ready is not a joke , be it JF-17 or LCA designers need to be given credit thats all i mean

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Radar is hybrid it has Indian and Isreali component dont worry we are good in radars.LRTR is prime example of that fact.
other tjings including Astra will come they just got what was readly available to us.

Jagdish58

Radar is hybrid it has Indian and Isreali component dont worry we are good in radars.LRTR is prime example of that fact.
other tjings including Astra will come they just got what was readly available to us.
Thanks for your comments i got it now:thumb:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My reply to you was based from Internet data, In my view you are reading someone else lips which is a easy way out rather research on your own ..

Its was inducted back in 31st dec 2011 in IOC-1 config, Another proof you are empty on your claims, This is too from Internet my friend ..

I appreciate your posts, Do a little more research, You are indeed a proud Indian and should be, So research more and increase your knowledge on Indian Military, DFI is a pool of knowledge unlike others ..

Sorry sir i have commented based on internet data on LCA Radar and weapons , not imagined by myself you can decide who is knee jerking you or me . Im proud Indian like many millions when LCA will be combat ready

On Crash JF-17 is in PAF inventory , LCA is yet to be inducted if the 100% Crash less record is kept then it is fine we all are happy

I just put my Views based on little knowledge i have on ADA-HAL & LCA because i may not be the expert like you .Again designing an aircraft and making it combat ready is not a joke , be it JF-17 or LCA designers need to be given credit thats all i mean

Jagdish58

My reply to you was based from Internet data, In my view you are reading someone else lips which is a easy way out rather research on your own ..

Its was inducted back in 31st dec 2011 in IOC-1 config, Another proof you are empty on your claims, This is too from Internet my friend ..

I appreciate your posts, Do a little more research, You are indeed a proud Indian and should be, So research more and increase your knowledge on Indian Military, DFI is a pool of knowledge unlike others ..
Im happy with the knowledge i have no need for bullying advise. And opinions differ for me after FOC and squadron formation LCA is in IAF Inventory IOC 1 or IOC 2 is just a rehersal

And please do not overstep & think as if you are the best and read every one mind like readoing lips etc , please allow others to put there thoughts as well if not this will become Kunal Biswas defence blog rather than Defence forum of India

Kyubi

Country flag
Im happy with the knowledge i have no need for bullying advise. And opinions differ for me after FOC and squadron formation LCA is in IAF Inventory IOC 1 or IOC 2 is just a rehersal

And please do not overstep & think as if you are the best and read every one mind like readoing lips etc , please allow others to put there thoughts as well if not this will become Kunal Biswas defence blog rather than Defence forum of India
:namaste: Dude take it easy if Kunal Biswas has advised you i'd say you better take his advice, by going into semantics you are trying to stonewall others.. Regarding your claim on PAC Kamra developing Jf-17 with chinese is something that needs a thread in itself, till now there is no information on PAC Kamra doing any kind of R&D work in developing jf-17, PAC Kamra is just being used for overhauling and rebuilding aircrafts of french and chinese origin aircrafts/components ... So the claim made by PAF over co-developing JF-17 is not believable...Comparison of Tejas and JF-17 should be in technical area only.. if comparision is made wrt development phases of both the aircrafts , then both the aircrafts are poles apart.. i would suggest you to go through " ersakthivels " extensive discussion on Tejas probably then u'll understand its merits, also the problems it had to face...

Please do go through ADA's publications , you will see for yourself as to how much work has gone in developing Tejas aircraft.. seriously mate i'd request you to read through those pdf's, ADA has developed so many centers of excellence in avionics, assembly, manufacturing, Carbon Fibre Composites, anechoic chambers, wind tunnel facilities and several other facilities had to be developed from scratch to aid in TEJAS development..
Compare ADA's momentous efforts to PAC Kamra efforts, PAC claims to have developed 4th gen aircraft with the chinese in 30 months:lol:. I'd rather believe they would have taken 30 months to assemble one JF-17..

Jagdish58

:namaste: Dude take it easy if Kunal Biswas has advised you i'd say you better take his advice, by going into semantics you are trying to stonewall others.. Regarding your claim on PAC Kamra developing Jf-17 with chinese is something that needs a thread in itself, till now there is no information on PAC Kamra doing any kind of R&D work in developing jf-17, PAC Kamra is just being used for overhauling and rebuilding aircrafts of french and chinese origin aircrafts/components ... So the claim made by PAF over co-developing JF-17 is not believable...Comparison of Tejas and JF-17 should be in technical area only.. if comparision is made wrt development phases of both the aircrafts , then both the aircrafts are poles apart.. i would suggest you to go through " ersakthivels " extensive discussion on Tejas probably then u'll understand its merits, also the problems it had to face...

Please do go through ADA's publications , you will see for yourself as to how much work has gone in developing Tejas aircraft.. seriously mate i'd request you to read through those pdf's, ADA has developed so many centers of excellence in avionics, assembly, manufacturing, Carbon Fibre Composites, anechoic chambers, wind tunnel facilities and several other facilities had to be developed from scratch to aid in TEJAS development..
Compare ADA's momentous efforts to PAC Kamra efforts, PAC claims to have developed 4th gen aircraft with the chinese in 30 months:lol:. I'd rather believe they would have taken 30 months to assemble one JF-17..
Thanks for your info , but i never told Jf-17 is better than LCA or PAC is better than ADA/HAL . I just feel frustrated on LCA timeline like many here , so i gave credit to PAC & the Chinese on finishing the JF-17 Block 1 soon & got into Block 2 now , Yes it might be right they might have rushed into induction just to show it is better than LCA in timeline Eg: Hasan Raza into Pakistan cricket team to break Sachin Youngest player to play debut record

But credit must go to all Aircraft designer be it Jf-17 or LCA or any other, Kunals was showing is bossism hence i reacted the same way he is nothing personal :thumb:

ladder

Country flag

Why exclusive credit to DRDO for finishing IOC-2 ?

Kyubi

Country flag
Thanks for your info , but i never told Jf-17 is better than LCA or PAC is better than ADA/HAL . I just feel frustrated on LCA timeline like many here , so i gave credit to PAC & the Chinese on finishing the JF-17 Block 1 soon & got into Block 2 now , Yes it might be right they might have rushed into induction just to show it is better than LCA in timeline Eg: Hasan Raza into Pakistan cricket team to break Sachin Youngest player to play debut record

But credit must go to all Aircraft designer be it Jf-17 or LCA or any other, Kunas was showing is bossism hence i reacted the same way he is nothing personal :thumb:
I get it you reacted in the same way as you think Kunal Biswas reacted, but please believe me he only had his good intentions.. Nevertheless regarding your frustration over Tejas Timeline i have already mentioned that the road to development for both the aircrafts are different, Tejas was plagued with sanctions in its initial stages, TOT regarding avionics, engines etc was something which was totally out of question.. Then ADA had to develop technologies in house, set up facilities.. in between IAF changed its requirements regarding engine,hence the wings had to be redesigned to incorporate additional weight. Their were several such reasons for this inordinate delay, also do you think JF-17 has clocked close to 2500 hrs of flight time during its development phase ??.. I have my own doubts.

So Bro I'd only suggest you please go through DFI for additional information and then you yourself will understand:thumb:..
Also Hasan Raja breaking Sachin's record doesn't make him a Sachin,

Tejas Aircraft has undergone several thousand's of flight hours, all the data recorded during these test's and its subsequent utilization in the design will result in a aircraft which is devoid of any defects. After FOC IAF will be having a fully certified, potent multi role combat aircraft..

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles