LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
lca is unique fighter ,in its own way. It has got delta wing design which makes it unstable (which is controlled by it's mission computer like in b-2 bombers) but but....makes it highly monueverable,, who knows if it would be better than f-16...IT is our own design,,and is very innovative,,,
where as jf-17 is a cheap shit ,,,, to make it inexpensive chinese civilian hardware is used,,,programs like c,and c++ are used.it is basically design based on mig-21..
Actually delta wing design is the most stable design for super sonic jets but the aircraft is designed to be negatively static unstable. Delta wing also is not as maneuverable as other airfoils at high AoAs they tend to bled energy faster. Either way it is a good design and a perfect fit to replace the Mig-21 with in our budget.

It is way way better than the JF-17, the porki kids on the net dont understand that it is getting delayed for induction because of IAFs high standard of requirement but it has already crossed JF-17s parameters which by the way will never qualify for IAF because it falls short of standards. LCA has better thrust to weight than JF-17 but moron kids calculate the loaded weight, which is weight of the aircraft plus the amount it carries, LCA carries more, so porki kid says it has more weight. lol..

badguy2000

Respected Member
"LCA VS JF17 " in face is a race between India's aerocraft industry vs CHinese's one......

need i tell which is winner for time being?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
"LCA VS JF17 " in face is a race between India's aerocraft industry vs CHinese's one......

The premise is incorrect, so is everything that follows.

Sumonmitra20

Many LO features will be incorporated into MK-2 including RCS reduction with help of RAM but to use word like Stealthy will be called bragging. MK-2 will very much remain a 4th gen fighter doesn't matter what numbers it gets after decimal.

ADA will carry out multiple enhancement exercises on MK-2 prominent among them is AESA MMR, in built EW suit, weight reduction, high speed data link etc. However final configuration will depend on IAF requirements(then).
The MK2 fuselage will also be redesigned to accommodate bigger GE engine.

Sumonmitra20

I doubt that It will be purely stealthy plane. Low RCS yes but definitely it will not be stealthy. They need to design a complete new plane for that and that will take very long time. LCA MK2 will not have internal weapons bay like stealth plane .
I will not be a purely stealth jet but due to it's small size it has smaller RCS and most of the fuselage is made of composite material and the DRDO will coat it with several layers of Radar Absorbing Materiel. So, though it will not be a complete stealth jet, it will be hard to find it on radar because it will leave minimum footprint.

devil510

churai hui tech and knowledge par jyada nahin itraate
bacche baap se kabhi aage nahin jaate
yeh aircraft industry hai bacha copycat design
original se aage kabhi nahin jaate

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

I always thought that Junk fighter is made in Pakistan, thanks for letting me know that Junk fighter is from China, assemble in Pakistan, with engine from Russia. :fear:

bhramos

Country flag
The PAF's IL-78MKPs were spotted at Chengdu three days ago for loading the CAC-built JF-17s in semi-knocked-down condition and ferry-flying them to PAC Kamra.

p2prada

It is not a big deal. PAF is ordering incomplete JF-17s while IAF is waiting it out for a JF-17 Block 3 equivalent LCA. To top it off the LCA's engine will be much better in terms of power and reliability.

devil510

It is not a big deal. PAF is ordering incomplete JF-17s while IAF is waiting it out for a JF-17 Block 3 equivalent LCA. To top it off the LCA's engine will be much better in terms of power and reliability.
hows that so you mena the engine that they are buying off U.S. or kaveri engine

p2prada

hows that so you mena the engine that they are buying off U.S. or kaveri engine
F-414 at 98KN while RD-93s at 91KN or 93, I forgot.

The current version of Kaveri is inferior to the RD-93 and is more or less in the same category as the Mirage-2000's M53 in terms of reliability. Kaveri and M53 need to be serviced after every 75 hours. RD-93 is in the 200 hours category. F-414 is in the 500 hours category.

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, to change a engine of a aircraft is not as easy as to change one cell of cellphone.

Jim Street

Country flag
To be honest, JF-17 Blk III will be ready with FOC way before MK2 FOC. Not talking about specs.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
To be honest, JF-17 Blk III will be ready with FOC way before MK2 FOC. Not talking about specs.
:dude:
What are the specifications of JF-17 Block 3 ?
JF-17 Block 2 = Block 1 with IFR and Software Upgrade for Radar/Avionics.

p2prada

Lot of tall tales there. Let's see how even the Block 2 stacks up to the LCA Mk1.

JF-17 Block 1 is just a shell. The avionics are yet to be integrated, pilots yet to be trained and a lot of other tech and administration headaches to be solved. As of today, you can say the Mk1 is ahead in terms of integration. It is just that IAF wants a complete aircraft and not something like the JF shell.

You can say that once all of these things are installed, the speed of induction of JF-17 will far surpass LCA. But that again depends on the importance of the aircraft to their respective air force. We know that JF-17 is the only new induction happening in PAF today, so the program will have a higher priority compared to LCA.

If they get Block 3 ready before LCA's IOC or FOC then that does not mean a lot considering their definition of IOC and FOC may not be what we define as IOC or FOC. If it is anything like Block Is IOC, then it won't be a big deal where avionics were completely delinked from the program to achieve faster inductions.

The Fox

F-414 at 98KN while RD-93s at 91KN or 93, I forgot.

The current version of Kaveri is inferior to the RD-93 and is more or less in the same category as the Mirage-2000's M53 in terms of reliability. Kaveri and M53 need to be serviced after every 75 hours. RD-93 is in the 200 hours category. F-414 is in the 500 hours category.
I Donot believe that RD 93 has 91 KN thrust it is in the 80 KN. renge I am sleepy I will give u the link first thing in the morning

p2prada

I Donot believe that RD 93 has 91 KN thrust it is in the 80 KN. renge I am sleepy I will give u the link first thing in the morning
I am not sleepy, so I will give you the link right now.

Take-off Magazine : RD-33: output on the rise
According to Klimov, the company's jet engine priorities are the development of the modified RD-93MA with the thrust enhanced to 9,300 kgf for a foreign customer and the development of the upgraded RD-33MKM with a thrust of 9,500 kgf for the MiG corporation.
91KN. The engine going to MiG corp is 93KN.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles