LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

ice berg

Brother you missed the most important part

JF-17 participating in air exercise against su 27..and the results were surprising
It never mentioned the context. Was it BVVR or WVR? and Su-27s are so 80s..... PLAAF uses J-11s with updated avionics.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Brother, you missed the most important part. The suprise was how easily they were shot down. It was Su-27s that did well.
surprise was it performed much better than imagined.JFT in pakistan has already defeated f-16 2 time in pakistan..

It might not have defeated Su 27 but performed better than expected

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
It never mentioned the context. Was it BVVR or WVR? and Su-27s are so 80s..... PLAAF uses J-11s with updated avionics.
Sir JFT performed better than expected.the result was good since the su 27 is almost 3 time the size of JFT and longer range radar

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
surprise was it performed much better than imagined.JFT in pakistan has already defeated f-16 2 time in pakistan..

It might not have defeated Su 27 but performed better than expected
Says who, PAF? They probably put a trainee in a loaded F-16 and the most experienced F-16 pilot in the JF-17 with no stores and managed to score. If it was even true. It is so underpowered it wouldn't hold a candle to even an F-16 in DACTs.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Says who, PAF? They probably put a trainee in a loaded F-16 and the most experienced F-16 pilot in the JF-17 with no stores and managed to score. If it was even true. It is so underpowered it wouldn't hold a candle to even an F-16 in DACTs.
if not paf than who will say so?you?does any other AF has JFT?

JFT might participate in turkish exercise in 2014 as well.

About being underpowered.

Rafale=twr=0.96
JFT=0.95
m2k=0.91

Add to this 91.2kn thrust engine on JFT 2 as well as 700kg reduced weight

which means a twr over 1 and payload atleast 5.5t

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

Rafale=twr=0.96
JFT=0.95
m2k=0.91

Any reference from a 'credible source' or these are just your wet dreams?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Rafale=twr=0.96
JFT=0.95
m2k=0.91

What are you smoking? To suggest JF-17 has similar thrust to weight to Rafale is like saying this has the same T/W....

as this...

:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
What are you smoking? To suggest JF-17 has similar thrust to weight to Rafale is like saying this has the same T/W....

as this...

:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:
my info is based off wiki.may be this year with the intro of new 91.2kn engine as well as 700kg decrease in weight will push jft twr over 1

Unlike european countries we dont have any specialy pilots dedicated for show off(in french selling technique which infact are failed efforts) for aerobatics except for some trainers like sherdil

its been 6 years now(2007 march-2013 march) JFT is active in service with only a single crash that again due to bird hit

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
my info is based off wiki.may be this year with the intro of new 91.2kn engine as well as 700kg decrease in weight will push jft twr over 1

Unlike european countries we dont have any specialy pilots dedicated for show off(in french selling technique which infact are failed efforts) for aerobatics except for some trainers like sherdil

its been 6 years now(2007 march-2013 march) JFT is active in service with only a single crash that again due to bird hit

Basing your info off wiki is the problem. Let me go and change that... see the problem? It runs on a single RD-93, which is simply a re-geared RD-33. This engine was designed for a dual engine fighter, not a single. JF-17 = 7t fighter with half the power of Rafale at 9t. How does it match Rafale? It does not... please save your absurdities for PakDef... we do not waste bandwidth here.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Basing your info off wiki is the problem. Let me go and change that... see the problem? It runs on a single RD-93, which is simply a re-geared RD-33. This engine was designed for a dual engine fighter, not a single. JF-17 = 7t fighter with half the power of Rafale at 9t. How does it match Rafale? It does not... please save your absurdities for PakDef... we do not waste bandwidth here.
the reason rd-93 is different from RD-93

as proved from the above article it has a 7000h life(overhaul) compared to rd-33 only 4000h

Is much less smokey
Having 4kn more thrust(86kn)

ok you tell me what is the twr of rafale?i am sure in reality it is no more than 0.85.this is the reason when one watch rafale and eft performance.from the performance of eft it seems like it will eat rafale

as someone said m2k was the last master piece from france.
as evident from the picture

The Fox

dude you are placing an argument based on May be seriously give proof or shut up and don't waste Bandwidth .....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
the reason rd-93 is different from RD-93
Why would it be any different? It is the SAME engine!

as proved from the above article it has a 7000h life(overhaul) compared to rd-33 only 4000h
I see no article above. RD-93 has the same overhaul as RD-33MK which is their best engine = 4000hrs.

Klimov :: Production :: Aircraft Program :: RD-33MK

They had to drop the 7000hr claim when it failed testing.

Is much less smokey
All RD-33s have new combustion chambers to cut back on smoke. It doesn't effect performance.

Having 4kn more thrust(86kn)
It has no more thrust than the same RD-33s sold for MiG-29SMT.

ok you tell me what is the twr of rafale?i am sure in reality it is no more than 0.85.this is the reason when one watch rafale and eft performance.from the performance of eft it seems like it will eat rafale

Adding JF-17 comes to...

14,100lbs empty
4,000lbs fuel
2200lbs loadout

With 11100lbs of dry thrust, JF-17 only has a T/W of .60 to Rafale's .90. It takes JF-17 full afterburner just to get the same numbers as Rafale on military thrust.
as someone said m2k was the last master piece from france.
as evident from the picture

That was written on an F-4 = fantasy :lol::rofl::lol:

F-4 Phantom teria vencido Rafale no Frisian Flag | Poder Aéreo - Informação e Discussão sobre Aviação Militar e Civil

Last edited:

The Fox

@The Fox

Officially confirmed.look out for the timeline of JFT 2

dude still i cannot agree......... because
First thing is that i am not able to see the image the writing or the print in the image is very very blur and i can hardly see any Second i cannot accept this printout as a credible as there is nothing to prove that it is official even i can create a bar diagram and print out on a paper and say this is official from DRDO on LCA and can give the configuration of a F22 for LCA dude be realistic and i cannot nor any one with common sense can accept this image that u have posted as a credible source get over it if u have anything credible i am still open for discussion

The Fox

@farhan_9909 let me help you out with the
give me the specifications of your JFT mk1 and proposed specification of MKII and i want to hear it from you for the sake of argument so that we can understand this aircraft better is this fair enough you give me the details individually and i will check it out like airframe, engine , EWF suite FWB tech armaments every detail

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles