LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
process of induction is fast.i would have to browse the chinese forums where someone posted and translated into english that alone pt-06 in china has completed slightly more than 1000hours flight testing.

this is 1 prototype and equal to half of your total LCA flight testing..imagine the 6 prototypes extensive testing than
Just point me the date of induction of JF17 in PAF

and date of conclusion of Weapons tests in PAF.

Also point out date of final operational clearance of JF 17 with PAF.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

Date of induction i guesss was march 2007

Weapons tests dates are not to public but tests are confirmed with PAF official interview including a few to janes

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

here are few dates:
Introduction in Pakistan: 12 March 2007
first JF-17 Thunder aircraft at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra on November 23, 2009
formal induction ceremony of JF-17 Thunder aircraft, held at PAF Operational Air Base on February 18, 2010.

Weapons:
JF-17 Protoype-4 during weapon load testing in early 2009. The aircraft is equipped with 4x Mk-82 bombs, 3x 1000L fuel tanks and 2xPL-5E II SRAAM.
JF-17 Protoype-6, dedicated for Chinese weapon integration and avionics testing equipped with SD-10 MRAAM. SD-10's 'live weapon' firing trials were conducted on same aircraft in 2011.
China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC) JF-17 Prototype-6 seen in April '2012 in Chendu flight center with electro-optical navigation pod.
JF-17 Thunder's Weapon load - PAFwallpapers Blog
So this shows that you guys inducted the planes in hurry without full weapons testing.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

here are few dates:
Introduction in Pakistan: 12 March 2007
first JF-17 Thunder aircraft at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra on November 23, 2009
formal induction ceremony of JF-17 Thunder aircraft, held at PAF Operational Air Base on February 18, 2010.

Weapons:
JF-17 Protoype-4 during weapon load testing in early 2009. The aircraft is equipped with 4x Mk-82 bombs, 3x 1000L fuel tanks and 2xPL-5E II SRAAM.
JF-17 Protoype-6, dedicated for Chinese weapon integration and avionics testing equipped with SD-10 MRAAM. SD-10's 'live weapon' firing trials were conducted on same aircraft in 2011.
China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC) JF-17 Prototype-6 seen in April '2012 in Chendu flight center with electro-optical navigation pod.
JF-17 Thunder's Weapon load - PAFwallpapers Blog
So this shows that you guys inducted the planes in hurry without full weapons testing.

wodoo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Don't try to find excuses for the delay in LCA.
LCA has not only the delay problem but also has fundamental issues. I don't think Indian can fix them in LCA2 since LCA2 is just a patch solution. LCA2 uses a new engine to solve some issues today and also will bring new issues. as a word in Chinese: push melon into water and find gourd float up. You will headache again!!

bose

Country flag
LCA has not only the delay problem but also has fundamental issues. I don't think Indian can fix them in LCA2 since LCA2 is just a patch solution. LCA2 uses a new engine to solve some issues today and also will bring new issues. as a word in Chinese: push melon into water and find gourd float up. You will headache again!!
Very Very True!!! BTW I am very curious to know -- You location says "United State" is it one of those industrialized town in China??

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If you dont have a clue, dont post nonsense, Just an advice from this member ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Has it even fire a Short range AIM-9 yet ?

As far as i heard it dropped few dumb bombs and put on service..

Is it true that JF-17 still can not fire BVR missiles but has still been inducted...

bose

Country flag
I am working in silicon valley of USA. But I worked for china space program ten year ago.
Although Offtopic: You should not have left China space program... they must be missing your knowledge & experience...

bose

Country flag
Has it even fire a Short range AIM-9 yet ?

As far as i heard it dropped few dumb bombs and put on service..
Very true...I know that, they are still not yet been able to integrate the missiles... if it had to see action now, it will be a sitting duck...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I had posted complete update of JFT in the JFT thread.

official of air commodore level has confirmed the integration in 2012.

still if no one believe.than better they dont believe

wodoo

Tihar Jail
Banned
China has good human resource structure as pyramid to support many projects as you know. To country and even private company, it is good to have low cost man powers to use them. But it doesn't mean you can get this benefit forever. India has this benefit also. But if your government can't use it efficiently. You will miss this chance. Everyone wants to get the better payment. You cannot stop the moving. China try to educate more people to keep a big man power pool and at the same time,the people (e.g.in space program) also get good salary now. The team is very stable now.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Can you show me a live firing demo of missiles by JF-17 ??
yes there is a old video of jft firing wvr from 2005-06.in youtube..

also search the bvr test video of jft by typing JF-17 sd-10.since i would have to open hotspot shield incase to run youtube and it cripple everything.
so better you do yourself

bose

Country flag
I had posted complete update of JFT in the JFT thread.

official of air commodore level has confirmed the integration in 2012.
No one will believe the air commodore, show us the video of missile firing...

still if no one believe.than better they dont believe
JF-17 as in current state is good for only Air Shows round the world that too in static display... lot remains to be done... The Chinese are taking you for a ride...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles